Laptops DELL Latitude D630 or Lenovo Thinkpad!!

arnov

Adept
Hey guys, our college (Symbiosis) students have been offered deals, each from Lenovo and DELL.
1. DELL Latitude D630
Intel C2D T7100 (1.8 GHz, 2MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB)
Intel 965GM Motherboard
14.1" Widescreen
1GB DDR2 RAM 667 MHz
120GB HDD
6 Cell Battery
Org. Windows Vista/ Windows XP
Carry BAG
3yrs International Warranty

2. Lenovo Thinkpad R61
(Almost same connfig.)

Both of the Laptops are coming for Rs. 46,000/- (Tax Paid with Bill and Warranty) :huh: :huh: Which one to go for!!

The latitudes have a much better build than inspirons...

having said that, thinkpads are the benchmark for build quality

You can't go wrong with either though the Latitude looks slightly better than the TP IMHO

and it's a great deal , whichever one you choose

i have been using thinkpad for the past 3 years. never needed any servicin., no problems whatsoever
so i will recommend it. .

AMD4Life said:
+1 for the Latitude 630..

OT: Which college specifically?

My College: Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik, Maharashtra. This deals are common for all the people of Symbiosis Society. I forgot to mention it includes 8x DVD Writer also. Since I've been taking all the Initiatives for DELL, he has also agreed to give 1GB Pen Drive and Optical Mouse free along with it. This DELL deal also includes 3 yrs Complete Cover which comes for around Rs. 5500/- in the DELL India Website which included Total Replacement/Repair for any kind of damages.

Amaresh said:
He said Symbi.
I know buddy but Symbiosis is a University and not a college, so within Symbi you have the likes of SIBM, SCMHRD, SIMS, SIOM....:bleh:

arnov said:
My College: Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik, Maharashtra. This deals are common for all the people of Symbiosis Society. I forgot to mention it includes 8x DVD Writer also. Since I've been taking all the Initiatives for DELL, he has also agreed to give 1GB Pen Drive and Optical Mouse free along with it. This DELL deal also includes 3 yrs Complete Cover which comes for around Rs. 5500/- in the DELL India Website which included Total Replacement/Repair for any kind of damages.

I'll repeat what i said earlier..Good deal! :hap2: I can say that with more confidence because this is the same config that has been offered to students at my insti at a slightly cheaper price (sorry can't quote that)..Btw, the best part is that the price of this lappy if bought directly from DELL would cost somewhere around 65K..so you know who's the winner here..;)

PS: I was one of those smart @$$es who bought their own notebooks and hence couldn't take advantage of such a rocking deal..

I've been using a Dell Inspiron for over a year now. I did face some LCD problems, but the Dell Service is EXCELLENT. They replaced my LCD twice, without even checking for the authenticity of my claim. Awesome service!

AMD4Life said:
I know buddy but Symbiosis is a University and not a college, so within Symbi you have the likes of SIBM, SCMHRD, SIMS, SIOM....:bleh:

I'll repeat what i said earlier..Good deal! :hap2: I can say that with more confidence because this is the same config that has been offered to students at my insti at a slightly cheaper price (sorry can't quote that)..Btw, the best part is that the price of this lappy if bought directly from DELL would cost somewhere around 65K..so you know who's the winner here..;)

PS: I was one of those smart @$$es who bought their own notebooks and hence couldn't take advantage of such a rocking deal..

Are you also sytuduying in Symbiosis, if yes then which college: SIBM, SCMHRD etc. Also is the Distributor named VEETRAG Computers, because they are offering to our Institutes and said that they will be also delivering it in SITM, SIBM etc.

Back