Crysis SP Demo Released

evox

Adept
Minimum system requirements

OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card -256 MB**

Hard Drive - 12GB

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

Recommended System Requirements -

OS - Windows XP / Vista

Processor - Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Memory - 2.0 GB RAM

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

SIZE: 1.8GB

Mirrors:

EA Direct Download

Torrent (Mininova)

- SCREENSHOTS@1440x900 16x AF 4x AF Very High Quality - DX10 -

Test System -

Q6600 2.4GHz x 4

4GB DDR2 667

8800GTX@600/1.35/1.9GHz

Vista Ultimate x64 (ForceWare 163.69 WHQL)

- Performance -

Frames: 75

Time (ms): 2227

Min: 27

Max: 39

Avg: 33.678

contrary to what Fraps reports, the game plays at 11fps most of the time and occasionally jumps to 15-20fps. but that's rare. this is on Vista x64. the XP Performance is a lot better but I am not going to Install a OS just for a game demo (perhaps some XP user could confirm this?) what's the point of making a game look so good that it kills all the current high end hardware?

- The Good -

Best graphics ever seen in a game.

everything is destructible

the enemy A.I is damn good

decently fun to play

- The Bad -

will rape your system.

evox said:

Mirrors:
EA Direct Download

Torrent (Mininova)

Test System -
Q6600 2.4GHz x 4
4GB DDR2 667
8800GTX@600/1.35/1.9GHz

- Performance -

contrary to what Fraps reports, the game plays at 11fps most of the time and occasionally jumps to 15-20fps. but that's rare. this is on Vista x64. the XP Performance is a lot better but I am not going to Install a OS just for a game demo (perhaps some XP user could confirm this?) what's the point of making a game look so good that it kills all the current high end hardware?

- The Good -
decently fun to play

- The Bad -
will rape your system.

y not make the game look so good that it rapes your current hardware. its better than have a brilliant looking game rape your hardware than a ordinary game with bad coding.

i am dloading the demo. will try it out in xp x64 & vista x64 as i have both installed & let you know.

evox said:

Mirrors:
EA Direct Download

Torrent (Mininova)

Test System -
Q6600 2.4GHz x 4
4GB DDR2 667
8800GTX@600/1.35/1.9GHz

- Performance -

- The Good -
decently fun to play

- The Bad -
will rape your system.
OMG.......If having 4gb ram and 8800gtx also doesnt help, then wtf will? I think this is where the 8800Ultra shines. I will be keeping my eyes on some performance reviews on Anandtech and other sites.

Some things I'd like to add:

- The opening intro FMV may look incredible but it's not in-game (it looks like it but it's faked. similar to KillZone2 trailer in E3 2005) it's completely pre-rendered

- the demo, when Installed, takes 2.05GB Space

- there are two demo versions present (Bin32,Bin64) however, running the 64-bit of the demo didn't gave me ANY performance boosts

- there are tons of low-resolution textures present (rocks, trucks etc) however, this is most likely due to size restrictions

- when you shoot corpses, they don't bleed...you don't see any bullet wounds either

- the game doesn't fully utilize multi-core processors it seems:

2rr6xza.jpg

@stormblast: don't quote the whole post man!;)

OMG.......If having 4gb ram and 8800gtx also doesnt help, then wtf will? I think this is where the 8800Ultra shines. I will be keeping my eyes on some performance reviews on Anandtech and other sites.

funny thing is, 8800Ultra struggles too! :p can't get playable frame rates in Crysis unless you use 8800GTS/GTX/Ultra SLI

Edit: forgot to mention, it's really smooth at Medium settings (no AF/AA, Post Processing OFF, Water/Shadows/Physics/Sound at LOW) even at medium, Crysis still looks much better than most games available on PC right now.

Some one plz install those beta Forceware 169 drivers and give every one good news. Evox, you also install the 169 beta drivers and let us know about the performance.

evox said:
- The Bad -
will rape your system.
come on u dont xpect d next next gen game to b played widout raping ur system :cool2:

n always u had d top line of graphic card brought to d knee after they have been in d market for abt a year.

dis year it has not been dat way bcoz most of the games dat are released r jus directly ported into d pc frm there console version.So every one wid a 8800gtx was able to play games @ 1900x1200 wid max in game settings until CRYSIS :eek:hyeah:

but nothing to worry abt the nxt series of card are jus 5-6 months frm launch n surely asusual d next series of midrange will be as fast as d 8800 series.
:hap2:

Here is the link for ForceWare version 169.01 beta drivers for 64bit Vista.
Please some one install this and tell us about it. I dont have vista or a good card to play crysis. These drivers are meant for the crysis demo.
ForceWare Release 169

evox said:
Edit: forgot to mention, it's really smooth at Medium settings (no AF/AA, Post Processing OFF, Water/Shadows/Physics/Sound at LOW) even at medium, Crysis still looks much better than most games available on PC right now.

that line of yours itself should justify the game raping any high end card when settings are set to maximum.

also i saw the intro. it looks very much ingame to me, infact i found ingame much better than the intro. only the suit cutscenes in the intro are cgi, rest all is seems pretty much ingame as it actually looks worse than ingame.

also i am sure nvidia & ati will release newer drivers which will give some performance boost.

apparently, this game only rapes your system when played in DX10 mode.

In DX9 mode, the performance is 2x better. with 169 drivers (which caused a bucketload of trouble and I just managed to get this game to run in DX9) the performance is around 35fps at High with no AA or AF. so people with 8600/7800 shouldn't give up hope. ofcourse your performance will also depend on other components of your system, but atleast this shows the game scales back decently. please post your respective benchmarks. nothing better than comparing a wide-variety of graphic cards :) there is a significant amount of difference in DX10 vs DX9 (will post some IQ later) but you can't hit two birds with one stone, right? ;)

evox said:
apparently, this game only rapes your system when played in DX10 mode.

In DX9 mode, the performance is 2x better. with 169 drivers (which caused a bucketload of trouble and I just managed to get this game to run in DX9) the performance is around 35fps at High with no AA or AF. so people with 8600/7800 shouldn't give up hope. ofcourse your performance will also depend on other components of your system, but atleast this shows the game scales back decently. please post your respective benchmarks. nothing better than comparing a wide-variety of graphic cards :) there is a significant amount of difference in DX10 vs DX9 (will post some IQ later) but you can't hit two birds with one stone, right? ;)

will go home n check in both.

My god, now i should postpone upgrading my PC AGAIN, Damn. look at that a 8800gtx,4 gig of memory gives 15fps, now thats a serious game. lets see how the 1TFlop monster does in this game.

The demo seems to run fine on my X200 at 1024*768 with medium settings i mean not silky smooth but playable, unfortunately i was not getting any audio and i couldnt find any answers to this issue. Can nyone help?

Back