Budget 0-20k CPU + MOBO + RAM

HackerX

Disciple
Hello!

I currently have an old configuration. I would like to upgrading CPU+Mobo+RAM. No video card in Future. Want to spend as low as possible because currently don't have the I really deserve.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 10K to 15K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel C2D
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte
    • GPU - None
    • RAM - 4 GB
    • Monitor - 1080P 22"
    • PSU - Corsair 450W
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • All except CPU+Mobo+RAM
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD 3000G or Intel G6400
    • Motherboard - No Idea
    • RAM - 2x4GB DDR4 2666(may be)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No upgrade
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kolkata or
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Movies
    • Browsing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Don't know
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • The Witcher 3 ;)
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 Home 64 bit

if your existing gigabyte is LGA1155 socket then there is already a Xeon 1280 V2 for sale for 5500. its a terrific processor for the going price and you may continue using your existing setup. it will give immense performance boost. use rest money for RAM ( again buy here used ) and get a GPU ( 710GT etc for 3k new/used )

if your existing gigabyte is LGA1155 socket then there is already a Xeon 1280 V2 for sale for 5500. its a terrific processor for the going price and you may continue using your existing setup. it will give immense performance boost. use rest money for RAM ( again buy here used ) and get a GPU ( 710GT etc for 3k new/used )
OP has a core 2 duo - Socket LGA775

Will there be any issues if I run 3000MHz RAM with 3000G ? Getting 2x4GB 2666 RAM offline becoming issue. CPU+ Mobo priced near total 10K offline.

3000G is the perfect stopgap solution during the current scenario.
Cpu is currently going for 5750 + a decent A320 board should be around 4-4.5K.
Pls get dual channel kit for APU, the difference is really noticeable.
You can build the entire system under 20K aaram se.

At this price point you should ideally consider getting used. You'll get significantly better performance and as long as you're getting it from genuine sellers you should be good

That said, the 3000g is a great CPU if you're hell bent on new. Remember that it's based on Zen-2 architecture from what I know. So your RAM speeds are important. Stay away from 2133 or 2400

3000G is the perfect stopgap solution during the current scenario.
Cpu is currently going for 5750 + a decent A320 board should be around 4-4.5K.
Pls get dual channel kit for APU, the difference is really noticeable.
You can build the entire system under 20K aaram se.
Athlon 3000G currently going for 5500/-

Back