PC Peripherals Dell dragged to consumer court for over-pricing and faulty service

DevinWolf said:
Even I can replace a hard disk. You can get a 320gb 2.5inch hard drive from WD for 4k.

Yeah, my friend was smart and tracked down the company that Dell outsources maintenance work to, and that guy charged 4k to fit a 250GB hard drive in my friend's lappy. But 21k for a simple HDD replacement job is just plain criminal. This is the reason why Dell gives "amazing" service within the warranty period. By charging 10x for out-of-warranty repairs/replacements.

Sorry for the double post, but here's the actual bill my friend got. For those that haven't read my previous post, this is an official bill for replacement of a 160GB hard drive in my friend's 1.5 year-old Dell XPS M1530:

dell_outrageousbill.jpg

(And I know my taskbar's a mess. Lol)

techster said:
Sorry for the double post, but here's the actual bill my friend got. For those that haven't read my previous post, this is an official bill for replacement of a 160GB hard drive in my friend's 1.5 year-old Dell XPS M1530:

dell_outrageousbill.jpg

(And I know my taskbar's a mess. Lol)

Pardon my ignorance but why would your friend want to invest so much for that hard drive if it was available for cheap thru other dealers? It certainly proves that Dell overprices the products but I've no words for your friend who went for the replacement.

Gannu said:
Pardon my ignorance but why would your friend want to invest so much for that hard drive if it was available for cheap thru other dealers? It certainly proves that Dell overprices the products but I've no words for your friend who went for the replacement.

Nah, he didn't pay. Got it done for 4k from the company Dell sources maintenance work to. Mentioned this in my previous post. Come on yaar, not too many people can afford to blow 17k for a HDD replacement. That too, he was given an estimate of 4k by Dell as fitting charges. So he was asked to pay around 21k by Dell. If anyone can afford this outrageous rate for a simple HDD replacement, more power to you. Till then, jugaad solutions FTW :p

I simply posted the bill (with my friend's permission) as proof of Dell's unethical practices.

Yes , let these motherfxrÅŸ rot, rot in hell , rot here!!!

I want them to be screwed, left right and centre. Had so many of bad experiences with the overrated customer care and pathetic product standards.

Stop praising dell's after sales service fellow TE'ites. They are worse than HP or intex or my local computerwallah ki service.

Gannu said:
Lol so true that. I stumbled upon an option for a measly 2GB RAM upgrade for a Studio 15 laptop recently for like 4k! WTH?!

Yeah its the same eveywhere.. even HP does the same thing at times. Its priceless honestly. About 10-15 people should join in and file a class action suit against Dell.

Hmmm . . .
I don't find this new; Always do not go for branded PCs - services always suck!
Assemble the PCs by yourselves or ask ur friend to - or ur computerwala :)

Back