Customer rants about bad service on facebook, Vodafone threats to sue!

Gaurish

ex-Mod
Oh yeah, you have read that right. Its not the customer that's suing service provider but a giant corporation issuing legal notice to customer. Why?

Because customer was repeatedly rapping & ranting about bad service of vodafone on facebook.

A triumph of consumerism, truly customer is the king:mad:

Mumbai resident gets legal notice for repeatedly rapping its service; warned to stop and remove all past comments, too.

It could be a wake-up call to consumers who vent dissatisfaction on Facebook and Twitter about their service providers. A Vodafone customer from this city who wrote against the operator's network here has got a legal notice from the company, asking him to take off the ‘defamatory' Facebook posts.

Vodafone alleged Dhaval Valia made defamotary statements, sent unwarrented SMSs to the top management and posted their numbers and contact details on Facebook. He also had a heated conversation with a female officer regarding their service.

Vodafone admitted sending a notice. “Yes, we have a situation with one of our customers, despite several efforts on our part. Owing to certain unusual and improper dealings and communications by the customer, especially with our women employees, we were forced to take legal advice in this matter. We do not wish to comment any further in this regard,” the company spokesperson said in an e-mailed response.

"Their legal notice even had screen shots of my Facebook posts," said Valia, who says he has been a frustrated 3G subscriber of the second largest telecom company in the country. He had been regularly updating troubles of his network quality on Facebook, and also promptly posted the legal notice on it.

Apart from other complaints, Vodafone's legal agency, India Law Alliance, said that in Dhaval’s friends, too, have joined him in making defamatory statements against the company.

“It is just a way to spoil the goodwill and reputation of our client," the notice says. The notice asked him to refrain from making any comments against the company and also remove the posts in 48 hours. Valia has raised concern on how Vodafone traced his updates and even photographed it. In a letter he sent in reply to the legal notice, he says Vodafone cannot legally access his private conversations.

"Hacking, tapping and tracking the customer’s Internet activity is a criminal offence and Vodafone, prima facie, seems to have done exactly that. What’s even more grave is that they have passed this information to a third party, their legal agency, without my prior consent or approval," his letter said.

Alok Shende, the co-founder of Ascentius Consulting says if a person enables a Facebook post in a way that only friends can read it, only then is it is private. "Otherwise, it is not tough to track Twitter and Facebook comments. They can be done using basic search tools," said Shende.

Vaibhav Parikh, a partner at Nishith Desai, says even if Facebook updates are meant for private contacts, they are considered to have been made in public in a defamation case. Adding, however: "If a person says anything in private it is not defamation. Also, if someone speaks the truth, it is also not defamation."

This case need not necessarily become a precedent for other companies or brands to shower legal notices against microbloggers, experts say. If the person does not take off the posts, the company will have to go ahead and get an injunction, asking him to take off the posts.

"If a court gives an injunction, it could become a precedent," said Parikh.

According to a report by research firm Ovum, as many as 44 per cent of Indian consumers use social media as a channel to complain about bad service or a faulty product, while 40 per cent use it as an attempt to receive service from a company.

Vodafone tries to silence Facebook critic

[EDIT]

I am going troll their facebook page(https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneessar) just for the very reason. I strongly oppose such acts from this blood sucking companies:mad:

EDIT2

Look like they have turned off posting on their wall, think they got sick with people trolling their page even more after they tried to sue...:lol: hope they understood that threating customers won't work:)

Vodafone and failtel should be kicked out of India.

@Gaurish if they disable wall so what, there is discussion which is still open lets spam there will join you,they cant sue a person in NZ atleast :p

There is only one saying "Consumer is the king" there is nothing like "Provider is the slave"! I have seen multiple times that some people go overboard while treating the customer care guys.. they act like as if the company won't survive if he is not using their service! ..thats simply not fair.

What was the need for him to post CEO's and other top management's mobile numbers on facebook?

For the first time, i support Vodafone... that guy deserves this headache :p

And btw, companies take defamation extremely seriously! Far more seriously than cheating case!

Crazy_Eddy said:
And he talks about his privacy being misused :p
As if Vodafone doesnt do it by sending you all cr@ppy messages ,lets the top guns also get the taste of their own medicine.

I have a vodafone prepaid no which is active for just incoming messages from family and friends from India.I registered for DND 2 years back and still i get stupid messages from vodafone and other marketing companies ( read i am not in India).

How did they get access to the wall. If he had put reserved rights on it.

Though if he was sending messages to company people and spamming their numbers on the net, then tit-for-tat.

And he talks about his privacy being misused

Being a CEO , is the fat lamer allowed to f@rt only at his subordinates and not listen to his customers ! Is that why he is getting paid 2.3 crores :D
I dont understand why they can use for spamming CEOs no on FB when they spam million messages a day ! Is being a CEO gets u so much immubity and privacy that you are above the common citizen in India.

Though if he was sending messages to company people and spamming their numbers on the net, then tit-for-tat.

The way Vodafone spends spam I dont see a reason why if I have access to CEO's no I shouldn't add him on the spam list as well.

I dont understand one thing...do these CEOs of Airtel, Vodafone, ICICI Bank have corporate and social responsibility in their dictionary even after earning crores every year ! All these shit head MBAs know is how to make money and start litigation to extarct more money :D...things were better when businesses were handled by non clicked money minded so called MBAs !

this asshole company needs to be shown power of indian customer.

guys lets do a mass no. porting to some one better or equivalent.

thse guys understand only money.

economic punishment is best punishment.

they are not greatest souls to ever bless indian customer.

they loot us right left and center.

as gaurish put correctly on their FB,

its customer's money which pays for their salary.

Supra said:
Being a CEO , is the fat lamer allowed to f@rt only at his subordinates and not listen to his customers ! Is that why he is getting paid 2.3 crores :D

I dont understand why they can use for spamming CEOs no on FB when they spam million messages a day ! Is being a CEO gets u so much immubity and privacy that you are above the common citizen in India.

The way Vodafone spends spam I dont see a reason why if I have access to CEO's no I shouldn't add him on the spam list as well.

I dont understand one thing...do these CEOs of Airtel, Vodafone, ICICI Bank have corporate and social responsibility in their dictionary even after earning crores every year ! All these shit head MBAs know is how to make money and start litigation to extarct more money :D...things were better when businesses were handled by non clicked money minded so called MBAs !

It is not that the CEO takes all the decisions. You know how companies work..! :) These are corpo-rate (sic..?) decisions. I doubt it was a CEO doing the revenge hammer when his number was compromised on FB wall. We really need to know what exactly the user put up on the wall.

Well if voda and other providers are so deaf and never solve customer's complain well only option customer have is to tell all around what the reality of that company and seconly why voda think facebook is just for their praise they should be ready to face criticism if they are giving awful services. I hope if they are suing anyone and in court judge will ask reason for such post or blogs and there will be long que of people saying and supporting its due to poor service.

I agree that vodafone screwed him over with the whole 3G thing. Still, he went about it the wrong way. Why harass the CEO by posting his personal info online? If you want to take a big company on, at least have the good sense not break any laws while you're at it. I know, he only posted it on his facebook page, but I'm pretty sure the courtroom will look at it as a public forum. He deserves some of the blow back hes getting from this.

Back