PC Peripherals Dell or benq for a 22"?

Myth_Pharoah

Disciple
This question has probably been asked here a million times, but I want to be sure.

The prices I've been quoted:

BenQ E2200HD: 12500/-

Dell 2208 WFP 22 " UltraSharpTM Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 16,200/-

Dell S2209 WFP 22 " UltraSharpTM Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 14500/-

Buying in a day or two. Less cost is good, but if its worth the dough, I don't mind spending extra.

Also will these run of a fx5200 128mb? Its soon going to be upgraded to a 4850, but don't want to buy something I won't be able to use for a few weeks. (No I can't wait, I'm dying to get my hands on some new gadget!)

BenQ E2200HD .I was also in a similar dilemma few weeks back..

but finally got the E2200HD and very very happy with it .

almost all games run @ high settings on 1920 X 1080 using HD 4850.

and the HD movies look awesome !

havent noticed any problem as yet.

only thing is you dont have any fanct usb ports etc.

also you miss out on height adjustment which is there in the dell ..but shouldn't bother you much if you sit in front of the PC.

i wud prefer getting the dell.. although benq is VFM... depends if u willing on spending those extra 2k, or saving it for other components...

btw wer did u get the rates from?

Go for the Benq without thinking even once my friend. If this was available when I picked up my LG W2252S, I would have gone for it too.

does your GPU support FullHD resolution. Will it be able to play videos at that resolution without any hiccup. If yes, go for benq.

sato1986 said:
errr.... i dint like the make-quality of benq..... DELL ftw!

err care to explain what problems with the build quality ??

i havent noticed any till date..;)

IMO the E2200HD is one of the most value for money TN panel LCD ive seen.

yes i even checked the E2208 WFP before buying..

it's just a good LCD with some extra features and nothing more..but at the price @ which it comes for..isnt worth it.

and if you really think BenQ's got issues. .check out the review on TE as well as other sites like anandtech.

it's not that i am marketing the E2200HD cause i have one..

infact i too was reluctant on buying it ..but after some research i got it and i couldnt be more happy !

it truely is the best monitor you can get under 13k.

Myth_Pharoah said:

Also will these run of a fx5200 128mb?

Where were u quoted that price of the 2208WFP? :S Is that the Dell rep? Thats the same old price it was quoted almost an yr back (although I struck a deal with the Dell EPP for 13.5k!)

The monitor could very well work with the FX5200 but dont expect much from games. :p

FaH33m said:
err care to explain what problems with the build quality ??

i havent noticed any till date..;)

IMO the E2200HD is one of the most value for money TN panel LCD ive seen.

yes i even checked the E2208 WFP before buying..

it's just a good LCD with some extra features and nothing more..but at the price @ which it comes for..isnt worth it.

and if you really think BenQ's got issues. .check out the review on TE as well as other sites like anandtech.

it's not that i am marketing the E2200HD cause i have one..

infact i too was reluctant on buying it ..but after some research i got it and i couldnt be more happy !

it truely is the best monitor you can get under 13k.

yea i know abt the reviews....

the person who reviewed benq for TE never mentioned that his benq went kaput after arnd 1 month of purchase

jst that i dont dont like benq personally, have always had a bad experience with company in terms of monitors....

1nce purchased 25 monitors for a cafe, 3 of them stopped wrking withing 2 months of purchase... i mean shudnt this rate be smwhere arnd 1 in a 1000 or smthing?

anyways, just my honest opinion....

Myth_Pharoah said:
This question has probably been asked here a million times, but I want to be sure.

The prices I've been quoted:

BenQ E2200HD: 12500/-

Dell S2209 WFP 22 " UltraSharpTM Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 14500/-

Buying in a day or two. Less cost is good, but if its worth the dough, I don't mind spending extra.

Check this:

Dell S2209WA S-IPS panel
Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22 inch HD Flat Panel Widescreen LCD Monitor Black

Gunman said:
Would u think that'd fit within OP's budget? Heck, even if he spends a bit more? :no:

How much is that for?
And whats EPP?
Yeah I was quote 16500 by the dell rep. 13.3k? Like... wow. Anyway I can go about sourcing the monitor for such a price?

Back