Decent Alternatives to IDM

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
Hi,

I'm facing some issues with IDM (v6.05 Build 8) since my new MTNL connection. My download stops/pauses with 0 kbps download and then doesn't resume.

This causes problems when u have large files queued in for download at nights. Also theres no pattern in this issue, sometimes the connection is working fine whole night and other times hardly 1 file is downloaded and then if u want to resume the download you just pause and resume the connection.

So I'm planning to try other download managers (except Jdownloader) supporting various File Hosts.

Any suggestions please ?

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
I use Orbit Downloader. Has worked fine for me. Can't compare it with IDM though as I haven't used IDM

distro

Adept
Mar 16, 2010
I have faced similar issues with IDM, after one file finishes, the queued files take some time to start , but they do start !!

this i have done with you-tube videos, resumable and full speed downloads.

for commercial file hosts, try J-downloader, can replace IDM if u have wait times and need anti-captcha scripts.

distro

Adept
Mar 16, 2010
I have faced similar issues with IDM, after one file finishes, the queued files take some time to start , but they do start !!
this i have done with you-tube videos, resumable and full speed downloads.

for commercial file hosts, try J-downloader, can replace IDM if u have wait times and need anti-captcha scripts.

JPushkarH

Disciple
Jan 18, 2005
Running IDM latest w/o any issues .... Getting 175 KBps + speed every time on 2mbps = 256 MBps line
for some sessions my downloading stops at 99% specially for videos.... this is Kaspersky issue ... exit it... download will be complete w/o any issue .....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any linux alternative for IDM ... ?

pauldmps

Skilled
Mar 20, 2011
Hyderabad, India
IDM does give better speeds than most other DMs out there. What I don't like about it is its Win95-era interface & the fact that it is paid.

I'd rather use the combination of FDM + JDownloader + uTorrent for specific type of downloads. Nothing beats JD when it comes to downloading from filesharing sites. They even have plugins to solve ReCaptcha using a mutual point-based system.