CPU/Mobo Cpu+mobo+ram buying advice

zapout

Disciple
1.What is your budget?

2.What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model) CPU - Amd Athlon x2 240(dead)
Motherboard-Biostar Ta785ge 128m
Gpu-none (have a dead 4670)
Ram- 2gb ddr2 667mhz
Monitor- Benq g2222hdl
Smps- corsair vx450
Cabinet- nzxt gamma
Hdd- 2 500gb drive

3.Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor- Benq g2222hdl
Smps- corsair vx450
Cabinet- nzxt gamma
Hdd- 2 500gb drive

4.Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU- Amd A10 5800k for 8k
Motherboard- Fm2 board under 5k
Ram- 4gb 1600mhz ram for 2k

5.Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
Ram- 4gb 1600mhz ram
Gpu- a 5670 gddr5(i'm not sure about this, it depends, i'll add this if needed.

6.Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Nehru place(smc, computer empire)

7.Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market--NO

8.What is your intended use for this PC/hardware-
watching Hd movies, encoding-handbrake, games-bioshock series, most of the FPS, Dirt series, batman series, single player only, and usually play on 720p with low-medium settings.

9.Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Not particularly , but would want good after sale service.

10.If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Fps-bioshock series, crysis series,
Third person- Dead space series
Racing- Dirts series, burnout,
Puzzle, indie games-amnesia, mark of the ninja, world of goo,
Low to medium settings.

11.What is your preferred monitor resolution
For normal-1080p
For gaming-720p

12.Are you looking to overclock?
No

13.Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration? Windows 7 64 bit

i want a casual gaming rig with a quad core chip, and i'm leaning towards amd a10 5800k, i don't have large enough budget for a discrete gpu, and honestly i was happy with the performace of my sapphire 4670 gddr3(its dead now)
so if a10 can performe equally or better than 4670 then it's perfect.

guys suggest me a rig, and also provide your inpute on sata 6gb, and how hot a10 5800k can get.
A friend of myn have a 5670 gddr5, he might sell this in next 6-8 months, i might buy this if i need to.
smc quoted 8k for the amd cpu, i was thinking buying a board for 5k and 4gb 1600mhz ram for the remaining 2k

How did your CPU conk ? Did you test it ?

How old is the CPU ?

If in warranty, wont it be replaced and you can get yourself a new GPU in the budget ?

ASRock has an FM2 motherboard priced around 4k (see flipkart).

Note: for the A10-5800K to perform optimally you need to go for minimum 1600MHz DDR3 RAM ...... anything lower and it "under-performs"

^^thanks for the link,, and i'm not going to overclock it, but might add an after market cooler just to keep it cool.

are 1600mhz rams going to run at 1333mhz normally??
i've read online that to fix it one have to enable xmp profile, does gskill ripjaw/corsair vengeance have compatible amd profiles??(total noob here)

and whats the reason you guys usually recommend gskill ripjaw over corsair vengeance??

Back