Laptops Dell complete cover is amazing!

montsa007 said:
Lol @ That :)

Am glad Dell extended the CC and you have a lappy as good as new (Externally)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Will work for accidential warranty.

Have worked in Dell International, we've had laptop replacements for 'Water Spills', 'Baby Pushed the laptop from my table'

I guess they use the same policy for dell india? (Can't be sure tho)

In India its always gonna be parts replacements, no more machine replacements !!!

ryanrulez4ever said:
In India its always gonna be parts replacements, no more machine replacements !!!

Guess I got lucky xD

My XPS 15 is being replaced now..

BTW do you guys thin its worth 15K for 2 year Complete Cover?

I am about to buy it, but for 10K more,I can get a HP DM1z :)

I would say go ahead. But 2 years CC for 15K seems higher than normal.

You see laptops are fragile little things, you slap them and things will start falling off like broken teeth.

You go to HP after that and they will laugh and throw the thing on your face.

Dell will say, thank you for slapping our laptop, here is your new one. Come back again :)

I have a question guys..

My friend has a dell xps 16 w/ the complete cover warranty that expires in a few months.

He keeps asking me whether he should run his car over the xps to get a replacement?

I have no idea what to tell him, does dell provide a replacement product in such a scenario?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

^Please ask him NOT to misuse the complete cover. For all you know, Dell may not cover it citing some reason but why take the risk if there isn't a need to?

Gannu said:
^Please ask him NOT to misuse the complete cover. For all you know, Dell may not cover it citing some reason but why take the risk if there isn't a need to?

Customer abuse is not covered in the warranty, your friend may wanna place his hand next to the laptop and then run the car over it to prove it was accidental, cos its simple 1) Accident with just laptop being run over by that car and no other damages to the person or his vehicle ??
2) you wouldnt have accidentally put it on road and played truth and dare and dared your buddy to run it over with his car ???

Just my 2 straight to the point cents ;)

Cos complete cover, only covers accidental damages, if such incidences become frequent there would be a day where there would be no complete cover in India at all, do note that as me and you are able to read the post, Dell would be able as well !!!

Ha, I'll tell him to sit tight, till there's something actually wrong with the device..

Thanks guys

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Inspiron 6400 is awesome...I have a 5 year old one and it still runs better than some of the current laptops. and yes...build quality is superb.
Wraith said:
I dont think the battery comes under complete cover. And i totally agree with the build quality of the Inspiron 6400, its rock solid! infact my studio 15 seems quite flimsy in comparison.

I have a peculiar issue with Dell, and even a couple of calls and emails later, it hasn't been solved.

I bought a Dell N4110 laptop in the 1st week of September. When I registered the product online, it kept saying that there were no warranty contracts associated with the product, and showed the laptop under products with expired warranty column. However, as you know, the Dell comes with one year complete cover (I bought it online direct from Dell).

I contacted the customer service through calls (sometime in the 1st to 2nd week of October), but I was redirected to the technical support section. I couldn't contact the technical support chat after several attempts and my mail went unanswered. I tried calling them a couple of hours ago, but received a message that it was a public holiday today (Karnataka day, I presume).

Hopefully, I should be able to contact the technical support section tomorrow, and the issue will be resolved. Still, I am a little disappointed with the response thus far. Prior to my confirming the purchase, I kept getting calls once a day from Dell. Now, not so much as a courtesy response when I contact with an issue. :(

logistopath said:
I have a peculiar issue with Dell, and even a couple of calls and emails later, it hasn't been solved.

I bought a Dell N4110 laptop in the 1st week of September. When I registered the product online, it kept saying that there were no warranty contracts associated with the product, and showed the laptop under products with expired warranty column. However, as you know, the Dell comes with one year complete cover (I bought it online direct from Dell).

I contacted the customer service through calls (sometime in the 1st to 2nd week of October), but I was redirected to the technical support section. I couldn't contact the technical support chat after several attempts and my mail went unanswered. I tried calling them a couple of hours ago, but received a message that it was a public holiday today (Karnataka day, I presume).

Hopefully, I should be able to contact the technical support section tomorrow, and the issue will be resolved. Still, I am a little disappointed with the response thus far. Prior to my confirming the purchase, I kept getting calls once a day from Dell. Now, not so much as a courtesy response when I contact with an issue. :(

PM the Service tag Pls .. Lemme check what i can do for you :)

I am getting a new Dell XPS 15. Should I opt for 2year complete cover (~55,000) or 3 years (~63,000)? Will it cost me more if I want to renew it later?

I Had purchased a XPS 1640, in June,09 from Dell USA, carried only 1 year warranty.

Now carries no warranty though is in perfect working condition.

Could some one guide me how to get complete cover for this ! Urgent want to do it soon- can i get some kinda deal if i do it for 2 years ?

^^ I am also planning to purchase dell laptop from USA in coming black friday. Would like to know if I can transfer complete warranty cover to India & get complete accidental cover here? Also is there option to increase warranty period in India?

Seriously amazing service from Dell. I had issues with Optical drive, keypad, screen, heat sink, speakers, adapter. Laptop crashed due to some OS screw up. I purchased complete cover for 20k for 2 years. Expensive? Yes ofc. But hey, I have a spanking new laptop and no worries for the next 2 years. And they fixed everything within 24 hours making the complaint. This is amazing service. Thnx to OP for opening a thread like this. I was thinking abt selling and spending a mini fortune to replace my still amazing Studio XPS 1645 :D

Back