Laptops Dell stopped customization option for XPS laptops in india

masterBrain

Disciple
Hi all,

I was surprised today when i visited the dell site. there was no option to customize or order the xps laptops. They are showing the following message

Sorry! The model you selected is currently unavailable to configure online. Please call our sales team for a quote on the above telephone number.

dont know why..

I guess it because of the budget stuff thats why they might be not available....ANd ya even 1520 cant be customised but on call u can personally..just be sure u r on comp and with reference to customised model u can pick your stuff...be prepare while calling

I called up Dell today and found they are in the process of updating the price change to the website- hence the customize option is not available. The price has come down.:hap2:

mahistuffs said:
I called up Dell today and found they are in the process of updating the price change to the website- hence the customize option is not available. The price has come down.:hap2:

DUDE the price has gone up......the processors are now costlier.....and the best part is nobody knows what for!!!!!!

For XPS

base is t5450
t7250 is +5054
t7500 is +9697
t7700 is +15027
For inspiron all price increments are abt a 1000 rs less.

Anyway I was planning on buying one but now I think I will wait for penryn. But I also read a news abt penryns being in short suppy throughout feb, god ****in knows when it will reach Indian shores.

I remember replying to someone in another thread about the upcoming price increase, especially the T7300 disappearing. The cheapest 4MB cache chip you can get now is the T7500, which is 5k more than the T7300. That's the only major change actually.

Dell's really going overboard with the rise in prices for no apparent reason... or maybe coz demand's gone up so they feel its the time to cash in when its up

Back