Laptops Dell or HP

paritosh1010

Disciple
I am confused over to buy a Dell or an HP.

I'll give the specs
Dell-m1530
t7250
2 gb ddr2
160gb sata
geforce 8400m 128mb
1440*900 resolution truelife screen
1 yr warranty
price-57k

HP-dv6703tx
t5450
2gb ddr2
160gb sata
geforce 8400m 256mb
1280 resolution brightview one(some TM name, don't remember)
3 yr warranty
altec lansing speakers

I am inclined towards Dell, merely because all my friends are in favour of it.
I myself believe HP has a better customer care, but Dell has a better product quality.

Which one do you guys think I should buy?
I live in Delhi.
Moreover, Dell has the online payment, HP has instant delivery :D

yeah. the price for both the notebooks is the net price i am going to get. i asked dell to waive off the vat but they say its not possible now since the pcs are manufactured in india itself. maybe i can talk to increase the warranty, but in general, which is the better company? quality of product, reliability, customer care, after sales service, etc.?

paritosh1010 said:
i asked dell to waive off the vat but they say its not possible now since the pcs are manufactured in india itself.

Dude ask him to waive off vat because i got waived off before 5days when i ordered Xps 1530.:eek:hyeah: :bleh:

try negotiating with Dell. fridays is a good time as they are racing to meet weekly targets. u might get a good bargain. (someone told me so). also check prices in Nehru place --- not the showrooms, they charge like hell (HP showroom quoted 29,990 for a celeron!!!). try the other small shops. u might get a good bargain. but i've read in several places that compaq/HP has a better screen than Dell. The contrast ratio is better. and for the price ur paying for it 160 GB HDD is a bit too less, i think.

hey man who says hp has good after sales service hp is total crap in service and just know how to give excuses in 1 yr time period my 2 laptop got repaired for 5 time each from hard disk to lcd and from motherboard to battery dont ever say hp is good if u want i can email u scanned copies of service center job card i have 10 5 for each laptop and i also have dell which i am using from last 9 months and never face any issue thx

delguy19 said:
hey man who says hp has good after sales service hp is total crap in service and just know how to give excuses in 1 yr time period my 2 laptop got repaired for 5 time each from hard disk to lcd and from motherboard to battery dont ever say hp is good if u want i can email u scanned copies of service center job card i have 10 5 for each laptop and i also have dell which i am using from last 9 months and never face any issue thx

well, Dell is good as far as the service is concerned. And even product wise. no patchy work there. But HP would compare quite favourably with it. I'm sure its a one off incident.

does the grainy screen issue still remain with inspiron 1520 series?

i suppose the xps has better screens than the inspirons?

i really started digging this inspiron - so many configuration options and really falls within my budget with a great config, but then i end up seeing this screen thread on notebookreview.

is there any way we can customise hp laptops? any other companies you guys wanna suggest?

If i had above 2 options then i will surely go with dell,it has a better config then Hp.I have been using Hp n after sales service here in small place like raipur is pretty ok,has not used Dell but then wat i kno is they have vry gud after sale service!!

XPS>HP>Inspiron/Vostro

If you are on a tight budget, stick to HP/Compaq

You'll get a far better screen and build than Inspiron (which totally suck IMHO)

If you can push your budget then the XPS series blows the HP/Compaq/Inspirons out of the water

Now having said that, does the 15" XPS have a LED screen option?

superczar said:
XPS>HP>Inspiron/Vostro

If you are on a tight budget, stick to HP/Compaq
You'll get a far better screen and build than Inspiron (which totally suck IMHO)

If you can push your budget then the XPS series blows the HP/Compaq/Inspirons out of the water

Now having said that, does the 15" XPS have a LED screen option?

Spot on!!

I have been using my 2nd HP lappy now n its really gud...screen,built quality,sound etc...r really gud especially wen u compare it with Inspiron...bcoz i have seen 2-3 Inspiron models which my cousins r using!!

Dell has a vry gud after sale service...but at da same time HP is pretty gud 2!!

OT

Hey there is a offer , getting Dell Inspiron(TM) 1525 Laptop

E-VALUE CODE : R510209 , for 25 K including tax . How is this offer ? , BTW the online price is ~36k with tax .

Back