Delhi Guys...Help Needed

Sheriff

Disciple
I would soon be moving to Delhi and i would purchasing a new mobile connection there. So which has the Best network among Airtel, Idea and Hutch.Also i would be requiring GPRS services, so which would provide me with the cheapest.

well among the networks i rate them as follows...

1 : Hutch
2 : Airtel
3 : Dolphin
4 : Idea[sux]

As for GPRS.....Hutch and Idea scheme is u pay rs 49 per month and you would be charged 10 paise for ever 3kb you download

Airtel is free activation but you can browse only few sites and what you download from there is charged as per the site states...

Dolphin GPRS i dont know abt..:)

AFAIK airtel offers unlimited GPRS for 150 bucks.

I am using it in mumbai and i have checked their site in past and i think the rate is same all over.

Thats your best bet. 10paise / 3KB is absolute joke from hutch. And ya download included the web page viewing.

I agree with Funky... my dad pays 150/- to Airtel for GPRS. Unlimited downloads and all..... And he gets decent speeds of around 60kps....

funkymonkey said:
AFAIK airtel offers unlimited GPRS for 150 bucks.
I am using it in mumbai and i have checked their site in past and i think the rate is same all over.
Thats your best bet. 10paise / 3KB is absolute joke from hutch. And ya download included the web page viewing.

Does this GPRS include include surfing the net from PC using mobile as GPRS modem.Also can anyone from delhi confirm, is this scheme available in Delhi, I couldn't find any tariffs on airtel website.

Even if u take a zero-rental (pay-as-u-use) Airtel gprs plan. There is one site that u can browse/download from for free. And it has got links to every major site. My friend says.....it's like having Rs. 150 plan widout the rental :)

Airtel GPRS give very good download speeds. Around 6-8KBps for me during day time and upto 9KBps during night. And yeah thats 60Kbps, even beter at night.

I think you people didnt read what Nikhil posted. He posted 60Kbps and not 60KBps. 60Kbps is what i get during day time.

Better download speeds than my dialup. I am still using airtelgprs and did not cancel it even when i got my cable bcoz then i can connect it to any PC at work which dosent have net connection and browse net.

funkymonkey said:
Airtel GPRS give very good download speeds. Around 6-8KBps for me during day time and upto 9KBps during night. And yeah thats 60Kbps, even beter at night.
I think you people didnt read what Nikhil posted. He posted 60Kbps and not 60KBps. 60Kbps is what i get during day time.
Better download speeds than my dialup. I am still using airtelgprs and did not cancel it even when i got my cable bcoz then i can connect it to any PC at work which dosent have net connection and browse net.

But the max GPRS speed phone supports is 48 Kbps, so how u'r 60Kbps :huh:
R u using EDGE or WCDMA phones ?

Back