Dealing internationally in Quikr ?

strategy

Skilled
i posted my K702 headphones on quikr delhi.

2 days later i receive a 2 mails regarding the same , one from a lady asking them to be shipped to some where in africa and the other from another lady in europe who also wants them to be shipped to africa.

Now i have read in some quikr ads that specifically mention " no international shipping , am sick of african con artists "
so am was a bit concerned.

i replied to them both that, as i have heard of horrible stories if African deals on quikr, i cant deal, unless they have a head-fi / audiogon accound with good feedback.

both of their stories were similar , both wanted it as a gift for their husband.

also as paypal has buyer protection not seller protection ( i mean they prefer the buyer over the seller, if the buyer says he did not get the item , most of the times they believe ). i am also weary.

But today one of them replied back.
here is what she said :

Hello...

Thanks for your quick response, my name is Ketty am from USA but now i am out of USAi am on business trip am very interested in buying this item for my Partner who was in western country in addition i will add 50euro to your asking price for the shipping cost To him VIA DHL AIR MAIL / LOCAL POST SHIPMENT SERVICE to him in western country,I just view the item again and its okay by me and will like to proceed with the payment.I will be more than happy to issue a Bank transfer to your bank account to you today or Pay pal i will like you to get back to me with your bank details or pay pal email address so that i can access to make the payment asap with my Bank without any delay Please kindly proceed and delete your advert on quick r if this is okay by you .....

bank details is needed

your bank name...
your bank address...
full name...
iban...
swaeft code...
account number...
email address...
or
Your PayPal E-mail:
Your full name:
Total Value:

address for the shipment
Name..dickson friday
Address...102 Fadreb Street Agbowo U.I
City...Ibadan
State..Oyo
Country..Nigeria
Zip code..23402
I will be waiting for your good responding with your bank details or paypal for
the payment asap with out any delay...

Best Regard,

now as she says that she is willing to pay directly, i dont think there can be any problem , i mean if she deposits money in my bank, there is no provision of asking for money back ( which paypal has , after 40 (or so ) days ).

also can i receive money in my SBI account this way ?

what should i do ?
should i ask for western union money transfer to be damn sure ? or just skip the deal .

sorry for the long read ! :D

When in doubt, do not deal; for your own peace of mind. I have no experience with such international sales, but Nigeria and bank account in the same line/paragraph/page sounds fishy..

logistopath said:
When in doubt, do not deal; for your own peace of mind. I have no experience with such international sales, but Nigeria and bank account in the same line/paragraph/page sounds fishy..

Yup.. Sounds too fishy. Apart from payment issues there can be a whole different set of info they may want to steal from you like your identity or address.

I'd personally steer clear.

stay away for nigeria they can do alot things.. and be happy with indian ppl

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

u can fixed a ebay deal it will b good

stay away please....... it could be one of the scams for ID theft

Didnt u ever thought why we get so many lottery mails asking our personal details

in your case you are giving your complete details along with account no.

LOL @ Nigeria! Reminds me of the scam mails from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. :lol:

Oh wait a minute. The couple seems to be a bunch of budding audiophiles! Wifey wants to gift her husband the AKG702 and hubby wants to gift her some DRUMS! :eek:hyeah:

Translated from German said:
Gave it to the Beginning? "Hello ... Regarding listening to react well, my name is ketty'm from the German'm very interested in buying this item for my wife, who was additionally WESTERN COUNTRY I will add E100 to your Asking price for the shipping cost to him VIA EMS postal / shipping service to him in the WEST AFRICAN, and my mode of payment that we are using PayPal or bank to bank transfer bank to bank ... I will like you to get back to me with your PayPal email address so that i can access to make the payment as soon as possible, without any delay and know one to be cheated so back to me as bellow ... paypal details need your PayPal e- mail: Your full name: Total Value: or bank account is necessary your bank name ... bank address ... Your full name ... ... iban code swaeft ... Account Number ... e-mail address ... address for the shipping name dickson .. friday Fadreb Street Address ... 102 UI Agbowo City ... Ibadan State .. Oyo Country .. Nigeria Zip code .. 23 402 Phone ... 08,097,949,985 address for sending via email I-Mail, it will give you as quickly as possible to get back t me with your PayPal details for payment to your account I will wait for your good answer to your bank account or Paypal, the payment as soon as possible without any delay. .. Best regard, Mr ketty * The potentially would have more success if it would be a complete nonsense in the mail is not always so ...

Achtung Betrüger! Unseriöse Interessenten bei Kleinanzeigen - Seite 5 - Allgemein - Drummerforum.de

hey, did u notice the name of the receiver .."Dickson Friday" ...smells too fishy ...Also ref to "western country" ...its a con job .

I am now almost sure that this isn't genuine.

Almost 5-6 months back i listed my mobile on one of these classified sites, not very sure which but it was either in response to ad on craiglist or quikr. I received a similar interest mail but didn't give much thought on it because of 2 reasons:

1. Didn't want to take hassle of shipping internationally

2. Wasn't interested in receiving payment in foreign currency in my Indian bank a/c. I don't know specifically, but could be some legal issues involved.. (didn't have Paypal a/c that time so never thought on those lines)

I just read the mail once and deleted it, but now as i read yours..i can recollect few words like; "western country", "50euro", the language "I just view the item again and its okay by me".

It definitely seems to be some identity theft scam or who knows once you start communicating, they might just twist the story in a totally different direction and ask for money in some form.

My advice.. ignore and move on.

little off topic but i have listed my AC on OLX and got the mail from pinkeysrivastava@gmail.com

beware if she tries to deal with you ... must be a BOT as when i mailed her within a sec. i got the reply to 'wait for her' after 3 days i gave up a followup and with in seconds i got the same reply

so beware if you get the same mail

Stay away from these mails..

post another ad and you will be contacted by the same lady(if Lucky) ;) ..

this might be a strategy from quickr only to promote their website..

I got a mail thrice regarding my Vaio and all from same email id with different Address and Names..

SO BETTER STAY AWAY..

thanks for the advice guys , will stay away .

:D

all their stories are too complex to be true, i mean the first message said the wise was in Pakistan relocating the displaced ( as a UN operative ) and her husband was in east africa, posted there.

i replied back saying , the k702 are in good condition but are too old to be a gift ( i am a good guy :D ) also you can find a better deal for a new K702, from US if you search ( i offered to help her to search cheap-new K702 as well ). then she went black.

Lol!

I can't believe this kinda thing is still going on. And no one seems to be doing anything about it. Kinda like the somalian pirates. But at least there OUR navy keeps kicking their asses!

Back