[Deal Alert]Kindle Wireless Wi-Fi@ 8.5K + Kodak PlaySport Zx3 @7.8K via ShopYourWorld

Got an SMS today regarding Kindle .Checked it out for U guys

SYW URL : Buy Nokia N8 in India, Buy iPhone 4 in India, International Brands like Victoria

Direct link to product page (via SYW) : http://amazonin.tarazz.com/Kindle-W...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1271573382&pf_rd_i=507846

also The site claims to ship Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) @ 7.8K

Link : http://amazonin.tarazz.com/Kodak-PlaySport-Waterproof-Pocket-Camera/dp/B0030MITDK

It Is a good deal right?

More reasons To lighten Up ur fat wallets :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Re: [Deal Alert]Kindle Wireless Wi-Fi@ 8.5K + Kodak PlaySport Zx3 @7.8K via ShopYourW

Hmm! The Slim X360 4GB is coming up to 12,600. Nice deal :p

I might just pick it up!

Re: [Deal Alert]Kindle Wireless Wi-Fi@ 8.5K + Kodak PlaySport Zx3 @7.8K via ShopYourW

Guys just do the full checkout and find the prices :p

The Kindle 3 at 8500 Rs looks very attractive.

^^ LOL at least read what I have posted :rofl:...do a complete checkout till payment gateway to see the final price :)

Supra i checked with complete checkout, you can select the item as "gift" for uptil 10k. Then the price stays as what it shows in the original web page.. really tempted to buy shoes from amazon.. >.<

sathyanaidu said:
Supra i checked with complete checkout, you can select the item as "gift" for uptil 10k. Then the price stays as what it shows in the original web page.. really tempted to buy shoes from amazon.. >.<
Yes, but there is catch. Accordingly to custom rules, you have send it someone else while marking it as "Gift" because you can't gift something to yourself:p

That isn't really much of a problem now is it. Just send it to your best friends address, or a maternal cousin. Your neighbor or his daughter might be a good option too ;)

unless your neighbour happens to be me ,who then wont give your stuff back :p

Gaurish said:
Yes, but there is catch. Accordingly to custom rules, you have send it someone else while marking it as "Gift" because you can't gift something to yourself:p
What if I order with someone else's credit card? Even if he is staying in the same house?

letmein said:
What if I order with someone else's credit card? Even if he is staying in the same house?
well, if you go to the site, you will see, that to ship it as a gift, you will need to have a us address. you can probably give that address as your friends/relatives in us. a friend had ordered a camera from us abt 160 odd dollards value, using this service.

the tranasaction was made by his brother who lives in us. Now, the credit card and everything was us based, just the shipping address was indian. but he had to pay up about 4k as customs charge when the item arrrived in india bcoz indian customs charged duty on the item.

so proceed with caution if you intend to mark the item as gift.

even i got that sms yesterday.

shop your world's rupee conversion and landing charges are too high to make any item a deal. i had registered on that site and found while checking out that compared to icc world their prices for the items i chose (after getting quotes from iccworld) was atleast 300 - 500 rupees more. even the duty they show is more than what the customs would charge (35%). i have decided not to buy anything from that site.

bitsandpieces said:
well, if you go to the site, you will see, that to ship it as a gift, you will need to have a us address. you can probably give that address as your friends/relatives in us. a friend had ordered a camera from us abt 160 odd dollards value, using this service.

the tranasaction was made by his brother who lives in us. Now, the credit card and everything was us based, just the shipping address was indian. but he had to pay up about 4k as customs charge when the item arrrived in india bcoz indian customs charged duty on the item.

so proceed with caution if you intend to mark the item as gift.
Here is what SYW faq says:

"What happens if a Duty-free gift is assessed as dutiable by the customs department and levy duty?

As long as it a bonafide gift and there is no wrong declaration and complies with the rules and regulations of the customs department, Shop Your World will absorb the assessed value of the duty levied by the customs department. "

You were still charged. You should complain to customer care.

hey, i was just wondering if anyone has shopped with syw for expensive items like home theatres..

what im planning to buy is onkyo 5300 which is available for 25k landed cost in comparison to 49k in store here in delhi. but obviously im worried about shopping something so expensive with syw.. if any one has any previous experience regarding shipping times/ and excess duties etc that would really help..

thanks

Guys how to avoid customs and fee ..any help??

^ no way to avoid customs. it all depends on luck whether you are charged or not.

TechYoda said:
Here is what SYW faq says:

As long as it a bonafide gift and there is no wrong declaration and complies with the rules and regulations of the customs department, Shop Your World will absorb the assessed value of the duty levied by the customs department. "

You were still charged. You should complain to customer care.
they will say it didn't comply :p

Back