Camera D3100 arrives!

@VB86: yep, but it is cumbersome to manual focus every time. Besides all the AF-S lenses on an average are more expensive.

@Ash: I have heard a lot of issues with faulty AF on the Canon 50mm f1.8, however (touchwood) I have no issues, infact the AF does work in low light too albeit a lil slowly... The AF is fastest at the CF point.

Will be posting a mini review tonight.. Didn't get time to take it outdoors, thought of posting one after i get some a good outdoor shoot..

The initial impressions are too good.. Nothing to complain yet, except for the nasty firmware bug that will raise the ISO all the way 3200 if Auto ISO is used with flash on full auto mode.. Didn't concern me much as i rarely use the full auto mode.. In P,A,S,M modes there is option to restrict the highest possible ISO to a value we prefer.. BTW high ISO performance is very good..

so d3100 is my first dslr...............n more than happy with it.image qualitys awesome...........usability 10/10(really easy to handle).videos not that great but very decent for casual video making..............dont expect a dslr's video capability to match a dedicated handycams.n the live view is very nice feature for casual clicking thats needed from time to time.

jit_devil2 said:
so d3100 is my first dslr...............n more than happy with it.image qualitys awesome...........usability 10/10(really easy to handle).videos not that great but very decent for casual video making..............dont expect a dslr's video capability to match a dedicated handycams.n the live view is very nice feature for casual clicking thats needed from time to time.
Price?? Brought any accessories/lenses along with it?

For all those waiting for d7000, some good news: jjmehta is taking pre orders for the same so expect it to be available pretty soon and price.....rs83000!!

Back