Audio Decent in ear headphones for under Rs 500 [3.5mm]

I need to get some in ear headphones for my mom, she has been using cheap local ones which break down after a month of light use.
Mic is not necessary. Will be mainly used for bollywood music or soft rock so sound quality doesn't need to be exceptional (which it won't be under Rs500 ofcourse).

Marshmallows are more sturdy than ur PL11s

PL11 has longer cord.

PL11 looks better

Marshmallows have overall more balanced sound.

PL11 lack bass.

@OP.. Sorry for using the same thread...But my friend needs earphones below Rs.600..

@Nish are you sure JVC marshmallows over PL11?? FAHEEM where are you... PL11 or Marshmallows??

^ JVC marshmallow has slightly better mids and a brighter treble than the PL-11. Infact some find the treble to be a little to sharp . For that you have kramers mod as well which makes treble less sharp and mids + bass more smooth overall .PL-11 has a lot of bass , more than Marshmallow as well from what I can remember.Yet the PL11 is pretty fun to listen to .

As someone earlier pointed out , if you listen to lot of electronica , hip-hip , bassy music PL-11 might suit better otherwise Marshmallow will be better all rounder ;)

Other than sound if other factors matter to you, the PL-11 has 1 year warranty whereas Marshmallow OEM has 4 months warranty from Pristine Note. Also the Marshmallow cable is slightly shorter .

i'd say stay away from sound magic and other chinese products. they may be good and VFM and even offer good warranty. but how do you get that? we've seen one recent epic episode over sound magic.

for budgets under rs.1000/1500 stick to the regular sony/philips/creative earphones that you get locally everywhere. just ensure that you buy from a trusted retailers and you should be good.

also logically speaking.. for budgets under 1500 i dont think the sound difference is gonna be huge and if some is very picky about sound then better increase the budget.

No Offenses to anybody but this is in the interest of the average buyer that we have here on TE.

Malique said:
i'd say stay away from sound magic and other chinese products. they may be good and VFM and even offer good warranty. but how do you get that? we've seen one recent epic episode over sound magic.

for budgets under rs.1000/1500 stick to the regular sony/philips/creative earphones that you get locally everywhere. just ensure that you buy from a trusted retailers and you should be good.

also logically speaking.. for budgets under 1500 i dont think the sound difference is gonna be huge and if some is very picky about sound then better increase the budget.

No Offenses to anybody but this is in the interest of the average buyer that we have here on TE.

Beg to differ :p The Marshmallow and PL-11 both IMO provide much better SQ than your average Sony,philips earphones . Creative EP-630 is the only one which would be on par with PL-11/Marshmallow but finding a genuine one for decent price isn't so easy. Also the RMA rate and experience for them is also pretty bad.

One thing I can suggest for those scared of buying not-so-known brand audio stuff due to warranty issues is to approach Pristine Note. They have both PL-11 and Marshmallow and going by their customer service I am sure you won't have any warranty issues with them . There have been instances where much more expensive IEMs and headphones have been replaced by them within 3 days during RMA.

Back