PC Peripherals CPU or Graphics card Upgrade ?

Crazy_Eddy said:
The time is so far away that there's so much that can change by the time Socket M2 is officially released, hence i refrained from mentioning the official stand on 667Mhz DDR2 support ! Who knows, by then they might adopt higher speeds like 800Mhz DDR2.

Even then, there's nothing that will stop you from using higher speed memory. Consider the present scenario - there is 600Mhz DDR RAM available, even though officially only 400Mhz DDR RAM is supported. If you overclock, you can always make use of the faster 600Mhz DDR RAM.

Plus a couple of extras were released with the Rev. E CPUs (Venice, SanDiego) allowing memory dividers for higher memory speeds like 466Mhz, 533Mhz etc. So you could have your CPU at stock and have your memory running at higher speeds of 466Mhz ,533Mhz, etc. These were meant to be implemented in updated BIOSes from motherboard manufacturers allowing you to select these higher memory dividers from the BIOS. I'm not quite sure if its been done as yet :)
Couldnt find a link to a graphical roadmap, but this article from Anantech has a lot to read up on:
http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2476
thanks Eddy :)

1ghz ram sounds so cool :cool2: I am still using 400mhz :(

OMG im confused now! Eddy saiyng s1 u saiyng m2 !!! :mad:

Ok so itll wait for the Socket M2 Nex Gen *Desktop* PROCCESOR.

No i just wanted to know whether my CPU will last me well till then...

goldenfrag said:
OMG im confused now! Eddy saiyng s1 u saiyng m2 !!! :mad:

Ok so itll wait for the Socket M2 Nex Gen *Desktop* PROCCESOR.

No i just wanted to know whether my CPU will last me well till then...

hehe you have a dual core p4 will definitely last you until next gen socket m2 its only 6 to 9 away ;)

No the arguement is will it last well after the Socket M2 releases :p.

Coz i will have olny like 500 - 600 dollars to spend.

Thus its either a hellish gfx card or a heavenly proccy..

Back