CreationWatches - Questions

I have done both from Creation - With box and without. With box I have done and was charged a customs duty after waiting for over a month. Without box it came home without any duty and I have done that a couple of times.
What was the cost of the watches which came without box?
And, how was your experience with the Registered Mail? How long does it usually take and can you track the package?

I dont recollect the cost... Must have been some watch of about USD200. Registered mail came within 3 weeks and you can track the package.
Post automatically merged:

Creation will mark down watches for you if you ask them to.

Any updates on Custom duty being levied on products from CW/DutyFreeIsland?

I am planning to buy an Orient Bambino. I have bought SKX009 from CW in past and didn't had to pay Custom duty as it was marked down.

Another question: Is there anyone who had to pay customs even after CW had marked down the price?

Last edited:
Any updates on Custom duty being levied on products from CW/DutyFreeIsland?

I am planning to buy an Orient Bambino. I have bought SKX009 from CW in past and didn't had to pay Custom duty as it was marked down.

Another question: Is there anyone who had to pay customs even after CW had marked down the price?

I think it depends on luck. I bought an Orient Bambino from Creationwatches in 2019 and had to pay Rs.3656/- as Customs Duty. The price of the watch was Rs.8546/- (excluding the Customs Duty). CW didn't mark down the price on the package:

Photos of the CN22 Price Declaration Form provided by CW and the Customs Duty receipt stuck on the shipment by India Customs (Kolkata):

DSCF7498.jpg

DSCF7500.jpg

The Kolkata Customs Department detained the shipment with "CN22 Form Missing or Inappropriate" status on India Post tracking. I write to them with an Invoice provided by CW and my Bank Transaction Receipt and then they released the shipment after 3-5 days. The local India Post postman brought it and I paid the Duty to him.

P.S. CW have this new option now where you just Pre-pay the Insurance & Customs Duties/ Taxes (DHL Express Priority) at the time of purchase from the site:

Capture.jpg

I haven't tried this method myself but intend to soon as I will be buying a Seiko. I would much rather just pay the Duties in advance and relax and enjoy the fast shipment through DHL Express Priority. :)

Last edited:
I think it depends on luck. I bought an Orient Bambino from Creationwatches in 2019 and had to pay Rs.3656/- as Customs Duty. The price of the watch was Rs.8546/- (excluding the Customs Duty). CW didn't mark down the price on the package:
Thanks for your reply. I bought mine in August, 2018 - Non-DHL, without box, came without Custom duty. Did you ask them to mark down the price?

Thanks for your reply. I bought mine in August, 2018 - Non-DHL, without box, came without Custom duty. Did you ask them to mark down the price?

Nope, I didn't ask them to mark it down on that occasion but I had bought watches from them and AliExpress as well before and marking the price down didn't really act in my favor much. I've just not had much luck evading Customs Duty and honestly now I have just come to terms with the fact of coughing it up.

Any recent purchases from CW?
Customs getting applied for non-box marked down parcels?
Planning to get two automatics

Customs these days are pretty strict so chances of your shipment missing the duty radar are slim but if you are lucky...

Also, Duty if levied these days are pretty high from what I have heard.

Back