Budget 0-20k DDR3 RAM 8GB

karmyster

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i3-4160
    • Motherboard - GA H81M-WW
    • GPU - NA
    • RAM - Kingston 4GB KVR1333D3N9
    • Monitor - Samsung
    • PSU - Corsair VX550
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • All
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • RAM - 8GB
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Only online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Desktop Processing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NA
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Linux - Pop!_OS
Hello folks, one of the 4GB RAM modules on my Gigabyte H81M-WW failed so I'm sorely in need of DDR3 RAM. I have another 4GB stick from Kingston (KVR1333D3N9/4G) plugged in currently and was thinking of getting an 8GB stick. This board does seem to support 8GB modules. However, the 8GB Kingston RAM is now 4.8k on Amazon. Is this price normal? it seems overpriced to me! I was also looking at another brand RAM - Alketron on Amazon costing 3k. Anyone used this RAM before? found it is an Indian company from googling. Anyone can recommend if this is a good brand, or some other place where RAM can be purchased online at better price? I'm in Chennai and I plan to buy online only.

DDR3 mostly seems to be out of stock everywhere I think, in favour of DDR4. The price is probably inflated due to a lack of supply. I'd suggest waiting for the amazon sale and seeing if the price goes down.

There's a sale starting on the 6th.

Meanwhile, I did some digging for you and found a couple of options:

3.6K ADATA
3.9K HyperX

I wouldn't recommend buying from non-established brands, they often use chips that were rejected by top-tier manufacturers.

Edited to remove double-post.

Nice! I currently have a 4GB stick of 1333Mhz RAM. Do you know if I can mix RAMs of other speeds? I see that these two are 1600Mhz and 1866Mhz.

Short answer, yes, but with some caveats. The higher specced DIMM should run at the lower spec stick's frequency.

There may be some compatibility issues between the two sticks and between the new stick and the motherboard beyond frequency though. I'm not certain enough of this to give concrete advice, but if you post the model number of your old RAM stick maybe someone can weigh in on the compatibility.

Sorry didn't see you had posted the model in the first post.

Prices will be inflated given the pandemic and supply chain issues. If you are purchasing online, then get it oy from recognised sellers.
I had ordered one from Snapdeal and received a burnt module. Finally asked my hardware engineer to get one stick from the market.

I have a new Samsung 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM with me. With bill. Bought last week. I will part it away for the same price as in bill plus shipping. 2.7k+Shipping. Ping me if you want it?

Hi, I would be interested in the RAM. Can you create a sale thread for it? It's been a while since I bought anything on this forum so I'm not sure if it's OK over PM without a sale thread for tracking, feedback etc.

Back