PC Peripherals Dell dragged to consumer court for over-pricing and faulty service

21k for HDD + its fitting charges... loosers :mad:

What..does it come with a free acer aspire one ?????

Go Indian..buy Chirag Laptop :rofl: :rofl:

guys one info i want to point out.In case anyone buys a new hp laptop the lappy is covered for 1 year by the manufacturer.Now if we want to go for a extended warranty say two years then hp says that you have to buy the extended warranty within a period of one month from the date of purchase.(am a little hazy here one month or 3 months).Now if u pay the required amt then u have an extended warranty of 2 years.Now in reality it should be one year(manufacturers warranty) plus 2 years (extended warranty) but the actual warranty ie the total warranty(including manufacturers warranty and extended warranty) will be for 2 years.This is a rip off.They say extended warranty for 2 years but give us 1 year as 1 year is already covered by the manufacturer by law.
People should hold these companies responsible.Its a daylight higway robbery.

Now if after one month u try to claim the extended warranty they say cannot be done.
now until and unless u have used the machine for few months and put it thro its paces how can we make a decision on extended warranty?.Does it mean in case of the restriction of one month that the product will go kaput if used for a longer period of time.For many of us it is a one time investment and we hope and pray that it will last atleast 3 years min.

just my rant.

johnie1 said:
guys one info i want to point out.In case anyone buys a new hp laptop the lappy is covered for 1 year by the manufacturer.Now if we want to go for a extended warranty say two years then hp says that you have to buy the extended warranty within a period of one month from the date of purchase.(am a little hazy here one month or 3 months).

Now if u pay the required amt then u have an extended warranty of 2 years.Now in reality it should be one year(manufacturers warranty) plus 2 years (extended warranty) but the actual warranty ie the total warranty(including manufacturers warranty and extended warranty) will be for 2 years.This is a rip off.They say extended warranty for 2 years but give us 1 year as 1 year is already covered by the manufacturer by law.

People should hold these companies responsible.Its a daylight higway robbery.

OMG! This is robbery. I don't knew this :mad::ashamed:

its applicable to most of them ..sony, apple list goes on. if ppl get their acts together and consumer courts start taking strict action against them. it will improve.but i must say during warranty period dell's warranty is supreme...peace of mind(only the amount to renew it was a bit less...:) )

Dell premium desktops have entry level quality parts. I made someone buy so that he did not come to me for warranty. The Video Card, CPU cooler were horrible. MB did not have enough expansion slots. PSU was only 300W (So couldnt change the GPU without chaning the PSU. And couldnt change the PSU without changing the Cabinet!). Only the cabinet was good looking. But at the price, it couldnt have matched the Assembled (considering using Decent Components)

I guess they are forced to use sub standard parts to lower the cost. (They can give an entry level computer at the price of an assembled computer or even lower)

[mod]Now on, I am just gonna delete posts with too many smileys. Repeat offense will get you a warning, followed by infarction etc :). One or two is ok, but dont flood post with smileys.[/mod]

well.. i'm looking to buy dell bluetooth mouse... and dell isn't selling the accessories in India now... Even im thinking that i must sue them... [:D]

hehe
count me in !!
Even I want one along with that there dell keyboard too
spawnfreak said:
well.. i'm looking to buy dell bluetooth mouse... and dell isn't selling the accessories in India now... Even im thinking that i must sue them... [:D]

Isolated incident? I seriously doubt this is the case for the majority of the dell users that have to endure during replacement. Besides, we don't know what's the story from Dell's end, do we?

Its unfortunately to see a company's name being buried 6 feet under because of poor customer service and support through 3rd party agencies who do servicing on Dell's behalf. People belonging to certain type of mindset will find ways to rip people off but there's always someone they would bump into who is assertive enough to file a consumer court and get something done rather than sitting in the shadows.

Great.. I have had first hand experience with their service. They sent a moron to service the laptop who had no clue what he was doing. I am going to send pictures of the laptop today to them.

dell deserves this...we shud not be hesitant in filling cases in consumer court..its friendly now..the seagate service centre refused to replace my burnt HDD..after preparing a rock solid case of 3pages ....i got it replaced ...its sad that dell is not here to reply on the incident.In us,the companies even respond to newegg reviews

Here's another atrocity:

aobafk.jpg

Upgradation of laptop RAM modules.

Back