Laptops dell prices up again...new options on xps 1530

well i mean the overall prices....not by much by abt 2.5-3k

The system that i was getting for 70k a few days ago is now for abt 73k.

The new options are in the screen type, which is now available in 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050. This is by far the best thing that has happened.

The color options are now only black and blue.

There was also and option for choosing to remove the vat which said u will have to wait 5 days more to get ur notebook....well thats gone too.

Damn u dell...

Any particular model ur talkin abt??
That vat option and even the prices were good before, now i dont see much difference in dell and other vendors price wise...Guess the lowest price highest quality stunt was just to gain market share...

Party Monger said:
Damn u dell...

Any particular model ur talkin abt??
That vat option and even the prices were good before, now i dont see much difference in dell and other vendors price wise...Guess the lowest price highest quality stunt was just to gain market share...

i guess the changes are only on the xps m1530 for now...but the vat option removal i saw it coming for a long time.

its one of the best thing happened to the xps1530.. i have been waiting for a better resolution lcd to buy it.. they introduced this in usa some time back and i thought they will never introduce that offer here..

also i wonder why they are not introducing offer coupons in india.. india is the fastest growing market for dell and still they are ignoring india's potential.. last year the sales of dell pcs and laptops in india grow more than 80% while the same for america and europe was some 3 to 4%... hope they will change their strategy at least in the near future..

ill say wait for budget next month as prices of this stuff may come down......

actually the price is down...but a new tax has been introduced.....plus all those taxes.....i guess congress wants us to buy zenith comps than branded products....

magnet said:
ill say wait for budget next month as prices of this stuff may come down......

actually the price is down...but a new tax has been introduced.....plus all those taxes.....i guess congress wants us to buy zenith comps than branded products....

Well they removed the option to avoid vat which takes 5 days extra for shipping. That would have evened things out. Anyway...I was waiting for the better resolution LCD so I placed a request for a sales rep to call me today...the total came to 75k.....hope they bargain some and then some.....my budget is only 65k :))

its now with branded or unbranded notebooks.. our government wants all these manufactures to make their products in india itself than importing it from outside.. thats why they have made the import duties high.. last year when michael dell came to india, he was requested to setup a manufacturing plant in india. but he made a plant for making desktops and not laptops.. thats why the prices of dell laptops are still very high..

yup but any idea why they removed that...well regarding octroi i did heard during some raid a big computer company was found avoiding octroi....but as far as i know dell only says to take delivery outside mumbai where there is no octroi

Jus somedays back when i had a talk wid a dell senior he said a dell factory in banglore has started production...And they he himself had reviewed it..

They say this factory is better & bigger than the one they have in malaysia...
He said that they are expected to cut soat to the tune of 4-5k...
I would say thats due to economies of production in better factory, lesser courier charges, and cheap labour..

He said that the new 1525 is being produced there..
And in few months other products will also be produced, once the factory gets fully functional..

Had configured a xps 1530 which costs around 64K, however dell rep. has denied to give any type of discounts.

What i did... said Thanks, have a nice day ahead, and disconnected the phone :)

ashthedivx said:
Had configured a xps 1530 which costs around 64K, however dell rep. has denied to give any type of discounts.
What i did... said Thanks, have a nice day ahead, and disconnected the phone :)

hee hee.....did the same just now......the lady just wasnt ready to budge....i read somewhere they dont bargain on xps at all, just inspirons, so i gotta find a way to get this in navi mumbai or wait for the budget

andereklyonard said:
... or wait for the budget

i think there will be some duty hike in the budget.. Mr. FM today mentioned that we may treat him badly after budget.. that means we will not be happy with the budget and that clues some rate hikes.. im thinking abt getting one 1530 b4 the budget..

yup even a dell inspi which i configured for 74k the guy wasnt ready to budge he didnt call again and now i hear the tax es make same piece to cost 87k

masterBrain said:
not only that.. an additional 16% duty can be avoided if it is produced in india itself..

But i think dell is going to pass on, only a small part of the savings..Its deals like employee purchase programme etc that wil get really sweet...So go find urself some dell friends...:rofl:

@magnet:- Dont know why but i think dell prices have gone up since last 3-4months..i mean if u take into account taxes and all..Guess dell is catching up on lost margins, now that it has a good market share..:mad:
For me, i dont see much value in dell now...Rather better to give 2k more and buy good looking hp products...:no:

Back