Delhivery courier service

My post got deleted huh smh
And now Delivery is planning to launch an IPO.
Doesn't matter, it will fail if they don't increase productivity/sales which they can't with a shitty customer service. Artificial injection of funds won't help for long. Happened to a lot of startups.

While I have used Delhivery quite a few times at this point, and all packages except one have been picked up and delivered on time, some of their practices are definitely shady.

There was one package which they misplaced. It was very difficult to contact them. I created a ticket and they took a long time to respond. They said they'll inform within 48 hours. No response in 3 days. I replied to the mail and they again responded saying they'll get back within 48 hours. After some 3 weeks, even before the package had been delivered, the order got deleted from history in my account.

Right now, I have a package being shipped to me and here's the status as of yesterday and today:
Screenshot_20220505-155714.png
Screenshot_20220506-074644.png

Yesterday it showed reached Mumbai at 3:50 AM, then later it changed to reached Mumbai at 1:25 PM. When I saw today morning, it had changed to reached Mumbai at 7:35 AM on 6th May.

Even before this, this package had a status which said Pickup attempted, shipment not ready for pickup. That was a fake status as the pickup had never been attempted. They later deleted all the statuses from 3rd May, making it look like it everything went smoothly from 4th May.

I have noticed such things many times. They keep manipulating the status to make it look like everything went smoothly whenever something goes wrong. And this practice makes me very suspicious of them. I use them only because there's no easy alternative.

While I have used Delhivery quite a few times at this point, and all packages except one have been picked up and delivered on time, some of their practices are definitely shady.

There was one package which they misplaced. It was very difficult to contact them. I created a ticket and they took a long time to respond. They said they'll inform within 48 hours. No response in 3 days. I replied to the mail and they again responded saying they'll get back within 48 hours. After some 3 weeks, even before the package had been delivered, the order got deleted from history in my account.

Right now, I have a package being shipped to me and here's the status as of yesterday and today:
View attachment 133456View attachment 133455
Yesterday it showed reached Mumbai at 3:50 AM, then later it changed to reached Mumbai at 1:25 PM. When I saw today morning, it had changed to reached Mumbai at 7:35 AM on 6th May.

Even before this, this package had a status which said Pickup attempted, shipment not ready for pickup. That was a fake status as the pickup had never been attempted. They later deleted all the statuses from 3rd May, making it look like it everything went smoothly from 4th May.

I have noticed such things many times. They keep manipulating the status to make it look like everything went smoothly whenever something goes wrong. And this practice makes me very suspicious of them. I use them only because there's no easy alternative.
The last leg of delivery has multiple hops. In Mumbai, it will land in the airport, then it will go to a central warehouse, then to one on western/central line, then to local delivery centre and then it will be out for delivery. I think they do a poor job of splitting all these hops as most other couriers provide each scanning detail.

They are also probably window dressing for the IPO, so I expect that even their prices will increase post-IPO and then probably it will not be worth it.

The last leg of delivery has multiple hops. In Mumbai, it will land in the airport, then it will go to a central warehouse, then to one on western/central line, then to local delivery centre and then it will be out for delivery. I think they do a poor job of splitting all these hops as most other couriers provide each scanning detail.
Yeah. But they shouldn't change the existing line, they should add a new line for that.

And they definitely deleted the pickup failure status deliberately.

If rates go up, it will be difficult to have proper recovery on lower value items.

Another B**st eg. of Delayed Delhivery..

1651678198906.png

Shipment is in Mumbai since 1st may yet no delivery even after 4 days..
The most pathetic courier service ever.
Shipment got delivered yesterday...reasons for delay: holiday season..WTF!
Here services arent closed for 4 days of Diwali and see this..

Personally, I wouldn't ever recommend anyone to use Delhivery. I returned 2 bulbs to Syska as a part of their RMA and they received an open package with just one bulb. Delhivery has no customer care you can contact and on email they will copy-paste the same reply to you.

Shipment got delivered yesterday...reasons for delay: holiday season..WTF!
Here services arent closed for 4 days of Diwali and see this..
Still finding it hard to believe if this is Delhivery or yesteryear's speedpost. Such excuses would be common with older speedpost.

Speedpost is more reliable now. If you face any problem you can just escalate the issue to the manager and the office will do the rest.

So I bought an item here on this forum and speedpost was not viable for the seller because of the distance and the fuel and time it would consume and he said he has good experience with Delhivery so I went with it again. But this time it's from a different state so let's see how it goes lol.

For me delhivery/shiprocket/fedex always sucked.
Reason: Parcel damage, fake status or not at all punctual in status updates so much that status doesnt gets updated for as good as 5 days..

While Dtdtc, ekart, bluedart, maruti and speedpost always rocked! Eyes closed trust with these.

Last edited:
I would never use anything but Speed Post if only it didn't require me to stand for 2 hours in the queue. Speed post is amazing, but Post offices suck.

Recently Bluedart and DTDC have been quoting insane prices to me. Last time I wanted to ship something (I think a router), the package was some 400 grams and shipping was from Mumbai to Hyderabad. They quoted Rs. 350.

I would never use anything but Speed Post if only it didn't require me to stand for 2 hours in the queue. Speed post is amazing, but Post offices suck.
True.
Recently Bluedart and DTDC have been quoting insane prices to me. Last time I wanted to ship something (I think a router), the package was some 400 grams and shipping was from Mumbai to Hyderabad. They quoted Rs. 350.
Bought two phones from here. First one used BlueDart with shipping 1000rs. Was delivered in just 4 days.
Another seller used DTDC for around 450rs. Let's see how many days it will take.

Seems the courier companies hate the aggregators anyway as they are trying to take away their business from e-commerce firms. The rate increase happened earlier than expected.

On another note, I received a Delhivery package from Jaipur to Mumbai in 2 days, so yet to have a bad episode with them.

Delhivery is good for Metro and Tier 1 cities. things change drastically when you go to Tier 3 levels.
True this. have experienced when shipping something to a smaller town or city how bad it can be for a buyer.
Being in the metro is a privilege.

But some areas within metros , local or regional offices of dtdc or any such service can be bad in general. I have observed different experiences with couple of local dtdc offices that are all within say a 5 km range in the way they handle last mile while an item it to come to you or when you ship something from them to a buyer.

They just f***ed up big time with me today.
I had arranged a Delhivery Direct local pickup (North to South Chennai, 50 kms) as I did not have time. They managed to pack a different parcel with a different AWB (tracking) number under my consignment and have delivered it today.

Have attempted to contact their customer care, insipte of filling the help form multiple times, not a single ticket has been raised. Not sure what to do at this point.

My address /AWB :
PXL_20220516_093914171.MP~2.jpg

Parcel's AWB:
PXL_20220516_093908521~2.jpg

Last edited:
Update -
After waiting for a couple of days and no help from the Delhivery customer service, I managed to contact the intended receiver of this package, and fortunately, my package was delivered to their address. After some coordination, both the parties had our original packages delivered.

Back