Audio DAP Confusion:HM-601 Vs S:Flo2 Vs x7(?)

^ No Mumbai parcel - weather EMS or Airmail is cleared by Delhi Customs . All of them are cleared in Mumbai itself .

International articles with Tracking Numbers prefixed with CP,CL, RR are dealt by the Office of the Post Master General(PMG), Foreign Mails, Mumbai-400001 :

Office Address : Office of PMG( FP & MM ), Videsh Dak Bhavan,Ballard Estate, Mumbai-400001.

^ All my USPS parcels are cleared by these guys . They are pretty fast. Had visited their office, everything is perfectly organized and full database stored on their back-end site.Most parcels were cleared in 2-3 days .Total delivery time 7-11 days only.

The Speed Post articles with Tracking Numbers prefixed with EE, EM are dealt by the Speed Post Centre, Santacruz, Mumbai-400099.

Office Address : : Speed Post Centre, Near Santacruz Domestic Airport,Behind Centaur Hotel, Santacruz, Mumbai-400099.

All my EMS / Speedpost parcels were cleared by these guys .Most parcels took atleast 15-20 days for delivery and some even 30-45 days .Needless to say these guys are pretty much loaded and slow.

Thanks for the Info Faheem but i why would Parcels from US etc travel to Mumbai and then back to Delhi. Most of the USPS parcels i have recieved hvnt been to mumbai, just directly Delhi Customs. Same goes for those from China. Not sure though, but i remember even Amarbirs maal from China used to be directed to Delhi Customs where as his SE Asia stuff used to always get stuck in the Mumbai Customs.
Bty How reliable are these "Speed Post Centre, Near Santacruz Domestic Airport,Behind Centaur Hotel, Santacruz, Mumbai-400099."

First off, Where are you from ?

My Sflo2 (first take) arrived at delhi from HK EMS

THen Sflo2 (second take ) arrived at Kolkata , Airmail .

Arre i will get it delivered to my Delhi Address. I dont knw how your second take arrived in kolkata if it was supposed to reach Sushants Address. It should have directly come to the Delhi Customs.

I dont know and i dont want to , every case i hear is different ! there is no set pattern, thats what i gather from all this !

your EMS might take 1 month to deliver (or return back ) while the Airmail might arrive in less than 5 days

I am in delhi BTW ..you can try my DAPs if you want.

Hmm i get it. What i can gather (apart from your reactions ) from this is that EMS is the worst Paid Courier service, its just provides you with tracking and nothing on the actual Delivery Front. Anyways let me flip a coin and decide.

Really appreciate the offer Achal but I am in mysore :ashamed: , parents stay in Delhi, If any Customs they will pay will pay it muhaha :devil:

No EMS is surely faster ..i mean with EMS , the Sflo left HK on 6th and reached Delhi on 6th itself . (customs caught it then ) But whenever it was moving it was FAST.

while with 2nd take airmail customs did not hold it for long and it still it took around a month.

Parents are paying ! :D ...amarbir must have cash on delivery option !

I am in the same boat !

What i can advice is , let stocks of Hm601 arrive at arambir;s place , Let him audition it himself , As he has tried HM602 and S:flo2 already , so he will be able to give a final verdict on the performance of 601 vs 602 vs S;flo2 !!

apextwin146 said:
Thanks for the Info Faheem but i why would Parcels from US etc travel to Mumbai and then back to Delhi. Most of the USPS parcels i have recieved hvnt been to mumbai, just directly Delhi Customs. Same goes for those from China. Not sure though, but i remember even Amarbirs maal from China used to be directed to Delhi Customs where as his SE Asia stuff used to always get stuck in the Mumbai Customs.

Bty How reliable are these "Speed Post Centre, Near Santacruz Domestic Airport,Behind Centaur Hotel, Santacruz, Mumbai-400099."
I never said Delhi parcels go via Mumbai .My post was only related to Mumbai import parcels. ;).

^ Happy new year to you guys as well .Hope this new year brings in more DACs,amps ,IEM and lots of other audio goodies under your kitty.:D

@Apex ,So what have you finally decided ?

I have decided to get a S:Flo2 16gb. Ordered the same yesterday through EMS :)

Hm-601 Cons
  • 2gb would necessitate an SD Card resulting in an additional reduction in battery life.
  • Gapless Playback unavailable.
  • Rolled of Bass, not an Nuetral Output.
  • Bulky, brick like
  • Local warranty is more of an namesake one as these cant be repaired in India, it just saves you the headache of dealing with HF directly

^ Nice !! Sflo is an amazing DAP if you can live with those minor glitches. I love the way it can drive most high impedance IEMs with ease ! :)

Thanks! cant wait to get my hands on it. Ordered some additional goodies with it too!
The other reason why i wanted to save some cash was to Repair and Upgrade my 5.5 Gen classic/Video Ipod. I really want to see how a Rockboxed 5.5 compares to S:Flo2 on mid end IEMS like M3.

X 3 is still too far ! you are teling him to wait for 4 Months At least!

More over it is confirmed fact that X3's SQ wont be as good as Sflo and HM601/2s

they are making a cheap DAP with a good good line out ( aka good DAC ) ,good ergonomics, Basic good features and a good battery life.

Cowon D3 should be out within this month. Cowon is finally stepping out of releasing players which are almost similar. But with a lower rated battery life (21 hrs for Audio vs the usual 50 hrs+, though it's only about 25-30 hrs on FLAC/320kbps MP3) and yet unknown Android implementation, I am still waiting for the first reviews to be out. But, it has got interesting features like Wi-Fi, 800 x 600 resolution etc., Hopefully, they won't turn out to be a paper tiger.

FiiO X3 would take months more to stabilize. I like how FiiO listens to it's potential customers for implementing features. It has potential to be a nice player (Wolfson DAC, Coax out, Line Out). But implementation rather than specification is the key. I am sure there will be a Rockbox implementation before the end of the year for it, which makes it interesting to consider.

I only wonder if Sandisk can release a Clip++ :p, not screwing up like they did with Fuze+ however.

Why do you wnat clip ++ , Fuze is still good ! or is Fze + SQ better !?

Not interested in Cowon DAPs:no:
just cause i dont EQ much. ( and look at my Sig !!:D )

Not really - all Sansa AMS DAPs sound the same to me, though other people find differences.

Clip+ is still my favorite DAP. Nothing has so far compared to it's tiny size and ease of operation. I've dropped it five times in the one year of ownership; last time it fell from the shelf from about 5.5' and it still works. I like it so much that I'd have a backup Clip+ soon.

I do lot of EQ-ing. Just that I don't like the minimalistic 4 custom user EQ settings Cowon offers. I'd like 25 at least (you know why :))

Back