Defective / Dead laptops/laptop parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaun kaun : You should be able to replace the screen with a used one for about 4000, and then sell the laptop as a unit for a better price. I can offer about 4000, if the battery does atleast 60 mins and bag and adapter are included.

tracer : The 13.3 screen and the slot loading drive are niche components with few buyers. To compensate for the long lock in period that might occur, I've knocked off some Ks from the price. I can offer 3000 , assuming the battery does more than an hour, the bag and adapter are included and the hard disk isn't. I could offer much more - about 6000 - if I find buyers for the parts, but you will have to wait till then.

Hi Htnakirs I have many defective as well as working laptop parts please pm your address so that I can send you the parts the items which are working for sure will tell you in prior and items which I am not sure that you decide.

List all items you have on offer in the forum itself. There could be other interested parties as well. Will increase chances of sale.

got a compaq presario V2000 series laptop... Went kaput before 4 months... Serviced it.. But again went kaput 3 weeks before.... When the last time I used it it gave me around 1.5 hour backup...

when it was working it used to give me around 2 hours backup time....

Specifications :

Processor Intel Celeron M Processor 360 (#) (1.4GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB)

memory 512MB (2 x 256MB) DDR SDRAM (333MHz)

Maximum memory Upgradeable to 2GB max

Cache 1MB Level-2 Cache

Hard drive 40GB (4200 rpm)

Optical drive DVD/CD-RW combo

Graphics Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (with up to 64MB shared video memory)

Modem High speed 56K modem

Network Integrated 10/100 LAN Ethernet

Battery 6-cell Lithium-Ion battery

Display 14 colour TFT WXGA (1280 x 768 resolution) BrightView

Pointing device Touchpad pointing device with 4-way scroll and on/off switch button

I/O interfaces (1) 6-in-1 Digital Media Reader slot, (1) IEEE 1394 port, (1) S-video port, (1) VGA port, (1) Port Replicator connector, (1) Headphone, (1) External Microphone, (1) AC power connector, (1) RJ-11, (1) RJ-45, (3) USB 2.0 ports

Security features Kensington MicroSaver lock slot

PC card slots (1) Type I/II PC Card Slot with support for 16-bit PCMCIA and 32-bit Cardbus

Status display System Power, NUM Lock, CAPS Lock, SCROLL Lock, Battery Charging, HDD/Optical activity, Touchpad on/off, Media slot, Mute

Audio Altec Lansing branded speakers, AC97 audio, volume control and mute button

Keyboard Full-sized keyboard with touchpad

Dimensions 3.29cm(H) x 33.40cm(W) x 23.06cm(D)

Weight 2.38kg

Quote a good offer pls....

krishnendu : You should create a separate thread for the hdd and RAM as they are not of much value to me - obsolete parts. If the original bag is included and everything is in good condition, you can expect Rs. 4000 for the rest, 4500 if hdd and ram are included.

what about a new Lenovo netbook which has warranty and the only thing defective is the RAM [2 out of 10 times, it gives BSODs] (and it can be fixed in any lenovo service center as its still under warranty period, 9 months more)? (Reason- in need of money urgently)

Xjoy : As the defect is minor, you'll get better offers if you create a thread for it.

amarcom : it's a niche product with few takers. I will only need the hdd, ram, dvd writer - and probably there will be many takers for them. So create a thread and see.

In case you resell old parts, I would like to buy the following.

1) English Keyboard for HP NX6110 (original keyboard has some sticky keys)

2) 1GB (preferred) or 512MB DDR 333 (PC2700) SODIMM RAM

Please let me know.

Have got a Compaq V3000 series notebook which has recently gone kaput. HP service says the motherboard is faulty, but I can hear the processor fan, rotating, the HDD (120GB) spinning up and the 1.5 GB DDR2 RAM is also working fine. The battery gives only about 30 mins of backup. All accessories are there and the LCD is also in great shape and the DVD RW also working. Can include a Targus Backpack with it. How much can I expect?

I've an IBM T40-P everything is stock except for the RAM which is @ 1.5Gb. Kindly PM me the price for the same. Battery will easily last about 2 hours.

shantanil : If everything is in good cosmetic condition, you can expect about 4500.

prathamesh : As it is working, you will get better offers if you create a thread for it.

digitalvampire: I'll check and revert.

cisco_tech said:
Ht. have OEM compaq floppy drive and Hynix OEM 512MB DDR1 RAM PC2700S.

If you are selling it, I'd like to buy Hynix OEM 512MB DDR1 RAM PC2700S (assuming S stands for SODIMM, Laptop RAM) and if you have 2 of them to make it 1 GB. Please quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back