Laptops Dell In Croma Stores

Hey Guys I Read In The News Paper That Dell Is Going To Display Its Entire Range In Cromo Stores For People To Get A Feel Of It,i Called Up Dell And They Confirmed That The Info Is True And They Will Showcase From First Week Of April 2008,
So This Is Gr8 News For All Those Who Wanted To See Dell Before Purchaseing It
Just Wanted To Share The Stuff With Tc People

does that mean we can even test the monitors before buying them ??..

or just go and check out the difference between as TN and non TN panel..

cause i really wanna do that..

if they are gonna showcase almost all of their monitors and laptops ..its gonna be awesome.. !

and what about the pricing will it be a little higher then the direct ..prices ?

its not certain what they will put for sale in retail. the hindu/businessline articles (search for them) mention it will first start in mumbai only, then expand to the rest of croma's measly 17 stores across the country...

A shop in ritchie st also has started selling dell lappies. He said he was a authorized dealer and offered me some pamphlets. Seems like many shops are going retail with dell laptops :)

faheem_m said:
does that mean we can even test the monitors before buying them ??..
or just go and check out the difference between as TN and non TN panel..
cause i really wanna do that..
if they are gonna showcase almost all of their monitors and laptops ..its gonna be awesome.. !

and what about the pricing will it be a little higher then the direct ..prices ?

I had taken my laptop to croma, juhu...a few months ago to check the actual diff bet 226wtq n 226bw. They let me do, what I wanted (of course under supervision) when where confident, I knew what I was doing.

I ran a few clips of Planet Earth in 1080p n some imax in 720p...then played some Crysis, COD 4, Bioshock...individually (as my laptop only has a single port...but a X1600 with 512MB). By the end of it, they were trying to learn, how to do what...rather than stoping me 4m doing something...also let me open the back panel of the samsung to check the panel #

Of course, I didn't buy any (Reason: TN !!!) but they were very happy n told me to come again n test more products...even if I don't intend on buying anything. Took my # n promised 2 call me as soon as they get any 24" monitor n did call me when they got the 246wtq but I wasn't interested in testing it...will defly go 2 check the dell n I'll take my bro's sony with 8600M GT, this time ;)

Does that answer Ur question, Faheem ???

^^ yes it does...

great service...i guess like DELL even they look after customer satisfaction and maybe thats the reason DELL is teaming up with them..

vishalrao said:
its not certain what they will put for sale in retail. the hindu/businessline articles (search for them) mention it will first start in mumbai only, then expand to the rest of croma's measly 17 stores across the country...

I saw a few dell lappies in a Nehru Place shop yesterday. Went inside to check them. 14" Inspiron was running too hot, had Vista Home Basic with 1GB ram. It was priced at something like 33-34K+plus taxes (don't exactly remember). There was also 13" XPS priced around 59K with Vista home premium.
XPS had a Vista score of 3.2. Could not believe it that even a 59K lappie can't produce a decent vista score

has33 said:
I had taken my laptop to croma, juhu...a few months ago to check the actual diff bet 226wtq n 226bw. They let me do, what I wanted (of course under supervision) when where confident, I knew what I was doing.

I ran a few clips of Planet Earth in 1080p n some imax in 720p...then played some Crysis, COD 4, Bioshock...individually (as my laptop only has a single port...but a X1600 with 512MB). By the end of it, they were trying to learn, how to do what...rather than stoping me 4m doing something...also let me open the back panel of the samsung to check the panel #

Of course, I didn't buy any (Reason: TN !!!) but they were very happy n told me to come again n test more products...even if I don't intend on buying anything. Took my # n promised 2 call me as soon as they get any 24" monitor n did call me when they got the 246wtq but I wasn't interested in testing it...will defly go 2 check the dell n I'll take my bro's sony with 8600M GT, this time ;)

Does that answer Ur question, Faheem ???

WOW!!! now thats cool. but unfortunately it seems like that ll vary store to store :(

I went to the local chroma here to look at some MP3 players. went at 2 on a sunday.

ALL the players were discharged cos those idiots hadnt charged them :p i asked n they said ppl keep using. tho i wonder who comes to chroma on Sun morn :p clearly they didnt charge overnite :no:

n to top it all, wen i asked if they could charge/connect the 2-3 i was interested in, those idiots flat out refused :p

Wats the use of displaying stuff if u cant even see it working? :rofl: thats supposed to be the point na?

finally just went out n got a piece from outside :) but me n my friends aint going all the way to chroma again :no: esp considerin how far it is.

yea, the pune (hadapsar) croma people dont know or care about customer satisfaction, totally disinterested in their work. maybe they are fed up with people who just walk in and spend time looking at all the stuff and not buying anything :) but even when i was serious/certain about buying an hp tablet and told them so they were least bothered, eventually got it from elsewhere...

vishalrao said:
yea, the pune (hadapsar) croma people dont know or care about customer satisfaction, totally disinterested in their work. maybe they are fed up with people who just walk in and spend time looking at all the stuff and not buying anything :) but even when i was serious/certain about buying an hp tablet and told them so they were least bothered, eventually got it from elsewhere...

this is really sad. cos i was talking bout the other one ;) (ishanya mall) seems both are equally bad :p

Back