Audio Dada giri of some retail stores(problem solved,vendor has corrected pricing)

sardar17

Disciple
Just saw headphonezone selling fiio x1 for rs 13000 translating to 213$ when its international price is just 110$,,,my brother ordered it from mp4 nation for 6600.

Even if u include 30-33% customs max should be 10000.

This is sheer cheating.

http://www.headphonezone.in/fiio/fiio---fujiyama-e06-headphone-amplifier

UPDATE:Vendor has corrected the pricing which was due to some mistake and the new price is inclusive of customs and vat and is fair imho.

So cheers people

Last edited:
There is a big question on this pricing and very relevant.
He is not legally doing anything wrong but technically looting the hell off from gullible consumers.

I don't see any foreign vendors,established shops doing this bullshit.

There is a big question on this pricing and very relevant.
He is not legally doing anything wrong but technically looting the hell off from gullible consumers.

I don't see any foreign vendors,established shops doing this bullshit.

I can see that the site you linked is an authorized dealer for Fiio, maybe you should write an e-mail to Fiio asking if this is officially how they are pricing their products or if this is the dealers doing.

Hi Sardar17
Firstly let me introduce myself as Raghav Somani, I'm the Founder @ Headphone Zone.
I must deeply apologise for the bitter experience you have had.

There was a mistake in the MRP of the FiiO X1 that was reflected on our website, where very genuinely, it was because of a simple working error in calculating the prices. The MRP of the FiiO X1 is Rs. 8999. It's been updated on our website. http://www.headphonezone.in/fiio/fiio-x1-portable-music-player
We actually discovered the mistake only after you posted this, and we tried to identify where the mistake happened, for which I am grateful to you. The minute I saw your post, I had the product disabled on our website. We've been in touch with the team from FiiO to inform them of the error as well.

We were informed of the X1 launch by FiiO a few weeks ago, and we've been sent a trial lot of a few pieces of X1 last week. We are expecting the very first lot of X1 in the course of this week to land in India. We haven't sold a single piece of FiiO X1 at the erroneous rate that was posted earlier on our site.

I must be very honest in admitting that the prices of our Headphones, and FiiO players are higher than the actual US $ conversion on the current exchange rate when compared to advertised prices in the US. I can understand that even at the correct MRP of Rs. 8999, it may seem considerably higher than the Operating US$ rate overseas. Unfortunately, it's because of a combination of factors such as Import Duties, Local VAT and Taxation and the fact that India is a small market for high end Audio brands, which means that freight, as a % of the product value also is a little higher. It's been a frustrating problem with many brands that we deal with and sell in India.

But I would really like to assure you, that our intention is not to cheat anyone. Serving our customers, fellow Indian Citizens, and bringing them these amazing products from around the world for them is a privilege that keeps us coming back to work everyday. I would be extremely ashamed of myself, and my company, if we have given you the impression that we are cheating gullible customers. It's most unfortunate that this mistake has done that. We are really very sorry for it. I will, and so will the rest of my team work harder going forward to make sure we do what it takes to make it up to you.

Yours sincerely,
Raghav Somani
Headphone Zone

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.56.15 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 3.56.15 pm.png
    365.7 KB · Views: 196
well there are lot of issues, customs, transportation, investment and staff costs. A lot of it depends on the demand and the item landed cost.

Thank you for ur prompt response and with customs added 9000 is a reasonable rate indeed.

I hope i was not overtly harsh:)[DOUBLEPOST=1415011222][/DOUBLEPOST]
well there are lot of issues, customs, transportation, investment and staff costs. A lot of it depends on the demand and the item landed cost.

As u can see the above post,,they have admitted it was a mistake and now the revised price is 9000

Thanks Mr Raghav for the corrected prices (got a mail from your customer service executive on the same this evening). I will be placing an order pretty soon :)

Back