PC Peripherals DDR2 RAM Advice

According to that link, your mobo supports dual channel ram. So buy ram kit with DDR2 667MHz speed. A single ram stick works at 533 MHz speed. A 2GB dual channel paired kit will work at 667MHz speed. Most probably, if you get exact same make & specs as your old ram that would be good too.

If you have 2 RAMs suppose 1 with 800 MHz and the other with 667 MHz and you choose to use them in Dual Channel Interleaved Mode then both the RAMs will work at the lower frequency which is 667 MHz in this case.

I would suggest getting an identical RAM as a replacement in terms of specs and manufacturer to avoid compatibility issues.

CPUZ Shows 333
<

vLKWU.jpg

You can see if the RAM stick has the frequency mentioned on it.

If not you can try Everest diagnostics software.

Said who? Most motherboards which support DDR2 RAM support at least 8 GB ram, in a case case a POS would probably support 4+ GB RAM. But most DDR2 mobos support at least 8 GB RAM.

In fact, even DDR1 motherboards routinely support 4-8 GB RAM with only some 2002/2003 models at 2-3 GB or so.

Thanks can someone link me ram modules and to utilitise 4gb I have to be on 64 bit right ?

Thanks can someone link me ram modules and to utilitise 4gb I have to be on 64 bit right ?

U need not be too concerned abt gettting the extra ram/

Your motherboard can support a max of 667(666.6 actually) MHz DDr2 ram. Yje cpuz reported speed of 333 is correct if u consider ur ram is DDR2 ie double data rate (DDR), in which data exchange happens twice per DRAM clock

In market right now u will mostly a 800 Mhz module (400Mhz)...go ahad and buy it. You mobo`s mem controller will see its capped at 667 only
<

getting corsair ddr2 rams is gonna a be a pain both i terms of sourcing/availability and pricing. I suggest looking at the brand "Transcend"
<

Regarding ur query abt utilization of 4 Gb, get the 64 bit of the OS , although memory restriction depends on the OS architecure. Read below if you have some more time :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

And finally regarding dual channel , you again need net get hyper-cautious.. Even memory moodules at different speeds can be run in dual-channel mode, although the motherboard's mem controller will then run all memory modules at the speed of the slowest module.

Alas, Some motherboards mem controllers have compatibility issues with certain brands /models/makes of memory when attempting to use them in dual-channel mode. IT IS SPECIFICALLY for this reason alone, that it's advised to use identical pairs of memory modules.....AND that is why most memory manufacturers now sell "kits" of matched-pair DIMMs... MEANS GURANTEED TO WORK IN MULTI CHANNEL MODE for which they are rated.

Nevertheless, dual channel architecture THEORITICALLY(Yes
<
...doubles the memory performance by doubling the badwith by proving sperate, dual channels for each memory bank with seperate channels to talk to mr Mem controller
<

SO note that this dual channel on;ly concerns the me sub system and will not mean a PC which is 2X times fater than one at single channel mode.YOu will see a marginal,minuscle increase in performance.

Wooh! that was long
<

Thanks I'm confused whether my motherboard is P5GC MX 1333 or P5GCMX I'll check again , would CPUZ be available to identify correct Motherboard no ? I say this since when i bought the motherboard some years back the seller told me it only supports 2GB

1kpyZ.jpg

I guess it supports if yes which memory should i order I'm just looking to get a 2GB DDR2 , how much would it cost ? And would 800Mhz work fine ?

Back