CPU power on rent

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section for this post. Anyone tried those websites which take your cpu's power on rent? How was your experience like?

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section for this post. Anyone tried those websites which take your cpu's power on rent? How was your experience like?

Thanks
don't know about websites but boinc and f@h are pretty legit, and you can get some cryptocurrency in exchange for points contributed on the platforms

Link to their website please.
I am not very up to date on this but I think CureCoin was created for this specific purpose only - facilitate research on folding at home by encouraging people to share their compute resources in exchange for cryptocurrency. Not sure if the project is still up tho since vaccine has been found. There's also banano.how, and I've personally earned over 2k bananos via mining lol.
These won't be very profitable tho, think of them more as a kickback for the compute you are donating. If you are looking to make money then I don't know about the websites you mention which allow you to "rent out" your computer's resources, and neither would I personally trust them because of security and privacy purposes. Plus Google colab (with Intel Xeons and Nvidia Teslas) is free anyway so I don't get why someone would pay to rent someone else's computing power

I am not very up to date on this but I think CureCoin was created for this specific purpose only - facilitate research on folding at home by encouraging people to share their compute resources in exchange for cryptocurrency. Not sure if the project is still up tho since vaccine has been found. There's also banano.how, and I've personally earned over 2k bananos via mining lol.
These won't be very profitable tho, think of them more as a kickback for the compute you are donating. If you are looking to make money then I don't know about the websites you mention which allow you to "rent out" your computer's resources, and neither would I personally trust them because of security and privacy purposes. Plus Google colab (with Intel Xeons and Nvidia Teslas) is free anyway so I don't get why someone would pay to rent someone else's computing power
Your last line?
Cloud is just someone else's computer ;)

Yea Nvidia Tesla T4 is available to use for free I think if I remember correctly. Pretty damn powerful for most individuals' purposes I reckon
Tesla P100 is also available but I'm not sure if it's there in the free version
Tesla allowed them to use the gpu's built for them by nvidia for their AD purpose? Great.

Tesla allowed them to use the gpu's built for them by nvidia for their AD purpose? Great.
Wtf are you smoking lol. Tesla doesn't build GPUs. Nvidia has a separate line of GPUs for enterprise and professional application and its called the Tesla line, like how gaming line is called GeForce

Read my reply again.
Still doesn't make sense. The Tesla line of GPUs wasn't built for Tesla the car company. Nvidia is just using the same name as the car company is for market g their interprise and workstation cards. Nvidia Tesla isn't affiliated with Tesla Motors Inc. Nvidia may supply chips to Tesla Motors Inc. sure but they don't make the Tesla line of cards, or have named it so, for the car company.
Kindly do some basic googling

Also the Tesla line of GPUs often costs tens of thousands of dollars, and if you had taken the time to google this then you'd have understood that Nvidia wouldn't build a workstation level, 10k usd card with 16-32GB VRAM for a car company which sells cars starting from 30kusd

Last edited:
Still doesn't make sense. The Tesla line of GPUs wasn't built for Tesla the car company. Nvidia is just using the same name as the car company is for market g their interprise and workstation cards. Nvidia Tesla isn't affiliated with Tesla Motors Inc. Nvidia may supply chips to Tesla Motors Inc. sure but they don't make the Tesla line of cards, or have named it so, for the car company.
Kindly do some basic googling

Also the Tesla line of GPUs often costs tens of thousands of dollars, and if you had taken the time to google this then you'd have understood that Nvidia wouldn't build a workstation level, 10k usd card with 16-32GB VRAM for a car company which sells cars starting from 30kusd
I wish there was a facepalm emoji. Anyways the gpu's used by Tesla made by Nvidia are for Tesla car's only. Now Tesla is going to try to build them themselves as Nvidia has parterned with Mercedes as well. EOD for me bro. Cheers.

Back