Dell Studio 15 vs Lenovo IdeaPad Y560

techcraze

Disciple
I am planning to buy a lappy this Diwali.
With the research I have done, I've shortlisted two Laptops
1. Dell Studio 15 (Rs. 43000)
2. Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 (Rs. 46000)

0. There was an Asus Laptop, whose model no. I can't recall but dropped it out of the list cuz I read complaints about its overheating and After Sales Service...

Which one is better?
Can you suggest any other model within same price range.

I will use the laptop for gaming/movie/surfing..

Would games like GTA4 or Mafia II run on these models?

lenovo y560 has a good graphics card and better than what studio 15 is providing.. yes, those games will be playable with decent fps..

on the other hand, lenovo has backlit keyboard too and its veriface technology.. though this model has had issues with its screen earlier, right now the possibility is low, but you can get a bad display..

also, new xps 15 will be here on November 3rd, and studios will be phased out, so you can wait for that too, and you should, i think..

Wait for the Dell xps series launch to check out the prices and if it doesnt come under your budget then go for the Lenovo Y560.

^^Today means its a very good news

Will wait for it

Even i am unable to decide whether to take Y560 or not

TY man

hackboy89 said:
@techcraze, it will be here today, just keep checking the dell india website..
teja92 said:
^^Today means its a very good news

Will wait for it

Even i am unable to decide whether to take Y560 or not

TY man
OK Guys,,,I 'll keep checking the site..

Also, update the details as soon as i get it..

The XPS 15 incher is going to be priced around $850..

well finally, they have unveiled the new XPS 15, good config and the base model is priced at 50k, just one negative point with this and that is.. they could have put gt435m and backlit keyboard as standard if they are gonna price it at 50k price point..

@teja, have a look..

For 50k you're also getting 2 USB3.0 ports, WiDi, Bluetooth 3.0, HDMI 1.4 with 3DTV support, Optimus and 4 SO-DIMM slots (most probably)...these features are unheard of in the current crop of 50k laptops..so its a great deal IMO.

The only gripe would be the lack of XPS 14 option..it has the sweet spot of power and portability for me, weighing 2.4kgs compared to XPS 15's 2.8kgs.

Yup, I've seen the Dell XPS series. The 15 incher is priced at 50,000.

I think I'll go for Lenovo Ideapad Z560...Its price is 46900 and still has a better graphic card than Dell XPS..

What y'all say?

hackboy89 said:
studios will be phased out, so you can wait for that too, and you should, i think..
Hey, any info on when new SXPS will be available in India?

Lenovo Y560 comes with ATI 5730 1GB GDDR3 GPU.

In the Dell US website, SXPS can be customized with ATI 5730 GPU, is it possible, when customized in the Dell India website?

Back