Delhivery courier service

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Has anyone here used Delhivery to ship their packages? How far (destination), how long (time) and how much (shipping rate) do they take?

Someone shipped a phone from Kerala to near Kohima. I paid 1420rs for shipping. It's taken 6 days now and it's still not here.
At this point I feel like Speedpost would be better. You'd pay lesser and expect a week minimum anyway.

That's way too much, I've shipped similar size package to Assam but little less weight and DTDC charged me 140rs. It took close to 7 days in my case as it was ground mode, if yours is air mode then it's too late.

I have used it to ship an LCD monitor for a TE sale, from Bangalore to Western India. Except for the pick up guy being a bit rude, it was good. Price was around 400-500 for around 1.5-2k km, almost 5 kg packet, took around 4-5 days, and the buyer said the condition of the item was good after delivery.

I note with regret that North eastern India sometimes has poor network for companies operating in most of India. Which may be the reason for the high cost, delay and reliability.

You can easily check the price and estimated delivery time from any pin code to any other pin code in India through their website. For free :).

Someone shipped a phone from Kerala to near Kohima. I paid 1420rs for shipping. It's taken 6 days now and it's still not here.
6 days is too much, did you able to track it online or call them ?
We tried once sending laptop, heavy one, from blr to pune, a year back it reached in 1day, morning 10 am they collected it form home and delivered next day around 1pm.
if im able to recall it was 1200/- not able to recall exactly. I guess they took a lot more you as well.

for smaller things like phone, i always prefer DTDC. they charge ~350-400 from one metro to another.

Used it once to ship a package.. No one picked up the package for more than 4days.. called them several times... Had to cancel it.
Then, shifted to DTDC.. picked up in just a few hours and safely delivered.

DTDC ROCKS... Delhivery Socks.

I've only had bad experience with delhivery. They don't attempt delivery even when they've received package at my nearest delivery center, same thing with their pickup service. Once I got my package stuck in their SEZ area center for 5 days straight.

As we speak, One of my package was shipped through delivery yesterday with express delivery option from Gurgaon, and it's still in one of thier facility in Gurgaon. The distance between my city and Gurgaon is just 250 kilometers. All in all delhivery sucks.

With any courier service you'll always find mixed reviews. No courier partner will have all positive reviews.
I've extensively used Delhivery for almost over 25 times not a single time I've had bad experience except a few times when shipment pickup took 2-3 days but that's OK as the price is cheaper than most other services.

The max time from pickup to delivery for me was 5-6 days at most for Delhi destination. By air it's even shorter 2-3 days.

It depends on the area. I have seen reports that Dehlivery works fine is some places. As for me, I am attaching a screenshot. This was a part of a 3-item order off Amazon. Two items were shipped with Amazon's own courier and came within 3 days, but the one shipped with Delhivery took a vacation in South India and then Odisha, finally decided to come to me in West Bengal. I don't know where to upload memes but this is one top tier meme. I call them Delayvery. Yes, even Speed Post is faster than them, and we know the postal tariff compared to pvt. couriers like Delayvery.

Attachments

• Delhivery Meme.png
    Delhivery Meme.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 178
6 days is too much, did you able to track it online or call them ?
I'm tracking it online. The shipment reached Guwahati in the evening today.
They don't give any number in their website, just a "raise a query" option which I did. I also texted them on their twitter support handle. No response.
I thought of going to their office in my area but I doubt they can help since they aren't involve yet.
This might take 2-3 more days. I wish there was a way to claim back some of the shipping cost because frankly this is getting ridiculous. I don't know who screwed up but next time I'm going back to the good old Speedpost. I let the seller use Delhivery as I thought it would be the fastest. Clearly I was wrong.
I note with regret that North eastern India sometimes has poor network for companies operating in most of India. Which may be the reason for the high cost, delay and reliability.
I would agree if the delay occurred inside the NE but this is in mainland India. The package was shipped from Hoskote (Kerala) and reached Siliguri (WB) in the afternoon of the 20th. As per the seller the courier office said 4-5 days delivery is guaranteed which I believed because of the high shipping costs of 1420rs. Even if you count the weekends, today marks the 5th day and the package is still in transit.
It depends on the area. I have seen reports that Dehlivery works fine is some places.
Its because its called DELHIvery and fast only in Delhi/NCR area and not named WBivery duh.

