Disciple
I have ordered a DELL STUDIO 15 on 19-12-2009

it was told to me that i would get the laptop by 24-12-2009

this is where everything started
the next day ive got a call saying that
THEY DONT HAVE THE MIKE MING SUNBURST IN PRODUCTION:mad::mad:

so i told him to make that a SEAWEED series

THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE MIKE MING SEAWEED IN PRODUCTION:mad::mad::mad:

so finally i was convinced to take a MIKE MING RED SWIRL which is the worst looking artistic edition and only one available with them

confirmed

finally the day has arrived 24-12-2009
ive called to the place where i have ordered
SIR WE DID NOT GET ANY INTIMATION FROM THEM MAY BE YOU WILL GET IT ON 26-12-2009

guess what i had a NOT SO MERRY christmas:(:(

finally 26-12-2009
SIR WE DID NOT GET ANY INTIMATION FROM THEM MAY BE YOU WILL GET IT ON 28-12-2009

its today ive suppposed to get it
SIR WE DID NOT GET ANY INTIMATION FROM THEM pls call DELL on this number

i've called on to the number he gave me

Guess what was the answer
SIR YOU WONT GET YOUR LAPTOP IN THIS WEEK:S:mad::mad:
it has to come all the way from malaysia

ive asked them to cancel the order then the guy said
SURE SIR If YOU ARE WILLING TO THEN WE WILL SURELY CANCEL THE ORDER

BUT YOUR REFUND WILL BE AFTER 2 MONTHS:chair::death::boxed::noway:

so guys if you need a laptop right away stop hanging with DELL get some other brands

by watching all these things im really geting suspicious about DELL aftersales

sorry for the long post just wanted to share

Re: DELL Shipping Policy su***

that is sad..

dells either provides excellent service.. or extremely horrible service..

dell is quite overrated when it comes to service IMO..

The Dell premium service for my XPS is excellent :D really. Also got the laptop 1 week before the delivery date..

I got Michael Dells email id from one of the replies to this blog post. Its Michael _AT_ dell _DOT_ com.

Dont let these things go lightly. Its high time Dell paid the price for their pathetic service. They were very well regarded not long ago, but things have gone down the drain.

had a similar problem with the XPS 16. They said it will take a month but took almost 2 months after payment for the delivery. What a piss off !

Raghunandan said:
I got Michael Dells email id from one of the replies to this blog post. Its Michael _AT_ dell _DOT_ com.

Dont let these things go lightly. Its high time Dell paid the price for their pathetic service. They were very well regarded not long ago, but things have gone down the drain.

Raghu are you kidding me? :O

Wow this'd be epic - shoot an email to the CEO to let him know the pathetic state of Dell's shipment policies in India!

i dint have any problem when i took mt inspiron 2 years ago i actually got the laptop soon than what they told me but I've heard about some people complaining about about poor service from dell

so that is a thing to watch out for while buying from dell directly other wise im quite satisfied with it.

quite an eye opener.

This has come at a right time, when i am thinking of purchasing a laptop.

So DELL maybe over-rated after all.

Its time for you to talk to the manager scream shout and don't stop they have to agree to give you some freebies....Make sure you give them a tough time shoot some emails to the managers....

H2O said:
Its time for you to talk to the manager scream shout and don't stop they have to agree to give you some freebies....Make sure you give them a tough time shoot some emails to the managers....

Hahaha will try it:eek:hyeah:
anyway i have a whole week to make them cry:p
Wow this'd be epic - shoot an email to the CEO to let him know the pathetic state of Dell's shipment policies in India!

lol.........may be he will mark my mail as spam:p

and guys i found a funny website

DellSucks.net:eek:hyeah:

think even i should share with them

all artist editions on studio 15 are on a 2-3 week lead time.... i know it sux but the refund process will take a longggg time.

every mail sent to micheal dell gets replied to. they do take it very seriously.... but in ur case there are not artist covers in the factory atm :(

4 day delivery every time, probably in your case due to the lower on demand side arty unit. the technical stuff is always available :p

dude dell has sold many hardware laptop and monitor past few months due to out of stock issue at india

so even i vist Richter street has need lcd monitor all the shop from delta page and sethia info net told out of stock due to shipment problem is not collect ;)

so it take hell pathetic long time from Malaysia lol :p due to made new laptop from factory :p

My dad's laptop was ordered in Novemeber and it came 3 weeks later with one delay. I think Dell are doing pretty well to keep up with the demand and shortages!

Dell's shipment and ASS, for both laptops (Inspiron 15 and Vostro) I purchased from then have been spot on. The Vostro went dead last week, and it came under the complete over, and the mobo was replaced Next business as promised.

I think Dell has one of the best ASS in the business, and that is probably their USP, personally I havent any issues with Dell, so I presume yours is a one off case.

I would definitely recommend the brand.

@OP:

Sorry to hear that you got such bad service from DELL, and the product is not even delivered yet. This for sure is an eye-opener for me. I am a die - hard DELL guy. (2 monitors + 1 laptop + recommendations to many friends). I just got a 24" from DELL, and they delivered it 3 days post fund transfer. I was shocked. But I think their service is going down. Two mini incidents related to my 24". There was a letter of sale (not invoice) which listed the wrong model number being sold to me. The monitor has NO service tag number on the back. I sent many mails to the lady, I was corresponding for purchase -- no reply. Ya she sent me a 'Merry Xmas' mail. Groaan..!

The way they treated you seems really lame. They kept on extending the date for delivery. You must feel, like you are asking the corner store shop to procure a pack of 'hard to get' chocolates. Tomorrow..tomorrow..for sure tomorrow..do not have. Shrug shoulder with sheepish grin. And why the heck, will a refund take 2 months. Really bad. Only reason people go for DELL is because of good online web sites, and nice after sales services. Their bare-bone product is quite the same to the competitors. If the service levels are going down then why go with DELL..?

Have you canceled the order..? All ready you had to do three compromises (2 for design choice, and one for delivery date).

@asingh

no dude I didn't cancel the order because of their awesome refund period

now they are tellin me that i would get it on or before 5-1-2010 :S

lets see

Back