Budget 0-20k CPU+Mobo Upgrade

RanjithMN

Disciple
Hello guys,

1. What is your budget?
    • 20k-25k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Corsair VX550 PSU
      HD 7790 1GB DDR5
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Corsair VX550 PSU
    • HD 7790 1GB DDR5
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • MSI Z170A PC MATE ,or
      GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H LGA 1151 INTEL

Intel Core i5 6500 (LGA1151 Socket)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes,will upgrade PSU and Cabinet
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Amazon Preferably
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming+Movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing as such.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1680x1050/FHD
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Maybe
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8

As you can see, I need a suggestion for the CPU+Mobo combo. I've gone the
LGA 1151/Z170 Chipset route and
decided on the Intel Core i5 6500 . Is there a better alternative? For my budget, looks like I will only get a basic board with a
Intel Z170 chipset. Do you guys recommend me going the LGA 1150/Z97 route instead? My budget is 20-25k for the Mobo+CPU.

Thank you!

Intel Core i5 6500 -14600,
Gigabyte H170M-D3H -9200,
G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -3500.
TOTAL -27,300.

Thank you, Sunil. I just came across the MSI H170 GAMING M3 and looks like I can fit it into my budget. Any idea if that would be worth it?

Regards,

Last edited:
Sorry for asking again but after searching around a lot I've narrowed down the Mobo to the following:
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
Asrock Z170 Extreme4
Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4

Would be great if anyone could help me decide between them. All are priced about the same. Which provides better service/support/RMA in India? Asus or Asrock?
Thank you

Sorry for asking again but after searching around a lot I've narrowed down the Mobo to the following:
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
Asrock Z170 Extreme4
Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4

Would be great if anyone could help me decide between them. All are priced about the same. Which provides better service/support/RMA in India? Asus or Asrock?
Thank you
Usually Asus RMA comes 1st then comes Asrock RMA.

Asrock is the sister company of Asus.
Also look online for proper reviews of the motherboards and compare the features. Don't simply go by the "gaming" tag.

Just to update you guys..I have finalized on the following:

Antec GX505- en route from IT Depot
GSkill RipJaws 1x8GB bought via MD Computers

Pending:
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Intel Core i5 6500

Ill be using my Sapphire 7790 1GB DDR5 until I gather some funds for an upgrade . Until then should I be upgrading my Corsair CX600 or can I continue using it?

Thank you

Yes you can use it. Not enough reasons to warrant a psu upgrade unless you can shell out some 5-6 grand for a good one.
But i noticed that you are getting or planning to get a "Z-chipset" motherboard with a locked processor. If you dont plan to later move to an overclockable (overclocking) processor then perhaps you should consider downgrading the motherboard to other chipset. Just a small suggestion.

Last edited:
@iPwnz

Hey, thanks for the reply. For starters I ended up buying a Core i7 6700 :) . I went for the Z170 more because of the few features these makers avoid in the other chip sets. Else I could have easily gone for them since I mostly wouldn't OC.

I'm thinking of upgrading my PSU since I'm planning on the Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8G :D . I suppose a 620W would be enough? How about SEASONIC M12II-620 ?

Thank you

Just to let you guys know, my new system is up and running! This is the cirrent config I ended up with:

Antec GX505
GSkill RipJaws 1x8GB
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Intel Core i7 6700
Corsair RM750x
Seagate 1TB SSHD
Windows 10 Pro

Carried over from the old system:
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Sapphire HD7790 1GB

Was looking to get the Sapphire R9 390 but its unavailable everywhere! So kinda halted GPU purchase till its available and also eager to wait for the Pascal and Polaris!

All in all, very happy but exceeded my budget by almost 3-4 times :p

Last edited:
Just wait for polaris/ pascal. Then either get the new gfx card or get last gen card at less :)

AMD gfx cards seem to be under partial embargo by indian retailers. Most of the retailers dont stock them and those who do price them much higher than same class nvidia cards. Pretty shitty situation

@iPwnz

Here is the breakdown:

Intel Core i7 6700 - 25,999.00. Off eBay 23k with a coupon code
Seagate Desktop 1 TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6 GB 5,640.00 -Off eBay, after coupon codes and etc got it for 4.2k
Asus Z170-Pro - 15,233.00 eBay
Antex GX505 - 4985.00 inc shipping off ITDepot
Corsair RM70x - 9,393 off MD Computers
G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 8GB (1 x 8GB) 3,607 off MD Computers

budget 0-20k
Processor alone costs over 20k. Rofl.
But the motherboard and Corsair RM750 PSU costs seem to be a little high? Did you compare the prices with other sites?

Processor alone costs over 20k. Rofl.
But the motherboard and Corsair RM750 PSU costs seem to be a little high? Did you compare the prices with other sites?

Hey, the mobo price is pretty much the norm across all the online stores. The PSU is pretty much not available elsewhere :)

Back