Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

Oh Lord.....This ones a shocker..No worries though...teams like Bangla and Wi shud be worried not England..Saffies will bear the brunt...

Swann was the best bowler for England followed by Collingwood. The pacers suffered!!!! Bring on the spinners i say and produce a turner. Dont water that pitch i say :D

With our batting its better to chase totals. We can easily chase 350-380 any day in these sub-continental pitches.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cricfan said:
Oh Lord.....This ones a shocker..No worries though...teams like Bangla and Wi shud be worried not England..Saffies will bear the brunt...
Yeah bangla will beat the English black and blue with their battery of spinners and Tamim , Kayes, Shakib will chase it down with ease :p

With such bowling Pollard should score a 200 off 80 balls against the mighty Anderson, Broad and Bresnan :bleh:

Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't be a pushover for us next Sunday! If Kevin O'Brian plays the way he did today then we are doomed! Even if Ireland and Netherlands don't make it to the quarter finals they have won my respect and the admiration of a whole lot of people! ICC should reconsider their decision about the associate teams!

What impressed me was the coolness of Kusack and Mooney. They got the 4s when the pressure was building in a big chase. They played perfect foil for Kevin O Brian. Take a bow guys. If Irish doesnt play next WC then its a shame. They won even after England stole away their star player Morgan. Imagine ireland with Morgan in the team!!!

Cant say abt WI...But BD very poor against pacers.I have no doubts abt it.I really hope either BD/WI will be the 4th team from our group to QF..for the sake of WC....Last IRL victory against a test playing nation wasnt the best day for cricket....Hope Andy Flower stays safe...

cricfan said:
Cant say abt WI...But BD very poor against pacers.I have no doubts abt it.I really hope either BD/WI will be the 4th team from our group to QF..for the sake of WC.
Yeah SA, Ind, WI/Ireland/BD will qualify for the quaters :p

I think the English players were tired. They shouldn't play international tests/odi matches atleast a month before the world cup.

sunny27 said:
I think the English players were tired. They shouldn't play international tests/odi matches atleast a month before the world cup.
Greedy i say!! They were in Australia for about say 100 days and played till a week before the WC. 3 days at home before the WC after a 100 day tour. Shame.

Even our Greedy BCCI allowed a 25-30 days period for players to rest and thus guys like Sachin, Sehwag, Zak, Gambhir all recoverd from minor injuries and niggles.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The Batting PP once worked well for the batting team. They took it in the 31st over and scored 60 off 5 overs !!! The need only 99 off 84 after that.

Kevin O Brian raced from 51 off 31 to 89 from the 44 in the PP IINM.

Buggers when i was going beserk updating this thread during the chase and only i was in the thread. Now it has 13 viewers.

Catch some highlights i say. Super power hitting at will and super cool support act :)

One thing which surprises me is the way people correlate things.

Netherlands scores 292 against England = England bowling not so bad
Bangladesh scores 287 against India = India's bowling suck?
Points forgotten easily - BD is an Asian team and accustomed to conditions

Kevin O Brien scores 113 against England on flat track with 1 spinner (who had the best figures) = He will score heavily against India too with plentiful spinners in team?

Gimme a break.

The only thing wrong with Sunday's match was - PC forgot to read the memo which said : This pitch doesn't spin. If you are hit for a six in the penultimate over try to mix things..like an arm ball.

I followed the match on cricinfo.com and then when i saw ireland's innings runrate @ over 6 per over, I decided to watch the match and what a match it was!!!!! Easily one of the greatest cricket matches I've seen.

lol I can guarantee by next year K O'Brien will be playing for England.

England has a nasty, nasty habit of importing Irish in turn killing cricket there. Just imagine if England didn't do that, Irish side today would've been more stronger with Morgan on their side. They would easily be stronger than Bangladesh.

sharktale1212 said:
One thing which surprises me is the way people correlate things.

Netherlands scores 292 against England = England bowling not so bad
Bangladesh scores 287 against India = India's bowling suck?
Points forgotten easily - BD is an Asian team and accustomed to conditions

Kevin O Brien scores 113 against England on flat track with 1 spinner (who had the best figures) = He will score heavily against India too with plentiful spinners in team?

Gimme a break.

The only thing wrong with Sunday's match was - PC forgot to read the memo which said : This pitch doesn't spin. If you are hit for a six in the penultimate over try to mix things..like an arm ball.
Umm England chased down [in fact, they snatched defeat from jaws of victory] 330 odd against India [with pleniful spinners!]. IMO, on these flat tracks, the potency of spinners is neutralized to a great extent. So Yardy is as good as Harbhajan. So any team can spring a surprise.

We don't have as good an attack as Pakistan. So we can't be cocky about any total which is put up. Even Pakistan cannot be sure of defending 330.

Kudos to Ireland! If memory serves me right, this is probably the 1st time that an associate/minnow team has won by putting huge runs on the board. In all of the other upsets, the pitch has generally been dicey & the stronger teams have lost because of batting collapses. This victory shows that these teams are moving in the right direction, unlike sadly, the WI.

Highest successful run chase in world cup.........Fastest World Cup Century...............KO Brien also hit the longest six of this world cup........ what more does one want from a match........... It was a gem of a match to see.......

Wow What a match was that.....Excellent batting from Ireland....They were cool till the end

Everyone is talking about batting and bowling but close matches are lost due to bad fielding....Even India lost primarily because of bad fielding in addition to bad bowling

Back