Last edited:
Just go all in and use FedEx via shiprocket. It's comparatively OK in pricing and service is excellent.

I've had 0 issues with them. Only one time very rude pickup guy came to my house and told he can't pickup a shipment without GSTIN no. on the shipping label even after I told him that it's a personal shipment and not a business sale.

Just go all in and use FedEx via shiprocket. It's comparatively OK in pricing and service is excellent.

I've had 0 issues with them. Only one time very rude pickup guy came to my house and told he can't pickup a shipment without GSTIN no. on the shipping label even after I told him that it's a personal shipment and not a business sale.
I asked the seller to use shiprocket and he said he's never used it and don't know how to so I didn't know what to do about it.

Update: I went to the local branch office in my area. From what they said, my package is coming by a ****ing bus!! wtf
Now I'm not surprised anymore. What usually takes just 30-35 mins by flight is taking over a day.
Customer service is non-existent btw. They won't even get back to you. Be careful when using this courier.

They offer lowest rates but sometimes very slow, usually they provide OK type service.
This is very true CS is non-existent, I got some phone numbers from local nearby branch and they resolves the issues which barely happens here. It also depends on location like Delhi/NCR hence the name Delhivery :tearsofjoy:

I suppose their service quality is different for different areas. I have used them extensively from Bangalore to multiple places all over India (via Shiprocket) and they have proven to be reliable each time. I even used them 2-3 times in Kolkata and it was all fine. They may take 1-2 days more than say Bluedart or DTDC but then its surface transport and at that price, there is nothing else comparable. Then again I was not shipping any costly or delicate items and even then I was packing them well. I cannot say the same of the other Shiprocket couriers though and DTDC/Bluedart prices do not make any sense for shipping those kind of items.
To the OP, not sure why they charged so much and if you were getting more better, reliable and cheaper options by air, you probably should have opted for that.

Last edited:
The booking system of delhivery is good but their service is pure dogshit.

Firstly, they don't have any customer service, literally 0, there is no way to directly contact the company, there is no public number, you have to write email after email and maybe once in few days they will respond with some generic response like "we will look into it".

My first and only shipment with them was a complete mess. my package got replaced by some other package( they labelled it wrong ) and the package got exchanged and even after multiple emails and visits to their local office, they weren't able to resolve it. fortunately I was able to track my real package from the tracking id of other package and was able to get in touch with reciever. which he agreed to ship back the replaced product to its original location. and we both had to book new courier for each other.

this whole mess took about a month to sort, It was a valued item and I didn't do insurance because delivery location was within my state and thought what could go wrong, matter of fact I could have drove 5 hrs and hand delivered the package and saved more time, money and braincells.

Has anyone here used Delhivery to ship their packages? How far (destination), how long (time) and how much (shipping rate) do they take?

At this point I feel like Speedpost would be better. You'd pay lesser and expect a week minimum anyway.
I have used it in Mumbai and the service has always been great. Pickup has always been done on time (don't even need to attach the slip) and delivery to most parts of the country is done in 3-4 days. Once, I had sent an item for warranty service and the service centre could not find the item. Was able to get the delivery receipt from Delhivery to confirm the delivery which was later acknowledged by the service centre, though it did take them a few days to respond. Delivery to remote areas (like the north-east) does take 7-10 days, but then those areas are mostly not serviced by other couriers.

They are great for lower weight items, not for heavy ones because then they are not competitive in terms of price. DTDC is overpriced, especially with additional charges for pickup. FedEx has been probably one of the worst in terms of delivery, though their pickup is prompt.

Back