Credit card discussions

no reward points for this sadly. hdfc infinia card has lot of reward points but too high joining fee sadly. citi bank intermiles one seems better again a huge joining fee.https://www.cardexpert.in/hdfc-regalia-credit-card-review/ seems nice, good reward points 4 per 150 rps spent + free priority pass access.
Oh yes. HDFC Infinia card is very good though there is a high annual fee. The problem though is shitty HDFC customer care and mobile applications.

Oh yes. HDFC Infinia card is very good though there is a high annual fee. The problem though is shitty HDFC customer care and mobile applications.
Their customer service is like that of a PSU. They didn't even credit the cashback for one of the offers (did so twice) and I had to raise a complaint with RBI to get them to respond within 24 hours, after dillydallying for 4.5 months.

Really hate all the deferred cashback offers from HDFC and wish they would start offering upfront discounts instead.

I have a preapproved offer on Flipkart axis credit card but they don't show how much limit. So I want to know what is the minimum limit to this card.

I am getting increased limit of 15 lac on my HDFC regalia CC, i do not require 15 lac but is it any any harm in upgrading to 15 lac?

trying to move this conversation to more meaningful thread,.. with cross-quoting hope this works :)

One more important thing...NEVER pay "Minimum Amount Due". Always pay "Full Amount". If you pay minimum amount, then interest starts building on remainder of the amount and credit card interest rates are very high.
damn man.. your words are golden to me right now.
Was not using card for almost 5+ yrs now, i have forgotten the rules of using CC.
But recently used my card ( earlier it was some paise -ve due on me for all over years.) .... bill generated in 10-12 days, due to some reason i paid just the minimum due roughly 9k. on due date - 2nd may.
after 2 days i got the funds in account and though to pay it of in full asap, when i check the statement to my surprise they charged almost 8.3k as interest.

I heard it was 50 days interest free, but here entire transaction was not even 25 days. I feel ICICI just slapped me and scammed me for 8.3k .

yea I forgot to mention this. always pay the amount within 50 days period.
50 days is lie. we either pay full in due date or pay interest.

50 days is lie. we either pay full in due date or pay interest.
Its normally 18 - 48 days for ICICI. It is not 48 days for all purchases. The grace period you get depends on the day of your actual spend and when your bill is generated.
The full amount needs to be paid on the due date to avoid any interest. If MAD is paid, only late fees will not be charged but interest will still be applicable.

My Billing date is 18th of the month and payment date is 5th of the subsequent month. So if I purchased something on say 17th April, I would have to pay that off on 5th May - only 18 days. However if I buy something on 18th April, it will reflect on the 18th May bill and I will have to pay that off on 5th June - 48 days.

Hope this explains.

Guys a very important question that I wanna know-

If I apply for a credit card on a card to card basis, then what are the chances of approval or rejection if my existing credit card is 1 year old and has a good credit limit i.e 50k and dues are also cleared. Will my card still get rejected? I’m talking about the Flipkart Axis Bank card or any SBI credit card that allows card to card approval

Guys a very important question that I wanna know-

If I apply for a credit card on a card to card basis, then what are the chances of approval or rejection if my existing credit card is 1 year old and has a good credit limit i.e 50k and dues are also cleared. Will my card still get rejected? I’m talking about the Flipkart Axis Bank card or any SBI credit card that allows card to card approval
I was rejected by icici and sbi on the card to card basis despite of having 4 year old card and above the 1 lakh limit and a constant cibil abt 760 to 770..For Flipkart Axis chances may look good if u are also using flipkart pay later account with some transaction with good payment record.

I was rejected by icici and sbi on the card to card basis despite of having 4 year old card and above the 1 lakh limit and a constant cibil abt 760 to 770..For Flipkart Axis chances may look good if u are also using flipkart pay later account with some transaction with good payment record.
I am already using Flipkart Pay Later with 60k credit limit. Thanks for the info

What happens to credit card payment if old phone got rejected during inspection And I don't want to pay the the exchanged amount?

i got rejected for flipkart axis since i have no cibil records.Same with HDFC millenia. Got a card from SBI though since i have a bank acc with them.

I am thinking about dumping my Diners Club Black because of frequent devaluations and pretty poor offline acceptability. Any suggestions on what would be a premium card to scope for?

I am thinking about dumping my Diners Club Black because of frequent devaluations and pretty poor offline acceptability. Any suggestions on what would be a premium card to scope for?

There are a few players in this space. HDFC has infinia. Talk to your RM to issue one. Other being Axis Magnum.

Infinia is the main one above Diners. Contact your RM.
What do you mean by devaluation?

Infinia is the main one above Diners. Contact your RM.
What do you mean by devaluation?
Bonus reward points multipliers in smartbuy are decreasing day by day. Amazon removed from smartbuy etc etc. Yeah, I think infinia is the better choice now but I wanted to get a credit card from another bank as well.

Have basically never used a CC (at least in the past decade) and finally looking to get one. My only requirement is for the card to work on international websites (mainly ebay.com, amazon.com) where I order occassionally. My SBI "global" debit cards had worked fine for this purpose till a few weeks ago, but no longer do.

Please suggest something that is not a big hassle to obtain and does not cost too much to keep. And something that doesn't force me to use their phone app. Don't much care for rewards/points/discounts.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but would I need to open an account in that bank first, to get their credit card?

Back