Laptops Dell complete cover is amazing!

phoenix844884 said:
Slightly off-topic -
if I buy a Dell laptop from US and purchase the complete cover package, will Dell honor that warranty in India? I want to bring a laptop for my sister. Or would it be better to buy it from India?

my dell laptop was purchased from the usa long back. it was out of warranty.

dell india will give you cc if you want to purchase it here. all you need to do is fill up a registration change form that transfers your ownership to india.

Yes, you can take up laptop & warranty from US if you have good deal then transfer to Indian address.

@stormblast

Thank you for the price, I guess i have also made note of it.

Prices for Inspiron, Studio, Vostro laptops

Complete Cover – 1 Year 6134

Complete Cover- 2 Year 11120

Is it right ?

DarkAngel said:
Do they provid CC for the battery too.:ashamed:

Complete Cover is sort of an insurance that covers Accidental damage. Battery is considered a consumable under normal wear & tear and hence not covered.

phoenix844884 said:
if I buy a Dell laptop from US and purchase the complete cover package, will Dell honor that warranty in India? I want to bring a laptop for my sister. Or would it be better to buy it from India?

From what I know, if you have purchased the laptop in the US with on-site service then you can transfer the service tag across to get local service/support, as explained by stormblast. If the laptop was purchased under 'returnable warranty' then you may have to take the laptop back to US to get local service/support free of cost, or you would have to pay for the service/support here.

phoenix844884 said:
Slightly off-topic -

Yes I had called the CC just for this as I would be moving to US. All you need to do is request Dell US CC to transfer your service tag to Dell India and upon reaching here, just confirm it. That's it! Your warranty is now valid in India instead of US! No money charged :)

Me bought a Dell Mini 10 and wanna buy a warranty extension for 3 yrs.. the one which would cover all the physical / accidental damages, which one am I supposed to go for.. complete cover or limited cover ?

djmykey said:
Me bought a Dell Mini 10 and wanna buy a warranty extension for 3 yrs.. the one which would cover all the physical / accidental damages, which one am I supposed to go for.. complete cover or limited cover ?

Complete Cover :hap2:

If you have made the purchase recently than the Mini is already having 1 Yr Limited Hardware Warranty :)

I am looking for Complete Cover of 2 or 3 years.

Already have 1 year Complete Cover.

Can anyone offer at good rates or its better to wait till Jan 2011 & hope they give 50 % discount :p

Guys, If you have purchased laptop recently then you can have CC at lesser rates within first 30 days of purchase.

IMPORTANT

@ Phoenix: Mate only the NBD warranty will be transferred and not the complete care "insurance". I checked this with Dell Uk and then again on the forum. The complete care is region/country specific as per Dell policy i.e. america region, europe region , asia region, India complete care etc. The NBD warranty on the other hand is international. Also if you are away from your purchase country for under 6 months you can avail warranty without transferring the tag.

amol_cool said:
Yes I had called the CC just for this as I would be moving to US. All you need to do is request Dell US CC to transfer your service tag to Dell India and upon reaching here, just confirm it. That's it! Your warranty is now valid in India instead of US! No money charged :)

I don't think that works, I went through the exact same situation sometime back. While they do transfer the ownership to India, the warranty is not transferred and its considered void/null. The warranty is ONLY transferrable when you have 3 years of Limited or Complete cover. 3 years of warranty is considered as international warranty.

I had to buy an extra year of Complete cover since my US warranty was void and trust me, I talked to atleast 10 different customer care executives about the issue and even Dell US.

Just few months left with the complete cover warranty on my 3 year Dell vostro laptop. Kindly guide how can I get maximum advantage out of this warranty?

By using this, has anybody here managed to get a ‘repaired’ laptop which is now as good as a new one? If so, How?

'Accidentally' drop it from the tallest floor in your society or your office. Call them up and shed tears of sorrow at losing a companion. Ensure they fall for it. Ask for a new companion :p

PS: I haven't tried this, nor do I know anyone who has.

3 year complete cover from Dell is a great deal. Costs around 12K for an average spec laptop...Though digs a big hole in the wallets of budget conscious buyers

agantuk said:
'Accidentally' drop it from the tallest floor in your society or your office. Call them up and shed tears of sorrow at losing a companion. Ensure they fall for it. Ask for a new companion :p

That wont mate, they will do parts replacement, not a whole machine to machine replacement

In our office too we got this done. There was this laptop which was around 90k from Dell, whose motherboard just got fried 2 years after buying it. When we contacted Dell, they themselves told us to buy the complete cover for around 8k. Once we did that, they collected it from the office, sent it to Bangalore and got the motherboard replaced and gave it back 10 days later. We were all mighty impressed, because the replacement motherboard supposedly costs much more than that 8k.

Even under the limited 1 year warranty, they replaced my laptop charger without any questions asked and gave me a new one in 3 days flat.

Dell's support really is amazing.

Congrats... Good to know that they support products till 5 yrs. I just got my Dell XPS warranty transferred from USA to India and all I had to do was fill an online form which took 10min.

Wraith said:
the Inspiron 6400 was being used/abused by almost everyone at home.

Lol @ That :)
Am glad Dell extended the CC and you have a lappy as good as new (Externally)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

agantuk said:

Will work for accidential warranty.

Have worked in Dell International, we've had laptop replacements for 'Water Spills', 'Baby Pushed the laptop from my table'
I guess they use the same policy for dell india? (Can't be sure tho)

Back