PC Peripherals Dell E1909W @ NP ??

HailStonE

Skilled
I want to buy this monitor... My brother will be in Delhi next week so he can pick this up from Nehru Place..

I want to know where is it available at Nehru Place.... Shop, Dealer anyone... People who had bought this monitor from NP, your help is appreciated...
Also another query is if I can connect 2 PC's to it at the same time... One on D-Sub & another on DVI-D... Does it gives option to select display source from either at one time...
Link : - Dell E1909W 19-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

most dealers will giv S1909W 18.5" LCD instead of E1909W. So be careful when picking up. Even I got S1909W last week from my dealer when I ordered for E1909W. When I asked, they said its availability is less so send this one, but I send back S1909W and said I need E1909W clearly and nothing less. Price of E1909W is 7.2k

And u can either use D-sub or DVI, not both of them at the same time.

j1n M@tt said:
most dealers will giv S1909W 18.5" LCD instead of E1909W. So be careful when picking up. Even I got S1909W last week from my dealer when I ordered for E1909W. When I asked, they said its availability is less so send this one, but I send back S1909W and said I need E1909W clearly and nothing less. Price of E1909W is 7.2k
And u can either use D-sub or DVI, not both of them at the same time.

Thanks for the heads up... Are you from Delhi... did you finally managed to get the monitor from your dealer...

I know I cannot use both at the same time... But want to connect both & shift from one to another at any given time... There were LCD's earlier which let you select the display source & I want this exact function.... since I will be connecting my main rig with the download rig to the same panel... I've wireless combo which I can move (receiver) to each while using them...

Hey I got the quote of 7400/-(including tax and delivery) for Dell E1909W monitor today when i called up the Dell rep...

man have the prices fallen or what....can someone confirm by calling them...

@HailStone

but if u a hav budget around 8k, I must say u can try the S1909W. It has an aspect ratio of 16:9, they call it HD, but not full HD though since only 1366x768res. wat the dealers try to do is, they will say the availability of E1909W is very rare and they will push u to buy S1909W, which is around 8.2k I think, and a little high for a 18.5" LCD, where as the Benq sells kinda same model for just 6.4k.

btw I'm not from delhi...am from Cochin. I will get my monitor only by next week.

If I buy E1909W from a dealer, will I be getting the 3 years warranty that Dell provides?

I would be buying in Hyderabad...

Yes, u wud get 3 years warranty from dealers also. Purchase it from them. You'll also get some difference of 200-300 if u purchase from dealers. Plus warranty.

@saqib_khan

ya, dat Benq 18.5" LCD do hav DVI. The model is E900HD.

@Crossx

yup, u should get 3-yrs of warranty even if are buying from a dell authorized dealer/distributor.

sato1986 said:
y nt go for the Samsung 20incher S2033SW for 6.9k from CE (Nehru Place)? its better.

- 16:9
- No HDCP
- Glossy Panel
- Weird resolution...

I specifically want 19" Matted panel & DELL fits the bill...

@Crossx... Are you sure you got the quote right for E1909W for 7.4k

@j1n M@tt... I don't like S1909W the look is a downer & its also 16:9 which I do not want at this time.. By the way it sells for 6.5k & not ~8k

@saqib_khan...Thanx mate I know this model fulfills all my requirement since I cannot move to a high resolution screen... Do you have this monitor...

@HailStonE...yes I called up the Dell rep yesterday and he gave me that price..did not bargain though (i heard you can bargain with them)...

Also please tell me if I buy it from a dealer, how can we claim warranty and what is RMA procedure..

Crossx said:
@HailStonE...yes I called up the Dell rep yesterday and he gave me that price..did not bargain though (i heard you can bargain with them)...

Also please tell me if I buy it from a dealer, how can we claim warranty and what is RMA procedure..

DELL warranty is directly from company. Its linked to your LCD's serial no. So in case of RMA you need to call DELL support & they will pick up the monitor...

After repair/replacement it will be shipped back to you by DELL.....

thetechmind said:
picked up a e1909w last week for 7.4k locally....so the price is right....

That's the irony... locally it retails for ~7.2k but via DELL they quoted me ~8.8k last I checked... If its available ~ 7.4 k from DELL then it would be awesome...

Back