Budget 21-30k CPU, MOBO, HDD, RAM, Cabinet, PSU Suggestion Please

Emperor

Skilled
What is your budget?
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel P4
Motherboard - Intel D845**
RAM - Transcend DDR 1
Monitor - Samsung 17" CRT
PSU - Local Brand
LG Optical Drive IDE
Logitech USB Keyboard
Logitech Mouse
Generic Speakers

Which hardware will you be keeping
Monitor - Samsung 17" CRT
LG Optial Drive (It's IDE will use converter for SATA)
Logitech USB Keyboard
Logitech USB Mouse
Generic Speakers

Which hardware component are you looking to buy.
CPU - Any Good/Budget CPU from Intel
Motherboard - Compatible BEST motherboard from any Brand with Good ASS
RAM- Long Lasting with longer warranty with Good ASS
HDD - 1 TB Long Lasting with longer warranty with Good ASS
PSU - Long Lasting with longer warranty Corsair/SeaSonic (should be capable to power "GPU/Graphic Card" if add in future) with Good ASS
Cabinet with Good ASS

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within Next 24 months
LED Monitor 22/24"
GPU / Graphic Card (Don't know which will be more suitable with above System.)

Where will you buy this hardware?
Mumbai
Open to online/TE Dealer (provided cheaper than @ Mumbai Lemington Rd)

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Photoshop (DTP)
Power Point

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Please suggest Intel CPU only. I don't like AMD (don't know why but can't make up my mind to go with AMD)

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
This system is for my Nephew and he love to play games, from his point of view, he would love to play ALL LATEST games, but I know that with 20k budget I might not able to buy him a PC that allow to play all games. So it's up to you (Game Lovers) to suggest system that allow to plays maximum Latest games (I'm dumbo about gaming and it's requirements)

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
I really don't have much knowledge about game/gaming so don't know what resolution will be good for Gaming... here too I will trust my TE friends (your) suggestions.

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
Windows 8 64 bit
Any of above OS which ever good for system and perform best with.

Thank you to all (in advance) for your TIME & SUGGESTION

Last edited:
i3 3220(7500)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
WD Blue 1 TB (3100)
Corsair CX430v2 (2700)
local cabinet (1000)
Asus optical drive (1000)

total: ~20k

Hi,
Your all component total is Rs.22300/-
Also WD Blue 1 TB Rs.3100/- ? Where this available at that price?

i3 3220(7500)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
WD Blue 1 TB (3100)
Corsair CX430v2 (2700)
local cabinet (1000)
Asus optical drive (1000)

total: ~20k

HDD - 1 TB Long Lasting with longer warranty with Good ASS
PSU - Long Lasting with longer warranty Corsair/SeaSonic (should be capable to power "GPU/Graphic Card" if add in future) with Good ASS
Cabinet with Good ASS

The Bolded things are not possible in this budget.

Ok,
I understand both of yours suggestion, that I need to increase budget to make the system (as per my requirements).
Please go ahead and suggest me 1 TB HDD and Good PSU (should be capable to power "GPU/Graphic Card" if add in future) with Good ASS.
I will increase my budget as per.
Thanks

Its JUST 2k over your budget. for photo shop, anything below an i3 is simply crap. If you just want something cheap, get G220 and regret later or invest 2k more in a much much better processor.
The Bolded things are not possible in this budget.

Ok,
I understand both of yours suggestion, that I need to increase budget to make the system (as per my requirements).
Please go ahead and suggest me 1 TB HDD and Good PSU (should be capable to power "GPU/Graphic Card" if add in future) with Good ASS.
I will increase my budget as per.
Thanks

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB (4100)
PSU: corsair cx430v2 is enough for graphic cards upto GTX650ti boost or HD7790.

#harshilsharma63, # vyral_143 & #sasikanth8

Is Antec VP450 ENOUGH for config suggested by harshilshrama63

Antec VP450 way low cost compare to Seasonic S12II 430

Yes it is enough. If you want something better, get cx500v2 or Seasonic S12II 430 W. Seasonic is more expensive but is a much better product. Since your PC isn't power hungry, VP450 will be completely sufficient.

#harshilsharma63
...but I may add GPU/Graphic Card after 1 or 2 years, so at that time does Antec VP450 will be good or need to change PSU to add GPU/Graphic Card at that time?

Yes it is enough. If you want something better, get cx500v2 or Seasonic S12II 430 W. Seasonic is more expensive but is a much better product. Since your PC isn't power hungry, VP450 will be completely sufficient.

#harshilsharma63
...but I may add GPU/Graphic Card after 1 or 2 years, so at that time does Antec VP450 will be good or need to change PSU to add GPU/Graphic Card at that time?

It also depends on which graphic card you'll be buying. For anything upto HD7790 or GTX 650ti boost, Seasonic S12II 430 W is fine. Above that, upto GTX 760 aor HD7870, Seasonic S12II 520 W is fine and above that, it becomes gpu specific. You should think about how much you'll be spending on the graphic card.

.... what is your view about Antec VP450 (Rs.2700/-) upto HD7790 or GTX 650ti boost ?
AS I need to shell Rs.1500/- more for Seasonic S12II 430w (Rs.4200/-)

It also depends on which graphic card you'll be buying. For anything upto HD7790 or GTX 650ti boost, Seasonic S12II 430 W is fine. Above that, upto GTX 760 aor HD7870, Seasonic S12II 520 W is fine and above that, it becomes gpu specific. You should think about how much you'll be spending on the graphic card.

Your final config for 25K should be

Intel i3-3220 - 7450
Gigabyte B75M-DH3 - 4800
Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 4 GB - 2400
WD Blue 1 TB - 4170
Seasonic S12 II 430 - 3800
Generic Cabinet - 1000
Asus/HP DVD drive - 1000

Total ~ 24.6k

Back