Budget 21-30k CPU, MOBO, HDD, RAM, Cabinet, PSU Suggestion Please

This system is for my Nephew and he love to play games, from his point of view, he would love to play ALL LATEST games, but I know that with 20k budget I might not able to buy him a PC that allow to play all games.
for photo shop, anything below an i3 is simply crap. If you just want something cheap, get G220 and regret later or invest 2k more in a much much better processor.
@Emperor, will your nephew be mainly using photoshop or gaming? If its gaming, you will be better off with a G2020 + entry level GPU (for the same price of an i3). After 2 years when you do change your GPU, I highly doubt your nephew will complain that he is getting 2 fps less with his G2xxx, but he will be complaining for these 2 years that his i3's HD 2500 graphics is rubbish for gaming.
Add in the fact that modern versions of Photoshop are showing huge boosts from GPU assisted acceleration, and I'm still wondering how the i3 offers any value for your situation.

@Emperor, will your nephew be mainly using photoshop or gaming? If its gaming, you will be better off with a G2020 + entry level GPU (for the same price of an i3). After 2 years when you do change your GPU, I highly doubt your nephew will complain that he is getting 2 fps less with his G2xxx, but he will be complaining for these 2 years that his i3's HD 2500 graphics is rubbish for gaming.
Add in the fact that modern versions of Photoshop are showing huge boosts from GPU assisted acceleration, and I'm still wondering how the i3 offers any value for your situation.

I'm sorry to say but you are absolutely wrong here. I can play Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 and warhead, all ME series games, all COD, BF3, FIFA 13/14 GRID2 and all latest games with HD2500. Don't go just by benchmarks, they don't take into account driver updates. Plus, you can overclock it too. Photoshop runs fine too with GPU acceleration set to medium, SketchUp works fine, Blender and AE CS6 work perfectly too. Get a reality check buddy.

you can overclock it too
OP clearly says he is not going to OC and you are saying oc on i3:confused:

@Crazy_Eddy
OP is not looking to buy GPU now, so the i3 configuration would be better.
Yes, will upgrade the following within Next 24 months
LED Monitor 22/24"
GPU / Graphic Card

@Emperor
Get the config suggested by vyral_143 above and you can add gpu later(gpu will be different after 2 years so pointing to one will be of no sense)
If you can push your budget a little try to get Seasonic s12II 520W

I'm sorry to say but you are absolutely wrong here. I can play Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 and warhead, all ME series games, all COD, BF3, FIFA 13/14 GRID2 and all latest games with HD2500. Don't go just by benchmarks, they don't take into account driver updates. Plus, you can overclock it too. Photoshop runs fine too with GPU acceleration set to medium, SketchUp works fine, Blender and AE CS6 work perfectly too. Get a reality check buddy.
Relax old man, no need to blow a gasket if someone presents an alternative they consider better value. I admit the 'HD2500 is rubbish for gaming' statement might have been a bit overkill, but so is "anything less than an i3 is crap for photoshop" :p

Gaming :- The HD 2500 is NOT going to outperform an entry level GPU like a GT 630, whatever driver updates you throw at it. Feel free to run some comparative benchmarks if you have a GT630 or similar on hand and let us know. Plus with the GT630, he can re-sell the card for another 1~2k when he upgrades the GPU; can't do that with the i3's integrated HD 2500.

Photoshop :- I did not say photoshop won't run fine, I said the G2xxx + GPU ~GT630 will show a bigger "boost" than what the i3 will show over the G2xxx. If you have a dictionary at hand, please check what "boost" means. Here's a sample test between the better HD 4000 and the lower GT 610 : http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop-CS6-GPU-Acceleration-161/

OP clearly says he is not going to OC and you are saying oc on i3:confused:

@Crazy_Eddy
OP is not looking to buy GPU now, so the i3 configuration would be better.
He means OC'ing the i3's integrated GPU.

Although the OP isn't looking to buy a GPU now, I don't see how the i3 would offer him any value for his money. I still think a basic G2xxx + GT 630 would be far better overall for the same money.

