Creative EP-630 Review

Well my friend bought this recently & I borrowed it for testing it out

Specifications :

Response Bandwidth: 6 - 23000 Hz
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years warranty
Weight: 9 g
Connections Connector Type: 1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )

Headphones Connectivity Technology: Wired
Diaphragm: 8 mm
Impedance: 16 Ohm
Magnet Material: Neodymium
Sensitivity: 106 dB
Sound Output Mode: Stereo

Cable Length: 1.2 m

Well being an In Ear Monitor / Canalphone, I was wondering if I would like the whole fitting inside the ear canal thing. It comes with 3 sizes of silicone earbuds for custom fitting according to size of the ear canal… I tried all 3 (cleaning them before of course) and found the medium fit best for me…

How to ensure you get the best fit:

There are several techniques to get the right fit … I used the trick of pulling my ears up and then inserting the earbuds inside. Thankfully, I have no problems with these remaining in my ear for extended period of time and the silicone tips are comfortable… The isolation is excellent and blocks almost every external sound. If you don’t get the fit right , it will sound bad , no bass & muddy. Getting the fit right will take couple of attempts to get used to. Be patient & don’t jamm it in your ear.

Build Quality:

It is decent with the wires being long enough. The plastic feel is present. Another important point is if you have the earbuds inside your ear with no music on & the wires brushing your hands or body , you will hear sounds which can be irritating to some extent.

For Testing :
Creative Rhomba Nx player (EQ on /off)
Headphone out of Audigy 4 pro break out box

I used all kinds of music to test the performance out

This is an excellent budget IEM. The bass is much more overpowering than the treble but the balance seems good but in bass heavy songs, it can be a bit too heavy and then when you realize that the bass is slightly muddy. But saying that, these things can blow the best of earbuds away easily.
The highs sound a little recessed but the mids are out there and hence makes it a decent balanced sound but not the fun types. Being just 16 ohm impedance , they can get loud a lot so keep the volume down when you listen for extended periods or fatighue will set in. Well it is a budget IEM anyway.

Vocals sound good especially females more than male singers

If you listen to classical / hip hop / trance / heavy metal, this is ideal for you. With Rock music, it just didn’t work for me .Basically, it’s a bass friendly IEM but with the right balance of treble, it sounds great.

Verdict:
Throw out your stock earphones and get these. The difference is night & day compared to earphones. Mind you , these things can feel funny and irritating to a lot of people. My friend doesn’t like the whole in ear thing so he doesn’t use them now. But if you are comfortable with it in your ears, this is one buy you will not regret…

Rating:

7 / 10 Because

1) It didn’t have the extra oomph that I like in music
2) I still prefer my Sennheiser MX51 earbuds because they are much more fun and enjoyable.

But for the Price of Rs 1000 in the market, it’s a winner any day :hap2:

PS : Don’t buy this from EBay as most probably it will be fake. Try to find a genuine dealer in your city or contact Creative in your city.

Back