Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

Amazing batting by Netherlands! 292!! England were super lousy in the field with extreme n00bishness with field placement--players running in and out of the circle.

The Dutch need to do a lot better if they are planning to put some pressure on England. They've got a good total to defend. It's up to the bowling now.

What a spectacular performance by Netherlands today. Though they lost they kept England on their toes seems India has to watch out for them in next match.

Roxtin said:
What a spectacular performance by Netherlands today. Though they lost they kept England on their toes seems India has to watch out for them in next match.
Yeah them, Ireland and Bangladesh are all good minnows compared to the 3 in the other group.

Saw this article on Ireland by Sid Monga. You all should read it too.

Four years ago, a farmer, a painter, an electrician, a postman, a textiles salesman, and a couple of teachers joined their mates and set off to train for the World Cup of cricket. Two months later, they lived the best six weeks of their lives, tying a game with Zimbabwe and beating Pakistan and Bangladesh in a manner so delightful the world celebrated with them. The Irish cricketers were an instant hit with everyone: they were not only underdogs doing well, they were amateur underdogs doing well, they were journeymen underdogs doing well.

Complete article: Bangladesh v Ireland: Ireland plot the next World Cup fairytale | Cricket Features | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Pak tried to lose with their bad fielding. Missing numerous catches and the imperious glove work from kamran :p But still they prevailed due to the bowling of Afridi and Akthar.

Eng/SA/PAK/AUS for the Semis.....ENG Vs AUS in the Finals....With ENG winning it....Trott for MoS..Obviously KP will be the MoM....Have no Doubts..

Expecting a positive review on caught-behind without Hotspot is like expecting classy, intelligent conversation on a date with Rakhi Sawant. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I like Sidhu's turban. It doesn't speak. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sachin: Screw everybody else. I'm winning this world cup for myself on my own. Can't depend on anyone. Especially that Munaf Patel chap. :p

Sachin Ramesha Tendulkaraya Namaha *repeat* *respect*

cricfan said:
Eng/SA/PAK/AUS for the Semis.....ENG Vs AUS in the Finals....With ENG winning it....Trott for MoS..Obviously KP will be the MoM....Have no Doubts..
Wanna revisit your thoughts..?? :)

cricfan said:
Yeah why not.

It is funny though..when Bangladesh makes 280+ against India...India has a weak bowling attack..they wont make to semis/finals with this attack.

When Netherland makes 292 against England..England still has a good bowling attack with dreams of a WC win.

In comparison, Bangladesh are accustomed to sub-continent slow pitches and is a full term ICC member.

Now who has the worst attack? Talk about hypocritical.

To top it off, today's match was supposed between spinners. Swann is a good bowler, no doubt but not so good as to challenge Indian batsmen. So Pommies should stop with their best spinner in world story.

Absolutely amazing!!! thought england would win then loose!Damn i was wrong both times.Although this match kinda proves what was known all along:--- india's bowling is too weak and can't even defend 338.It might be a better option for india to bat second if it wins toss.Or maybe it's time to bring back designer pitches!

With this s*rewed up bowling.. 338 isnt a good score.
Seriously, take out lappa king Yousuf Pathan out and replace him with a seamer.

And why the heck was Sreesanth picked up when Ishant was in contention too ?? :mad:

SidhuScorpion said:
TIE, we got out of jail. We didn't deserve to win, our approach was dire, Short runs-Useless fielding-Awful bowling.

Respect, England.
100 % agreed. In my books England won today for their epic chase.

For today i support england, the 338 score against england wasn't good enough and these bowlers :mad:, can't they defend that much run?? Had it been Australia, india would definitely loose :(

Back