CPU/Mobo CPU Temps too high?

>>>>>>>take a patch of dry grass the size of the ceiling of your cpu. place it on the top properly, and wet the grass with chilled water.. this will help the cpu wall to stay cool. . . >>>> hahahaha..
<
<

just kiddin..

dude.. i told you already. you keep applying your brains on all this stuff... theres no end to it.. our main purpose is to have a properly functioning machine while also maintaining a parity between cost and performance.. in any such stuff, if you start getting into details and depth, you will keep going down the rabbit hole and it will never end.. if you are not preparing for any kind of race, or trying to squeeze 1 extra frame per second, just for the sake of it, dont rake your mind over all this stuff. your temps are fine..

ofcourse, there will be methods to bring the temps down, but do you really need them?? especially when they are not cheap???

its not like an F1 race, obviously you will have better grip with slick tyres, but that doesnt make you put them in your daily use car.. putting nitrogen in the wheels will keep the rubber temp. of the tyres lower.. but all that is like extreme stuff like an F1 race, where winning and losing and performance is judged by the diff. of 1/10th of a second..

we dont require that kind of stuff. you've got a good machine with a good graphics card, the games are running fine.. and thats all that there is.. you are not gaining anything by spending lots of money just to lower your temps. by a few 10 degrees..

all this stuff is done by people who get into hardcore extraction of the max. performance their machines can be capable of.. first they will overclock, then cpu will overheat, then spend on cooling solutions, then cpu temps are fine, then overclock more and then cool more.. but all this stuff is mainly done just to find out the max. potential of one's machine..

if you're not into that kinda stuff, its my strong advice, just enjoy your comp., your temps. are absolutely fine, 65 degrees wont even burn your fingers, let alone damaging your inorganic computer system..

and after you've spent money on all this, even you will feel that there was really no need.. you just spent your money unnecessarily on something unimportant..

As said before, the more you go on thinking in depth, the more that thing will bother you i.e. haunt you day and night. Rather put your brain in sm good use. Go game and have fun...play battlefield or nfs run.....
<

all this stuff is done by people who get into hardcore extraction of the max. performance their machines can be capable of.. first they will overclock, then cpu will overheat, then spend on cooling solutions, then cpu temps are fine, then overclock more and then cool more.. but all this stuff is mainly done just to find out the max. potential of one's machine..

if you're not into that kinda stuff, its my strong advice, just enjoy your comp., your temps. are absolutely fine, 65 degrees wont even burn your fingers, let alone damaging your inorganic computer system..

and after you've spent money on all this, even you will feel that there was really no need.. you just spent your money unnecessarily on something unimportant..

Not to impinge on your point of view Sire, but let us leave the details of over-heating to the user [in this case OP], different people have different reasons to use solutions [expensive OR non expensive] to their daily problems.

Several hardware sites have found in their thermal paste reviews that the common toothpaste and Mayonnaise are good thermal conductors for short term use [max ~2 -- 3 days] that does not mean everyone will be bold enough to give this treatment a shot.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1410046 / http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Thermal-Compound-Roundup-October-2011/1396.

I have an AMD Phenom IIx4 processor and I am investing in a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler which ~4000/-, not because I want to over-clock the living day-lights out of my system, it is because I want to have a cool CPU with a silent HSF solution. Sure it is expensive but the service Noctua provides is just as good --

--> 2 premium quality silent 120mm fans

--> six years warranty

--> free adapter kits for each socket released by AMD and Intel [just have the proof of purchase]

--> silent and effective cooling

So let the OP decide what he wants and how much he can spend, I am not saying you are wrong. Cheers!!

what kinda fan, any recommendations?
Any of this variant will do --> http://www.coolermaster.com/category.php?category_id=3554, these can purchased for ~450/- @Lamington Road.

OR

http://www.coolermaster.com/category.php?category_id=3583, these can be purchased ~600/- @Lamington Road.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

#Solid_Snake do have a look at what #ALPHA17 has suggested when you go to Lamington Road both of them are pretty good pick one according to your budget.

But if you get a better deal at Lamington Road then accept it with both hands, but stay away from those el-cheapo variety of fans as they have pretty low RPM and low air flow capacity which won't serve the purpose. So do check the specs before buying any fan.
<

Do update us here when you do it & how are the temps after installing it.
<

Not to impinge on your point of view Sire, but let us leave the details of over-heating to the user [in this case OP], different people have different reasons to use solutions [expensive OR non expensive] to their daily problems.

