Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. what are the other options we can have for jb chips ?

i believe there are other variations of the jail break chip as well ..?? It ll be good if we can have details on that as well.

@rampage

clear ur inbox

Spacescreamer said:
.. what are the other options we can have for jb chips ?

i believe there are other variations of the jail break chip as well ..?? It ll be good if we can have details on that as well.

@rampage

clear ur inbox
other options as in ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dark.lord.rules said:
Need one put me in line .. thanq
will do

@Jerin : cleared the inbox... try now.

Sumanth_Champio said:
I am also getting exactly same problem on win7 ultimate 32 bit PC can somebody help me with this
I think you cannot do that on a PC with a 32bit OS. I have x64 on my my system. That's how I got it to work.

Just had a short chat with a member... i think others might also benefit from it.

Just to dispel any fears you might have about the chip becoming redundant...

QUERY

I got a member here who did some RnD on the chips available in at palika.

Apparently there are 3 types of chips.

1. the basic one, which u been sourcing.

It doesnt support future hexes and software upgrades.

2. The other one is a metal cover one.

it is upgradable for future hexes and software upgrades for upcoming games, as well as present ones.

3. The third one provides a main power switch.

Its is upgradable. It provides 128mb of flash memory as well as a micro sd card reader for your PS3.

Any info on these ??

Answer

lol... my chip is fully upgradeable mate.. its the same as the Teensy++

i've been in the scene right since the beginning.. otherwise how am i pushing out the latest hex files ;)

We've even got the PSN support hex here...

Rest assured, this is the same. 3rd one with 128kb <<not mb>> of flash is not necessary now.

128kb of flash was required earlier for AsbestOS but now even that has been overcome. You can get get asbestOS running even with 16kb of flash

We're currently at 75% capacity of the chip. Plenty of room for future updates.

Take it whatever way you want but... if our chip becomes obsolete then so will 90% of the other mod chips out there. Rest assured , we're safe :)

Does this jailbreak also support PSN games like Flower ? Was downloading SVR 11 and f*ck got banned when download was 85% completed so getting a smaller in size game to test it.

Chip is taking ages to arrive

no psn games require you to authorize via psn. so unless you purchase it wont work. some games do work using debug packages . flow works... Give that a try

jerin i'm out ... accessing te via cellphone. will make that format when i get home

Alright ! Ordered my 320GB console fro 22K on ebay, with 6 months 0% EMI. (Its really hurting. I sold my 120GB console for 14K, not more than two months back :( )

Anyway, so should I get this JB dongle or get the ones on dealextreme ? Any negative about those (I don't mind the shipping time).

This is the one I am particularly looking at: DealExtreme: $13.90 PS3 Speed USB Modchip PS3 Break Dongle for PS3 - White (Driver 3.0)

I know it costs rather similar to Dhruv's dongle but I already have 10USD in my paypal account so want to make use of it. Also there are no chances of cost getting increased since there will be no customs on it.

BTW if we exclude the pricing angle, whats not so good in that dongle ? Its upgradeable, its cost effective.

Or shall I ask, whats better in Dhruv's dongle ?

Good luck getting ready made hex files for this one mate.... if you are comfortable compiling your own hex , waiting a month or more << dx can take upto 45 days to ship >> to arrive , then go for it.

Also , ppl... plz refrain from going totally off topic on the thread. I guess the thread is still an IC thread for the chips i'm providing :)

@dhruv.

can u make a tutorial mate. in a seperate thread.

Just about updating and all. people have been telling this for some time.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
And here is another bummer. The id from which I ordered my PS3 is blocked now. The transaction has been canceled. Screwed up again.
You could just buy one from any Croma/Reliance Digital outlet. Last I heard the 120GB retailed at the 19k mark. There is no point in investing in the 250/320GB console. You can always swap the stock internal drive with a higher capacity one for cheap.

And please stick to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back