Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

Someone said this to him and he typed it over here :D , the changes came in because the last time they had beaten india most of the excluded players had played well and the ones in the prev lineup had not , ajantha mendis was made to sit because in all the previos matches against India after the asian cup where he ripped thru indian lineup he bowled stupidly and gave lot of runs almost prev 9 matches , when india made 186 runs they had already forseen it that india were taking a stronghold so the body language , if you ever play any sports you will notice this thing wil happen to you also if you are getting whacked or losing badly for a continuos period of time .

People go lengths to say WWE is not fixed when its openly known its fully rigged whereas in Cricket without any evidence still people want to prove matches are rigged , have a life and enjoy what you see rather then say match was fixed etc

I just received this SMS... "Sri lanka ki aukad hi kya hai India Ko harane ki... Bhol Gaye ki agar India ka map kharedo to srilanka ka free molts hai...

You guys have no idea how badly I'm missing India. Reading everywhere how its "one India" and cops, rich and poor dancing together in the middle of the night. I experienced some of that in 2007, me and my friends just walked into a random corner in the middle of nowhere and I felt totally connected with people I didn't even know and we were all dancing like mad! Oh well, 2015, here we come :D

We won wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hell yeah .

I am so drunk right now , hate to all haters we ............................ frakin wooooooooooooooooooooooon

Party with friends .............. bye all

:D

In all the hype and the questions about the 2 missing people, i have completely forgotten that between Poonam and DC,
who was hating India and who is supposed to strip.

dennis_nail said:
Rallies on roads in all parts of India. Just came back after participating in one in Hyderabad. Great feeling :)
Yeah, did the same here, completely mental. Was like being in this massive night club that was many streets long. Horns blaring, drums beating, fireworks everywhere. Don't think i've ever seen it this intense before. There are no divisions, everybody is same. Screaming their heads off, hi fiving total strangers, dancing in the streets, flags everywhere, confetti on the streets, streets are gonna be a real mess tomorrow :D

Travelling by car is much slower than walking, so lots of bikes moving on pavements, cops turning a blind eye to half naked ppl on top of moving cars, hell the intersections are half full with ppl again hi fiving drivers and passengers.

What an atmosphere :clap:

DarkAngel said:
It was forced changes due to Mathews injury and it was Kula and Perara who clubbed 63 off the last 5 overs along with Jayawardene.

There was dew in the ground and Dhoni was starting to lash Murali through cover and mid off consistently. You watched the game or not?

Mendis had success against India initially. But in the last one year most Indian batsmen have picked him and his performance has tailed off. So it was strategic move to replace him with Randiv who loves bounce(This pitch had plenty. He is the one who has done well recently against India) Perara also had won a game against India with a cameo last year.

You mean bringing kulasekra in place of murli was the wisest decision even wicket taking dilshan wasnt given his full quota.

Mendis have an average of 25 against india in total 16 matches he played.Is that a bad figure to drop ?

Also you cant win matches on performance based of last year .If your team is wining the only change i feel it demands is for injured and burn out player.And also it was horrible on part of Sri lanka to send vaas as replacement who havent played on ODI from more than last 1 year and is busy practicing as an opener for a county team in batting.

Anyways as said no point talking.It doesn't look a pure fix but looks like everything was put in place if something goes wrong no one can pull it back.

Zak 3 maidens at start and great cover up in last 5 power play over really covers it well.

And btw from when has wankhade been a bouncy picth?Gambir got out because of low bounce also did we see any bouncers?

Now coming back to DC he might have gone in hiding somewhere around pak and SL. as the crowd over here wont let him stay free.

And btw why you ppl want to create another Rakhi sawant with Poonam pandey ,she is just a wannabie and will surely been seen in bolly mahesh bhaat movies soon with this act .

stop blaming poor DC. somebody mentioned that it has been the case with him where the team he supports does not wins. So all he tried to do is use his luck/(bad luck kharab hai). This requires a lot of sacrifice.

People talking about mendis, go and see his previous 5 innings against India and also see randiv innings!

If u talk abt body language, its srilanka not australia:p

Sent from my Desire HD

MAGNeT said:
You mean bringing kulasekra in place of murli was the wisest decision even wicket taking dilshan wasnt given his full quota.

Mendis have an average of 25 against india in total 16 matches he played.Is that a bad figure to drop ?

Also you cant win matches on performance based of last year .If your team is wining the only change i feel it demands is for injured and burn out player.And also it was horrible on part of Sri lanka to send vaas as replacement who havent played on ODI from more than last 1 year and is busy practicing as an opener for a county team in batting.

Anyways as said no point talking.It doesn't look a pure fix but looks like everything was put in place if something goes wrong no one can pull it back.

Zak 3 maidens at start and great cover up in last 5 power play over really covers it well.
And btw from when has wankhade been a bouncy picth?Gambir got out because of low bounce also did we see any bouncers?

Now coming back to DC he might have gone in hiding somewhere around pak and SL. as the crowd over here wont let him stay free.

