Credit card recommendations?

thats 3.5k on one lakh of spending and you'll almost spend atleast double if its a trip to Europe or something, a 0% forex card is worth it imo
I think you misunderstood, 1lakh I mentioned is the total budget for the trip including flight ticket, hotel costs etc. If one is spending extra lakhs on the trip for buying or other stuff then it could be worth it provided it's a card that works.

I think you misunderstood, 1lakh I mentioned is the total budget for the trip including flight ticket, hotel costs etc. If one is spending extra lakhs on the trip for buying or other stuff then it could be worth it provided it's a card that works.
maybe its my cheap ass, but I'm happy if I save even 500Rs :D, but yeah it depends from person to person

It's best to use our own Bank cards. The foreign trips easily cost above 1 lakh, it's worth spending extra 3.5% and be at peace.
I ended up doing the same. I have an SBI Elite card which charges 1.9% forex fee, and since my wife was the traveller, I got a free add-on card. The entire trip went smoothly with complete peace of mind, and she was able to use it without a single issue.

I ended up doing the same. I have an SBI Elite card which charges 1.9% forex fee, and since my wife was the traveller, I got a free add-on card. The entire trip went smoothly with complete peace of mind, and she was able to use it without a single issue.
That's a good card, I thought every bank card charges 3.5%.

maybe its my cheap ass, but I'm happy if I save even 500Rs :D, but yeah it depends from person to person
Agreed, if a free forex card is reliable then it's a good add on

Back