Monitors CRT vs LCD Comparison

CRT Viewsonic G-90FB - Max Resolution:2048X1536 - Rs.12,000 and if the price is 22k then the price drop is not much and requires another year....wht say???

In this comparison, i would like to ask how do you compare the resale value of CRT Vs LCD ...???

its the Samsung 940bw - widescreen. damn sexy! i maybe getting it too

Me too thinking of grabbing it !!!!

in india and specially goa and other small states...when buy a cmputer or monitor you dont think of selling it for a three to five years...so that queation is out of picture....

rrr......whats with all this "LCDs are good for the eyes" thing? You guys keep your CRTs on 60Hz or what???

i have my CRT at 85hz. but still my eyes become dry and itchy after like 2 hours of continuous use. but with my cousin's LCD, even 4-5 hours dont seem to bother my eye. i really can feel the difference.

checksum said:
i have my CRT at 85hz. but still my eyes become dry and itchy after like 2 hours of continuous use. but with my cousin's LCD, even 4-5 hours dont seem to bother my eye. i really can feel the difference.

really? Then mebbe my eyes are insensitive :p I read entire ebooks on my CRT. Never had any problems :p

they dont itch your eyes or make it dry ...its not that bad for your eyes....may be your monitor does not support the resolution and 85hz support.....try to reduce it and you wont have problems.....

vij said:
even if u keep CRTs at 80 Hz LCDs are much easier on the eyes and use 1/3 power...

1/3rd of power ? I dont think thats true . if its rated at 60W , it will be 60W all the time no matter what refresh rate , right?? Please let me know

19" LCD consimes abt 45W.

19" CRT abt 100W and 21" CRT 115W...

so atleast more than twice....

Now we all know 19" LCD has more viewable area...so thts another benefit...

Say u go for a 19" LCD and pay 8k higher than what u would pay for 19" CRT...

I guess More viewable area + much lesser power cons+ much lesser eye strain + ergonomics & style warrants 8k-10k higher premium you pay for an LCD...

oh boy ... the advantages of an lcd over a crt are numerous . . . except for the pricing *which should stabalise sooner than later* there is not much advantage left for a CRT. And once you have used an lcd there's no waaaay you r goin back to a CRT!! ...
Even the viewing angle (rather lack of it!) ...which is improving all the time can be used to an advantage - It aids privacy!! others cannot see what u r doin from acute angles *a definite plus* :)

The considerations for each display technology are summarized below:
Consideration - LCD : CRT
Visual performance - Faster than CRT : Slower than LCD
Image flicker - None: Prone to flicker
Image brightness - Bright & uniform : Variable & uneven
Image geometry - Uniform : Distorted
Image sharpness - High : Moderate to high
Screen viewing area - Full area & very space efficient : partial area & space inefficient
Screen size - Smaller screen for equivalent CRT viewing area :Larger screen for equivalent LCD viewing area
Specular screen glare - None : Prone to specular glare
Energy consumption- Low : High
Electromagnetic emissions - No :Yes
Heat emissions - Minimal : High
Space efficiency - High : Low
Flexible positioning - Highly : Moderate
Weight- Light: Heavy
Color range- Very Good Excellent :thumb:
Cost - Moderate Low

^ Nice summary, except one small flaw - Visual performance should be the other way round. CRTs are still faster than LCDs, else we wouldnt have Ghosting issues.

Most of the present LCDs have taken care of Ghosting, but these are largely based on the "gaming grade" overdriven TN LCD panels. The downside with TN panels is the lower color-depth.

S-IPS, P-MVA panels have better color depth, except that a) they arent easy to get a hold of ; b) not all have excellent response times

Do the Dell FP have the backlight issues as well?Coz I am returning this tomorrow or should I try to exchange this first?

Okay this goes back to circuitcity tomorrow,getting the Samsung 931BF,will cost about a $100 more but seems worth it.

I wanted to know if Samsung 940bw costs 17k in india (or is 17k its US equivalent price)? Aslo, how much does a dell 19" ultrasharp cost here? And any hints about viewsonic VX924 prices in India? Which is the best amongst these 3?

vx924 is not available in india...its succeeded by vx922 with even better resp times....i heard its 22k here...overpriced maybe...

I hv vx924...its perfect for gaming...POS for photo editing and color wrk...good for movies....too bright in SRGB mode for office wrk...u can reduce brightness but 6500K mode looks cool n strainless for prolonged office wrk on that

for 28k vx2025 is awesome...not seen but heard....much better color depth if u do graphics related wrk...slightly lower resp times but doesnt matter n excellent for movies n ofcourse its 20.1"...

Rave has it n will b able to tell u more...

Back