And btw why you ppl want to create another Rakhi sawant with Poonam pandey ,she is just a wannabie and will surely been seen in bolly mahesh bhaat movies soon with this act .
After 35 overs spinners were stuguggling to grip the ball and there was no trun at all. Never heard of dew in outfield that negates spinners and doenst help them gripping? Dhoni was easily picking Murali (He is his captain,WK in CSK and even in interview he has mentioned he is at ease picking the doosra)

Oh then look at Mendis's super record in the last 10 matches (2yrs) against India. Now you get the cricketing logic. In his first year Indians were unable to pick him and he ran through them in a final and had an avg. of 8.6. Thats what is still kepping his overall avg, to 25.

Indians have feasted on him in the last two years.

Did you watch Gambhir's almost ugly sweep of Randiv. He got that extra bounce from the Surface. Randiv is a very tall spinner with tall action and got a five for against India in the last test innings between the two teams (He took all the five wickets to fall)

It was all pure cricketing decisions. If you dont follow enough cricket then that doesnt mean there is no cricketing logic in the decisions taken.

Wow. Amazing Mendis has taken 9 wickets in 10 matches against India at an Economy of 5.7+ and avg. of 59.2 in the last 2 years. They should have playing him yesterday so that we could have won 2-3 overs earlier:bleh:

Year Matches Wickets Best Avg Econ
2008 6 19 6/13 8.68 3.20
2009 8 8 2/24 51.87 5.65
2010 2 1 1/64 118.0 5.90

Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

MAGNeT said:
Hmm i must admit i proved wrong here..I didnt checked his last 10 matches figure.Better i too sink in the party before it gets over rather than cribbing..Admit my mistake as it have become hobby here to be jealous of other success..lolz

Btw all PP fans you can find your leg piece here

Poonam Pandey | Facebook
Happy that i made at least one naay sayer belive it. Enjoy the proud occasion as a Indian cricket fan. Its a once in a generation achivement :D Hope India gets more WC's in the future :D

P.S: Thats why you should have watched the countless India vs SL games in the last couple of years to know which player plays better against us ;)

DarkAngel said:
After 35 overs spinners were stuguggling to grip the ball and there was no trun at all. Never heard of dew in outfield that negates spinners and doenst help them gripping? Dhoni was easily picking Murali (He is his captain,WK in CSK and even in interview he has mentioned he is at ease picking the doosra)

Oh then look at Mendis's super record in the last 10 matches (2yrs) against India. Now you get the cricketing logic. In his first year Indians were unable to pick him and he ran through them in a final and had an avg. of 8.6. Thats what is still kepping his overall avg, to 25.

Indians have feasted on him in the last two years.

Did you watch Gambhir's almost ugly sweep of Randiv. He got that extra bounce from the Surface. Randiv is a very tall spinner with tall action and got a five for against India in the last test innings between the two teams (He took all the five wickets to fall)

It was all pure cricketing decisions. If you dont follow enough cricket then that doesnt mean there is no cricketing logic in the decisions taken.

Wow. Amazing Mendis has taken 9 wickets in 10 matches against India at an Economy of 5.7+ and avg. of 59.2 in the last 2 years. They should have playing him yesterday so that we could have won 2-3 overs earlier:bleh:

Year Matches Wickets Best Avg Econ

2008 6 19 6/13 8.68 3.20

2009 8 8 2/24 51.87 5.65

2010 2 1 1/64 118.0 5.90

Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
DA, great to see a fan of the game of cricket rather than just a fan of Indian cricket.

Oh hello :p
Friend forced me to watch the match at his place (despite me telling him I'd rather watch West Ham vs Man Utd and other EPL Fixtures).
Bugger literally dragged me to his house (and asked me to get snacks and stuff :|). So here I was sat in his home watching cricket, haggling
with him in every break to let me watch the EPL Matches on ESPN. I watched the Match from Sri Lanka's 22nd Innings and was loling at every boundary.
The last powerplay from Lanka was awesome and I kept telling my friend to let me watch the football match as India was gonna lose anyways. But the
bugger made me run for another round of snacks during the innings break as he wanted to watch the analysis of Lankan Innings :yawn: :|. As soon as
i got back She-wag was out and I was like lol here we go again, and then when Luminous inverter man got out in 7th over I was like LOL Man let me watch
the fkin West Ham vs Man U match then he was like OK and I watched the footy match for 30 mins before the bugger returned to snatch the remote and
made me watch the whole fkin match till the end. Bugger was eating pan and shouting with this mouth closed at each boundary that India hit. After 3rd wicket, I again got the remote to watch West Brom vs Liverpool match but only for 10 more minutes. And then it was cricket thingy till the end of the match.
Have to say, Dhoni led from the front. If only India had a leader like Dhoni at the helm we would have been in a far better position.

Bugger then dragged me for a ride in his Nano and wanted me to hang from the window of his car like others were doing. I reminded him that it was a fking Nano and that the car would topple over if I tried that maneuver and he agreed. We went straight to the epicentre of celebrations in Hyderabad, TankBund and got duly blocked out in Traffic with people forcing us to get out and dance. The policemen were drunk and were dancing themselves.

We somehow managed to get back at 2:30AM and I just came home now.
Alright, you guys have seen the last of me in all cricket related threads on TE till 2015 :p.

Back