Delhivery not working in Hyderabad?

avinandan012

Disciple
Any body from Hyderabad having any issues with Delhivery service?

Packages comes to Hyderabad(Shamshabad) from all over India within 2-3 days, but upon reaching it gets stuck in Shamshabad, doesnot move anymore.

I think all shipping aggregator services are stuck due to man power issues at Hyderabad.

Only dedicated logistics like Amazon/DTDC/Bluedart etc seems to doing business as usual, but the aggregator packages are piled up to unmanageable levels. This is what I got to know after a few escalations on my stuck packages.

Worst part is that most of them are now returning to source as they aren't able to sort the packages and returning the entire consignments as it is.

Any body from Hyderabad having any issues with Delhivery service?

Yeah, more delivery/pickup issues in the last two months than in the last two years. Delayed deliveries, no pickups even after five days across Delhivery/Ecom Express/Amazon. Even Amazon orders are being canceled and returned. At first, I attributed this to post-Ramadan blues/vacations and/or limited working hours due to the heatwave. But then Swiggy/Zomato/Uber also became unusable with Swiggy turning off their ad-hoc delivery service entirely for a number of weeks.

Turns it out it wasn't any of the reasons I thought it might have been, it was because of rising fuel costs. The delivery people simply stopped showing up to work because it was no longer profitable for them to be on the road. The locals here are notorious for preferring the simple life. They aren't go-getters or do-itters as you'd see in other larger cities. They're perfectly content with earning a few hundred in a day because it means a couple of days off for them to relax at home before they need to step out again.

Things are slowly returning to normal though. PIckups are taking two days instead of five, and Amazon packages are arriving when they should be. Point of reference, I'm in central Hyderabad and we consider ourself the aforementioned locals, haha.

Last edited:
Yeah, more delivery/pickup issues in the last two months than in the last two years. Delayed deliveries, no pickups even after five days across Delhivery/Ecom Express/Amazon. Even Amazon orders are being canceled and returned. At first, I attributed this to post-Ramadan blues/vacations and/or limited working hours due to the heatwave. But then Swiggy/Zomato/Uber also became unusable with Swiggy turning off their ad-hoc delivery service entirely for a number of weeks.

Turns it out it wasn't any of the reasons I thought it might have been, it was because of rising fuel costs. The delivery people simply stopped showing up to work because it was no longer profitable for them to be on the road. The locals here are notorious for preferring the simple life. They aren't go-getters or do-itters as you'd see in other larger cities. They're perfectly content with earning a few hundred in a day because it means a couple of days off for them to relax at home before they need to step out again.

Things are slowly returning to normal though. PIckups are taking two days instead of five, and Amazon packages are arriving when they should be. Point of reference, I'm in central Hyderabad and we consider ourself the aforementioned locals, haha.
I was wondering what happened with Swiggy in April. It seemed that the moment the rain started all the delivery people dissappeared. If the weather was dry all was well.

I never got any useful answers from either Swiggy or the delivery people. In fact its rare to ever get a coherent answer. No mention on their twitter either.

The problem stopped about a couple of weeks after it started. These days I can place orders and get delivery even if its pouring down as has been the case in the past.

Back