CoWIN Data Breach

I have given up on privacy now in these times, if its not govt leaking data, its corporations logging your habbits, and if you truly want piracy, you gotta be prepared to to forgo most of the modern conveniences because of it.

This kind of thinking is what lets the government continue to operate with absolute zero accountability.

Microsoft didnt mandate me linking my aadhar to everything else. Citibank didnt gift my medical data to random hackers. There is a HUUUUUUUGE difference between Google tracking what videos I like on Youtube and the government forcing biometrics with my medical data and then giving it all away to random hackers. In any normal, sane country that would cause the government to fall down.

Equating that to corporations tracking where you go using Google Maps is like saying "I might as well drink cyanide cause I got food poisoning from Burger King".

Equating that to corporations tracking where you go using Google Maps is like saying "I might as well drink cyanide cause I got food poisoning from Burger King".
Do you even know just how much data gets logged the moment you connect to internet on your mobile or your browser? Everything from how much time you spent on a page, to your interaction on a site, to literally everything you do. Have you seen ads targeted to you on a specific thing you randomly search for within minutes? how do you think that works? they are literally profiling you every minute you spend on the internet and everything from ads to your videos, heck even the sites are tailored for you, How much time you spend jerking off to how much time you spend on shopping, everything is logged. So no its not just "corporations tracking where you go using Google Maps" or "Google tracking what videos I like on Youtube". Agencies like NSA have literal teams dedicated to sifting through this much data and finding patterns in our behavior. Where do you think your privacy is at?

Microsoft didnt mandate me linking my aadhar to everything else. Citibank didnt gift my medical data to random hackers.
Apple has already been proven to have given out user data to US govt on demand, do you really think other companies like Microsoft/Google aren't already doing so?

In any normal, sane country that would cause the government to fall down.
Snowden leaked NSA documents with information about tapping phone/spying on citizens on a massive scale by the US govt in collaboration with EU and telecom companies. Is this severe enough for you?
or maybe this 2020 US federal data breach where multiple organizations including the NATO, UK govt etc were affected on a global scale will be it for you. where are your consequences? And do you really think NSA or any govt agency has stopped their spying/breach of privacy just because they got "caught"?

My point wasn't to defend or excuse the govt of their responsibility in the data breach, we should absolutely nail them to the wall, force them to work on it. but rather my comment was just a dig at the current state regarding to privacy.

Back