Decent Alternatives to IDM

dipen01

Skilled
Hi,

I'm facing some issues with IDM (v6.05 Build 8) since my new MTNL connection. My download stops/pauses with 0 kbps download and then doesn't resume.

This causes problems when u have large files queued in for download at nights. Also theres no pattern in this issue, sometimes the connection is working fine whole night and other times hardly 1 file is downloaded and then if u want to resume the download you just pause and resume the connection.

So I'm planning to try other download managers (except Jdownloader) supporting various File Hosts.

Any suggestions please ?

I have faced similar issues with IDM, after one file finishes, the queued files take some time to start , but they do start !!

this i have done with you-tube videos, resumable and full speed downloads.

for commercial file hosts, try J-downloader, can replace IDM if u have wait times and need anti-captcha scripts.

I have faced similar issues with IDM, after one file finishes, the queued files take some time to start , but they do start !!
this i have done with you-tube videos, resumable and full speed downloads.

for commercial file hosts, try J-downloader, can replace IDM if u have wait times and need anti-captcha scripts.

Running IDM latest w/o any issues .... Getting 175 KBps + speed every time on 2mbps = 256 MBps line
for some sessions my downloading stops at 99% specially for videos.... this is Kaspersky issue ... exit it... download will be complete w/o any issue .....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any linux alternative for IDM ... ?

IDM does give better speeds than most other DMs out there. What I don't like about it is its Win95-era interface & the fact that it is paid.

I'd rather use the combination of FDM + JDownloader + uTorrent for specific type of downloads. Nothing beats JD when it comes to downloading from filesharing sites. They even have plugins to solve ReCaptcha using a mutual point-based system.

I use a Firefox extension called DownThemAll. Has resume support for all HTTP downloads. Works with premium file sharing memberships and gives consistent speeds.

Many times I tried to use DownThemAll but failed.

Most of the time I tried to download anything using it download some trash HTML files.

This is difficult for a nub like me. :(

Back