Last edited:
The summary:

G2020 + gpu > i3 3220 alone > g2020 alone

i3 3220 + gpu > g2020 alone = i3 combo not within budget
i3 3220 + gpu > g2020 + gpu = i3 combo not within budget
Correct, and since the last 2 options obviously do not fit in, you now know why the 1st option is the best VFM :)

Hello #Crazy_Eddy & #harshilsharma63
I really appreciate both of your inputs to help me build VFM System.
Please suggest me revised system config considering Crazy_Eddy's suggestion (I think it will help me to save some amount)
Thanks to both of you :)

Correct, and since the last 2 options obviously do not fit in, you now know why the 1st option is the best VFM :)
G2020 + gpu > i3 3220 alone

Hello #Crazy_Eddy & #harshilsharma63
I really appreciate both of your inputs to help me build VFM System.
Please suggest me revised system config considering Crazy_Eddy's suggestion (I think it will help me to save some amount)
Thanks to both of you :)

So you increased your budget to 25k... really good :)

i3 3220 (7200)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Any HD7750 (6500)
Antec VP450P (2600)
local cabinet (1000)

total: ~26k

If you want it absolutely under 25k, replace i3 3220 with G2020.

^ The above config looks good. Except you will find there's a mistake in the addition and its actually ~28k, plus the HD 7750 prices are usually about 1k more, i.e. total goes up to ~29k. To shave off the 4k to get to 25k, you will need to get.. ta-da.. the G2020 :p

Hi,
As of now I will stay away from HD7750 will add after some time (may be after 9-12 months), what you guys says?

Sorry for late reply, as I was out of town.

^ The above config looks good. Except you will find there's a mistake in the addition and its actually ~28k, plus the HD 7750 prices are usually about 1k more, i.e. total goes up to ~29k. To shave off the 4k to get to 25k, you will need to get.. ta-da.. the G2020 :p

#harshilsharma63
As of last, you had suggested following:-
i3 3220 (7200)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Antec VP450P (2600)
local cabinet (1000)

Now in last 15 days I found that my Monitor too near to dead (17" Samsung CRT), kindly suggest me to get it repaired or replaced it with LED one?
What Brand 19" LED Monitor is BEST for and at what price?

What is Haswell (latest) and IvyBridge (Old) CPU ? what is difference between?
Is i3 3220 is Haswell?

**** Would you like (once again) to revised your above suggested configuration, if yes, please suggest. (if needed I can up budget by 2-3k more)
Thanks

#harshilsharma63
As of last, you had suggested following:-
i3 3220 (7200)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Antec VP450P (2600)
local cabinet (1000)

Now in last 15 days I found that my Monitor too near to dead (17" Samsung CRT), kindly suggest me to get it repaired or replaced it with LED one?
What Brand 19" LED Monitor is BEST for and at what price?

What is Haswell (latest) and IvyBridge (Old) CPU ? what is difference between?
Is i3 3220 is Haswell?

**** Would you like (once again) to revised your above suggested configuration, if yes, please suggest. (if needed I can up budget by 2-3k more)
Thanks

> Dell IN2030 is good but is not available now. Samsung S20A300N is good.

> haswell is code name for Intel's 4th gen processors and Ivy Bridge is for 3rd gen processors.

Is i3 4xxx models are available in India? any link to seller?
Yeah I've seen the i3 4130 listed on Delta, theitdepot, etc. The only thing is you cannot use it on the Gigabyte B75M DH3 since Haswell uses a new socket, so you would need to look at an 8 series chipset board. B85 chipset based boards start at 6k. There are H81 boards for about 4k, but have some feature cuts like only 2 USB 3 and Sata 6 Gbps ports, PCI-E 2.0 instead of 3.0, and only 2 RAM slots.

Hmmm... so what you guys #harshilsharma63 & Crazy_Eddy, would like to suggest me... Haswell or ... Stick to Harshil Sharma's suggestion and use system for coming 4-5 years will it suffice my need as I mentioned at starting of this thread? ..... errr I'm confused :(

It is available but is priced too high to justify it. you can get a10 5800 at the same price which is much better then i3 4xxx.
Yeah I've seen the i3 4130 listed on Delta, theitdepot, etc. The only thing is you cannot use it on the Gigabyte B75M DH3 since Haswell uses a new socket, so you would need to look at an 8 series chipset board. B85 chipset based boards start at 6k. There are H81 boards for about 4k, but have some feature cuts like only 2 USB 3 and Sata 6 Gbps ports, PCI-E 2.0 instead of 3.0, and only 2 RAM slots.

Back