Credit card discussions

The most pathetic exp. I ever had after hsbc is kotak.
A$$h0** dispatches the card with everything disabled. When one receives the card and if the person is in some hurry he will only care about setting the obvious pin and wont will think rest everything is fine as in no activation of services etc. (except international transactions).
But they handover you a card as if its a stolen one with everything disabled.

Last edited:
Axis ace is better than axis fk for general spends. I have both, use fk one for use only on fk. Other than that, infinia for any high value stuff as well as when their smartbuy specials are on, and citi premier miles before corona when i used to travel :D
I picked up Axis Ace recently specifically to use it during the Flipkart sale. Although the FK card is better in terms of effectively getting 5% back in addition to the discount, Ace works well in terms of getting 2% on any transaction, 4% on Swiggy and 5% on Google Pay bill payments which makes it worthwhile. Don't want to maintain two Axis cards, otherwise might have opted for both.

Prior to this used my IndusInd Legend card to get 2% back on any transaction during weekends. The debit card though is more useful for 20% off on Swiggy and Bigbasket.

Also opted for the IDFC First Select card earlier this year as it is lifetime free and offers 1.5% cashback on any transaction and 2.5% on spends over 20k.
Not too worried about fuel as it is reimbursed by the company (up to a limit).
Any other card with good reward options except Axis Ace ?
Which SBI card is a good VFM ?
SBI cards are generally not that rewarding but useful for sales. I had gotten the Metro card more than a couple of years back as it allowed me to travel on Mumbai metro without needing a token or travel card. Has charges of 499 + GST which gets waived on annual spends over 30k.

cashback is credited to your account or you have manually redeem reward points ?
The IDFC card has redemption points so not that great compared to ACE but then usually don't mind piling up on LTF cards as long as the credit history isn't adversely impacted.

The most pathetic exp. I ever had after hsbc is kotak.
A$$h0** dispatches the card with everything disabled. When one receives the card and if the person is in some hurry he will only care about setting the obvious pin and wont will think rest everything is fine as in no activation of services etc. (except international transactions).
But they handover you a card as if its a stolen one with everything disabled.
This is as per rbi guide line's...you should read news.

do indian credit cards offer protection where if lets say i order something online but i dont receive it or receive a damaged item they refund ? most american cards have this

do indian credit cards offer protection where if lets say i order something online but i dont receive it or receive a damaged item they refund ? most american cards have this

Yes. It's called a card chargeback and the procedure should be on the website of the bank/ FI that issued the card to you. You usually need to send the details and proof of non-receipt to them. They generally issue the refund to your card immediately, then they have a certain period of time (usually 90 days) to investigate the case and contact the other party for their side of the story.

(PS. The chargeback is not linked to whether the card is 'American' or 'Indian', instead Visa/ Mastercard/ AmEx have procedures which your issuing bank follows. Not sure how RuPay handles this, I don't have their card.)

Yes. It's called a card chargeback and the procedure should be on the website of the bank/ FI that issued the card to you. You usually need to send the details and proof of non-receipt to them. They generally issue the refund to your card immediately, then they have a certain period of time (usually 90 days) to investigate the case and contact the other party for their side of the story.

(PS. The chargeback is not linked to whether the card is 'American' or 'Indian', instead Visa/ Mastercard/ AmEx have procedures which your issuing bank follows. Not sure how RuPay handles this, I don't have their card.)
thanks.

Axis flopkart cc.. .Joke! See cb for yourself..

1650902164917.png

what card is the best where normal grocery,bill payment etc spends can be converted to points that can be used to purchase airline tickets ? Lot of such cards available in the US and EU cant seem to find such rewarding cards in india.

what card is the best where normal grocery,bill payment etc spends can be converted to points that can be used to purchase airline tickets ? Lot of such cards available in the US and EU cant seem to find such rewarding cards in india.
Check Axis Bank Ace
5% cashback on bill payments & recharges on Google Pay
4% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato & Ola
2% cashback on other spends

Check with the bank if rewards points can be used for miles?

Check Axis Bank Ace

Been using it for a year now. Cashback is credited for each and every transaction at minimum of 2%.

However, card payments on Google Pay are limited to Android and in my case, I couldn't even make an insurance premium payment because Google Pay kept generating an error message that UPI limit of the bank was being exceeded.

How on earth can you enable card payments and then apply UPI limits? The GPay team is a joke and I think they still haven't resolved the issue as I eventually made the payment with 2% cashback on the insurer's website, having waited a month for Google to resolve the issue.
Axis flopkart cc.. .Joke! See cb for yourself..

View attachment 132525
The Ace card offers a higher CB everywhere else apart from Flipkart, so can't really complain about the Flipkart card, especially if you received it LT free. In my case, I applied for the LT free Flipkart card after receiving the Ace card and Axis hasn't even responded to the application for 6 months, so they are definitely not very competent in terms of onboarding users.

Check Axis Bank Ace

no reward points for this sadly. hdfc infinia card has lot of reward points but too high joining fee sadly. citi bank intermiles one seems better again a huge joining fee.https://www.cardexpert.in/hdfc-regalia-credit-card-review/ seems nice, good reward points 4 per 150 rps spent + free priority pass access.

Even if you make payment in GPay, its only 2% cashback for insurance payment.
The insurers are listed under Bill Pay on GPay, so it should be 5% but I haven't been able to try it out due to the amount involved exceeding the UPI limit set for Axis on GPay.

The insurers are listed under Bill Pay on GPay, so it should be 5% but I haven't been able to try it out due to the amount involved exceeding the UPI limit set for Axis on GPay.
Yes, it is listed, but 5% cashback in ACE is only for utility bill payments like electricity, gas, phone.. not for insurance payment.

Yes, it is listed, but 5% cashback in ACE is only for utility bill payments like electricity, gas, phone.. not for insurance payment.
It mentions "and others", so that is where it is unclear. One would assume that the insurers listed as billers will fall under the general 'bill payments' category, but it is too bad that I couldn't test it out.

Back