PC Peripherals Dell E1909W @ NP ??

@thetechmind

wat do u say E1909W or S1909W is better?? sometime I will be in need of this monitor too next week...do this hav better display than E19009W since they call S1909W as HD with 16:9 aspect ratio ?

@j1n M@tt......I think a 19'incher cannot be full HD....it is called HD coz it is 16:9 aspect ratio (some marketing gimmick)

^^ya I know its not full HD, but just wanna know hw the display is...it will be more finer than E1909W I think due to change in aspect ratio.

HailStonE said:
@saqib_khan...Thanx mate I know this model fulfills all my requirement since I cannot move to a high resolution screen... Do you have this monitor...

Dell E1909W : Resolution 1440 X 900

Dell S1909W : Resolution 1366 x 768 (16:9)

See, I have personally seen 18.5" LCD & I didn't liked it. Awkward resolution & awkward size. I think people who r more on to movie viewing should buy this one otherwise don't. But if I were u , I would buy E1909W anyday, without thinking more. :eek:hyeah:

I m too thinking to buy one for myself, my comparison is between Dell E1909W & Samsung 2233SW. I m stuck whether should I go for Full HD or not. :huh:

HailStonE said:
Great.... :hap2: Do make sure you also check if it can hot swap display output from D-Sub to DVI-D or not if connected to two PC's....

i already tested that.....i was able to do that :) :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

j1n M@tt said:
@thetechmind

wat do u say E1909W or S1909W is better?? sometime I will be in need of this monitor too next week...do this hav better display than E19009W since they call S1909W as HD with 16:9 aspect ratio ?

E1909W is no brainer...its just fab!......:hap2:

Will do a short review over the weekend...

if i were you i would go for Dell S2209W bcz now Dell has started making quality monitors at a very low price.... Samsung is also godd but if you compare Dell with Samsung then Dell is the best option !

thetechmind said:
i already tested that.....i was able to do that :) :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

E1909W is no brainer...its just fab!......:hap2:

Will do a short review over the weekend...

Thanxx mate... thats the confirmation I needed... I too think E1909W is slightly better than S1909W... :eek:hyeah:

@j1n M@tt... Its half HD but I don't think 16:9 aspect ratio can make picture quality any finer... Though it will get rid off those black bars on top & bottom of the screen when a video encoded in 16:9 aspect ratio is played...

Both screens are TN film so picture quality would be more or less same... S1909W has slightly lower resolution.. not a biggie but if only movie viewing is the sole purpose it makes sense due to native 16:9 AR...

Otherwise I think 16:10 ratio fits the bill for me...

Dell rep says if i get the monitor from a reseller, then i would get only 1 year warranty.....is it true or what...or he's trying hard to get me buy from Dell directly..

HailStonE said:
Its 7k.. can move up few hundred bucks though...

E1909w it has to be....dont fall for something else.......

a short thing before the real review....

1. excellent viewing angle for my taste...

2. it has button to switch from dvi to analog and vice versa..

3. excellent color / contrast

4. excellent stand and cable management thru the stand , my keyboard / mouse / power cord / vga cable run thru! the stand and no mess up.

5. all black

also i was going to opt for the 20" samsung , but then weird resolutions so that to stay off it....then i went to the 22" and almost bought it , until i realised - i wont be able to make optimum use of the same and + after spending on that i would have to run it thru a dedicated gfx for that kinda resolution and movies to scale properly....and the machine would run idle or only on the web most of the time , so another overhead on power consumption.....this thing is nicely running on my 5 yrs old P4GE-MX on-board !!!

^^ nice review man...now i cannot wait...

Help me...should i get it from dell and wait for 15 days for delivery or get it from a dealer instantly...will it make any difference?

Please help me find a dealer in Hyderabad...

^^Dude, first thing, go outside and inquire in some more shops. U should find a dealer of Dell. And buy from a dealer only IMO. As in case u require warranty, u could directly call him or go to his shop.

Crossx said:
^^ nice review man...now i cannot wait...

Help me...should i get it from dell and wait for 15 days for delivery or get it from a dealer instantly...will it make any difference?

Please help me find a dealer in Hyderabad...

im in mumbai.....so i wouldnt know abt a dealer in hyderabad...its better u look out in the local there....or get it from dell directly....

about the warranty part , i would post back in a while...since i had to call dell about something regarding this...

Back