Several hardware sites have found in their thermal paste reviews that the common toothpaste and Mayonnaise are good thermal conductors for short term use [max ~2 -- 3 days] that does not mean everyone will be bold enough to give this treatment a shot.

http://hardforum.com...d.php?t=1410046 / http://www.hardwares...tober-2011/1396.

I have an AMD Phenom IIx4 processor and I am investing in a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler which ~4000/-, not because I want to over-clock the living day-lights out of my system, it is because I want to have a cool CPU with a silent HSF solution. Sure it is expensive but the service Noctua provides is just as good --

--> 2 premium quality silent 120mm fans

--> six years warranty

--> free adapter kits for each socket released by AMD and Intel [just have the proof of purchase]

--> silent and effective cooling

So let the OP decide what he wants and how much he can spend, I am not saying you are wrong. Cheers!!

the whole reason, the person who started this thread , started it is because he wasnt sure about his temps. and didnt know what to do. thats why he seeks advice. i precisely mentioned in my post, that there are a lot of things available, but if the person is not sure what to do, its better he save the money. if he knew what to do, this thread wouldnt have started in the first place.

its fine you want all that cooling solution for your comp. no prob.

but the thing is, there will be people who will advise just some extra or higher RPM fans, some people will advise for the most expensive air cooling solution, then some more geek user will come along and say that air cooling is shit, water cooling is the way to go.. and then there will be different levels of advice given on water cooling.. then some ultimate cooling solution god will notice the thread, and he will probably advise that all these cooling solutions are absolutely useless. he should be using the liquid nitrogen cooling solution which keeps the processor temps in the negative ..

and there is no problem with all this.. my only point is, where is the limit?? any limit is imposed by us upon ourselves is due to our own thinking and mentality. i am just advising, not to just get confused because if you start researching, you will be surprised of what all is available in the market. . and how expensive.. you will find cooling solutions more expensive than your computer itself..

right now with the kind of temps. mentioned, i dont think the user needs to spend any extra money on cooling.. but if he just likes to keep his computer very cool, he may as well go ahead and buy something..

Honestly, if you don't plan to use it longer than the warranty period, and if you plan to use it under load for 1 hour or less daily, max, then for a stock cooler 75+- or even low 80s with 5 min OCCT load is acceptable.

Of course it is ideal to have 50s or 60s, but it isn't that easy to get. 70s is perfectly fine.

If you plan to overclock, you do need to get better cooling so that it doesn't cross 70-80C under full load with the overclock. However, as long as your CPU rarely crosses 75-80C you are pretty much acceptably okay if this is not a 5-10 year to be rig.

But if you get near 70C with just shooting out BF3, then your full load temperature will probably cross 90C with a stress test and that might become a bit tricky, especially in the summers. So in that case, just get a better paste and a CPU cooler like Hyper 212 or something and you would be able to stay within 50s or at most early 60s at stock.

If with real world load, you never touch 70-75C you are perfectly fine. Don't spend a penny over it, won't help unless you plan to make it last 10+ years.

People buy better cooling for overclocking, and overclocked systems with decent cooling often go beyond 70C under full load, like IBT or OCCT.

You don't need better cooling, you are doing fine. Don't try to fix it if it ain't broken.

If you ever plan to overclock or if your temps ever touch 75C, you can think of all this. But right now it basically depends on how much money you can burn for no tangible benefits.

Anybody who tells you that you need to keep the temperature in the 50s is nuts. And even if it is in early to mid 70s while stress testing, it is perfectly fine. PERIOD Anybody who tells you otherwise is an inexperienced noob. Because if stress testing makes it 75C, in all probability it won't even touch 70C under any real world testing.

And unless you plan to keep it at late 60s for several hours at a stretch, you are fine.

As long as it stays below 50-60 for at least 20 hours in a day, you are perfectly fine. And the remaining 4 hours should be below 70-75C. This is like a perfect situation and you don't need to do anything.

There is no limit to this, might as well get TEC or LN2 and go for sub zero temps. Just like that is going overboard, asking somebody to keep his full load temps in 50s when he doesn't need it is just insane. Sure, if you want to use the CPU for 10 years, it might help, but for 3-4 years it is insane.

Back